“Only for hotel guests?”

Parallel 23
Ranked #44 of 145 Restaurants in Providenciales
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: CARIBBEAN FUSION CUISINE WITH AN ELEGANT AMBIANCE Open for dinner every evening from 6:00pm until 10:00pm and offering stunning al fresco dining on a wide terrace or in our chic dining room, Parallel23 features beautiful full-height French doors and a hi-tech display kitchen with wow-factor wood-burning oven so diners can enjoy the theater of food preparation. Under the skillful hand of Executive Chef Lauren Callighen, guests can partake in an exemplary selection of land and sea favorites including coconut-marinated conch ceviche, pan roasted sea bass, and 21-day aged steaks. An extensive boutique wine list introduces even the most knowledgeable guest to a new experience. Parallel23 also offers a magnificent outdoor, domed dining room for guests who are seeking a more intimate setting or who would like to host a catered, private function.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had high hopes coming here but was let down by the level of service at this restaurant. I can't complain about the food...but the manager and hosts were extremely disorganized. We made reservations via phone hours before and told them we were from another hotel. They said that was fine and put us down. They also mentioned that they were doing buffet because of the rain/cancelled flights and we were ok with that. When we got there at the time of our reservation they said buffet wasn't ready and was only for hotel guests. We reiterated the fact that we made reservations. They got the manager and she came out and said the same thing "it's only for hotel guests but you can order tapas at the bar instead...". We put our foot down and told them we made reservations... They eventually sat us down and we had the buffet upstairs. They did a great job on the food but the fact that they gave us a hard time just to get a table made it a disappointment. I can't speak to the ambiance because they put us upstairs in a ballroom style room with a projector playing a Billy Joel concert from the 90's. Too funny.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I visited Provo with my girlfriends last year, and had an amazing meal at Parallel 23. When my husband and I visited the island last week, I insisted on going back. I was not disappointed. The food is amazing and the presentation is lovely. They even surprised me by baking gluten-free bread, just for me! And it was GOOD (others with Celiac disease can attest to the fact that most gluten-free bread is not that great). It can be tough to get great meals when you have food allergies, and the chef and staff went above and beyond to give me an exeptional meal served in one of the most lovely courtyards on Provo. I'll go back if given the chance!

1  Thank Pecadora
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We went for dinner -the restaurant is beautiful , the staff -every one of them are so friendly , the food was delicious ! Everything from the bread to desserts is presented well and tastes fresh . I have no idea why it's not rated one of the top 10 here .

1  Thank traveler1276kauai
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The chef at Parallel 23 is wonderful! Our meal was excellently prepared and presented. Everything from beginning to end was exquisite.

1  Thank mygirls2014
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This place is so beautiful. The bar is a great place to start the evening. Champagne and an outstanding martini!
We dined outside where the atmosphere can't be beat. The wait staff were over and above any place we dined. Very attentive. The food was exceptional Cucumber soup and watermelon salad were both refreshing on a sultry evening. Mahi mahi and the crab risotto were delicious. Very romantic with the sparkling lights in the garden and the chirping of the little chick birds. The background music was so relaxing...smooth jazz. Loved this place!