“Total Luxury”

Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Atlanta, Georgia
“Total Luxury”
Reviewed 24 April 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Turks & Caicos Gansevoort in Providenciales and fell in love. This hotel offers total luxury from check-in to check-out. At check-in, we were immediately offered non-alcoholic tropical drinks. After being escorted to our room, we found a lovely fruit plate and bottle of wine waiting for us. The room was simply amazing. I was concerned that due to the super modern look of the suite, it would not feel luxurious enough. There was no cause for my concern. From the Frette linens to the high-end appliances to the cozy furniture, the Gansevoort knows how to provide luxury. I was also concerned about the Gansevoort's reputation as a party spot. Again, this worry was baseless. Once, on our way to dinner, we could tell there was a party happening, but it was not close enough to the rooms for us to know if we hadn't passed it on the way out.

Our suite was on the second floor and offered priceless beach views. As far as we could tell, each suite offered beach views. The suites are sold as condos, so they are fully equipped with all the comforts of home. The grounds at the Gansevoort look as if they been pulled from a magazine. The pool, the beach, the lush plants--it's all fabulous. The beach feels rather private and there was always adequate seating, not to mention a staff that was more than attentive and willing to assist. I can't say enough about the staff, by the way. They were all so gracious and accommodating, the service seemed more like a bed and breakfast, less the intrusiveness. They think of everything and housekeeping always seemed to know just when to visit for daily service and turn downs. We loved nearly everything about this hotel and will certainly stay there again.

Pros: Amazing suites, PERFECT service, beautiful grounds, amenity-filled spa and fitness center (fitness classes are also offered outdoors and are not for the faint at heart).
Cons: For those without a rental car, the hotel is not located in the center of Grace Bay (this was not a con for us but a pro). The restaurant is rather average. We loved the breakfast buffet, but the room service we ordered was consistently average. Again, not a real issue for us as we were excited to explore T&C.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsADS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
sarasota, fl
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I have traveled the world over, but have never experienced the level of hospitality afforded me at the Gansevoort Turks and Caicos. When I spoke with several members of the management team about this, each related that they consciously strive to provide service that reflects the sweet nature of their staff members. When is the last time someone really looked you in the eye, smiled from the heart, and lifted you up? Too long? Then go to the Gansevoort, not for their gorgeous amenities and spectacular location, but for the beauty of their staff.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank moodyfoody
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Gansevoort resort is an intimate, lovely oasis of beauty. The setting is perfect- water so turquoise it defies description, beach of pristine white sands, luxurious beach couches and umbrellas set up with a smile the entire week exactly as I specified the first day, no crowds, perfect weather- sun, ideal temperature and cooling breezes. The rooms are gorgeous, everything new with very cool bathrooms- huge showers rain down from the ceiling, whirlpool tubs, Frette linens and endless thick towels. The rooms are amazingly quiet- I never heard a sound through the wall or a door slam. The food is terrific. But the most amazing thing about this resort is the LOVE. The management has wisely encouraged the staff to share their most amazing inner resource with the guests and as a result, I felt like a baby in mother's arms- just carried on a cloud of love all the time. There is never a fake "My Pleasure" uttered a la Ritz Carlton, these lovely folks just pour out the authentic love of their hearts 24/7. I totally forgot anything about my hectic life back home, just sunk into the lovecloud of bliss. Truly the essence of a perfect vacation. At the end of our week of Gansevoort love, My niece's wedding on the beach was a romantic dream come true. The staff had gotten to know us all week, inquiring how we were related to the bride, weaving a wonderful family connection to us. I will never forget the way the staff was at the reception. They stood, beaming at us from the sidelines, like an enveloping canopy of love, like a choir of angels. Imagine how a family gathers around a newborn baby, enveloping it in a cocoon of love. That is just how it felt to be at that wedding celebration. I have never experienced anything like it, anywhere! I didn't want to leave. I felt like I had become one of the family, deeply connected. We had a little problem with our room, and management went way overboard to make us happy. This resort is worth every penny. I left feeling uplifted, renewed and full of hope and energy to meet real life when I left.

Room Tip: Upper floors, oceanfront. I like building 2 best.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank happygail
Wichita, KS
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We decided to do a destination wedding to limit the amount of planning required. After many hours searching for right place we chose the Gansevoort in Turks and Caicos. The Gansevoort was the perfect place. Claire, Lidra, and Lavern were so incredibly helpful I had hardly anything to worry about. The staff are all so friendly and helpful The pool is amazing and the pods are well worth the money if you are traveling with many people. That also goes for the pods on the beach. We traveled with approximately 26 people and just to be clear there is not a bad room here. Our guests stayed in range of different rooms and all were beautiful. My husband and I stayed in a ground floor ocean view suite and of course it was incredible! Love the modern feel of the rooms. The weather on the day of the beach wedding was absolutely perfect. Staff spent hours setting up the beach in preparation and the result was gorgeous. The reception poolside was great also. The food that night was delicious from Bagatelle. It turned out to be quite private and quiet poolside for our reception and that was much appreciated. (We had one half of the pool, including 2 pods). Honestly, the Gansevoort exceeded my dreams and expectations of a perfect and low key beach wedding. If you are looking for a gorgeous hotel, in a perfect island, with the most helpful and friendly staff to enable you and your guests to do absolutely nothing but have a great time, look no further!!!!

• Stayed January 2011
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 April 2011

I was blown away by the gansevoort turks. it was beautiful, clean and just great. the staff was so friendly they knew our names wherever we went. if we were sitting on the beach, they would come up to me and say Jeff do you want another marguerita....how they remembered everyones names was incredible. the beach is maybe the nicest in the world, the pool was spectacular, the rooms were huge, clean and great, especially the bath that fills from the ceiling. can't wait to go back....

Room Tip: spend the money, it was worth it
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jeffrobe
Reviewed 10 April 2011

This is a gorgeous hotel, beautiful rooms, great pool and good food. Two major downsides 1) there is a limited number of nice chairs by the pool so unless you wake up early and stake your claim you have to deal with the lesser non padded chairs 2) there is a large number of staff on the property but they tend to talk to each otter or pretend to work rather than actually catering to the guests. The amount of service could be achieved with half the staff or they could actually get decent management and make people work. Not what I have come to expect from other Ganservoorts. If you need a drink on the beach you are better off walking back to the bar than hoping someone will come by. New management needed !

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Traveler78430
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2011

The food at the hotel wasn't good (comparable to the quality of subway). Our room was modern and comfortable, but missing some basics. Grounds and beach really nice. The 2 person lounge chairs on the beach need to be reserved in advance and were completely booked up during our trip. Staff was really friendly and helpful. Massages at the spa were excellent.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NYC102005
Tripster67, Manager at Gansevoort Turks + Caicos, responded to this review, 12 April 2011
Dear NYC102005,
Thank you for staying at Gansevoort Turks + Caicos and for posting a review on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased to hear that you liked the contemporary design and comfort of our rooms and enjoyed the friendly and helpful service provided by our staff. As our team strives to create an exceptional vacation experience for every guest, we always enjoy receiving positive comments supporting our efforts, as well as genuinely appreciate any feedback that can help us improve.

I'm sorry that you did not have a chance to experience our round beach sofa beds. They are very comfortable! Since they're always on high demand, we offer these sofas on resevation basis at a minimal fee. We do also provide our guests beach loungers and chairs complimentary and always have enough even when we're sold out.

I can assure you we’re very disappointed to hear that you were dissatisfied with your dining experience at the hotel. As most of our guests do enjoy the quality and variety of our menu items, we wish we had the opportunity to discuss your dissatisfaction during your stay, as we would have made every effort to accommodate with any special preferences.

As all our accommodations offer state of the art appliances, LCD TV’s, DVD players, Bose iPod docking stereos, luxurious Sterling beds with 400 Frette linens, Frette towels, bathroom toiletries by Cutler and many more amenities, I’m not clear on the missing basics you’re referring to and would greatly appreciate if you would contact me directly to help me understand exactly what we could have provided to make your stay more comfortable.

I can be reached at grant@gansevoorttc.com

Grant Friedman