“Gansevoort - A Concise review”

Gansevoort Turks + Caicos
Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I'm not a wordy guy, but I just feel obligated to provide a brief review of this fabulous Hotel for anyone who is considering a visit.

First - my reference points are Playa del Carmen 5-star All-inclusives (Secrets Maroma, Iberostar Grand, etc). Have traveled there annually for the past 8 years or so. This is my first experience in the Eastern Caribbean.

Arrival - Simple. Got off the plane, customs was a breeze, met David at the Gansevoort stand in front of the airport. Two bottles of water and a brief conversation and the taxi was there. Seven minute drive to the hotel. We arrived at approximately 1pm EST.

Front desk service was excellent. Drink ready to go (Rum punch - get used to it). Room was ready. 2 minutes later, we were having a drink and changing into our suits.

Room: We had an ocean front suite. Check out the pics on the website - spectacular. Everything about it was 5-star. Reminded me a lot of a room at a hotel in South Beach - only much bigger! I wont bore you with the details - trust me, it exceeded my expectations.

Beach: Reminded me of the beach at Maroma. Sand excellent. Long stretch left and right to take long walks. Beach sofas were a nice touch. Word of advice - about two days before you arrive, get in touch with Michael at the front desk and reserve the beach sofas. They were all "taken" when we got there, but luckily someone had double booked and we got theirs.

No problems with mosquitoes or other bugs.

Beach Service: The best! Jevon took such good care of us. Please be sure to slide her a tip each day, and you will have no worries. Mr. G and Rooster will set you up with a Beer Bucket and bring you as many Rum Punches as you want. Again - tips work well.

Food: Breakfast buffet was excellent. I've seen more comprehensive buffet's in Mexico but come on...you just don't need that many choices. This breakfast had everything you need to start the day. The beach bar was more than adequate for our lunch needs. Don't skip the grilled Conch and/or the Grilled Conch Tacos. Delicious !!!! Alesia was our waitress at the beach Grill.

The Bagatelle was very nice, romantic for dinner. Service was excellent. They were out of a few things on the menu one night, but no biggie. Plenty of other choices. Food was very acceptable - no need to go out every night to a different restaurant (although I would take a trip to Coco Bistro).

Nightlife: Not much on Nightlife. Friday and Sat there was a DJ, but not too many people dancing....at least not at 11pm. We don't typically stay out too late, so I can't really help you here.

Management: Met Grant Friedman our second day there. Couldn't have been more kind. Was very interested in making sure we were being taken care of. Ashley (last name?) was the director of food service. Ryan was his partner. Both were very visible on the property. Once again - very approachable and intent on our enjoying every meal.

Spa: Get Cristina for a massage. You won't be sorry.

Concierge: Charlene took care of us. Even drove to the store to get us a bottle of tequila. Natalie and Daphne were great too.

Bottom Line: We were very pleased with this small, upscale, very personable paradise. We felt special even though we were only there for 4 days.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank wenkebach

Reviewed 13 May 2011

We arrived at the Gansevoort 2pm after a very short ride from the airport. We were greeted by a wonderful, friendly staff and were offered a welcome drink. As you walk in, the lobby is outdoor and stunning. You immediately see the luxurious pool and behind the pool, the crystal, blue ocean. We had an amazing lunch right on the beach and made it to the 6pm Exhale Yoga class. The rooms are fabulous. Showers are amazing, the views are beautiful and the bed is so comfortable. Our housekeeper, Marleni, remembered that I loved the orchid in her hair, so she put a vase of orchids in our room. All the wait staff, front desk staff and pool and beach staff were helpful, friendly and eager to please. I loved that everything was included. We had beautiful chairs set up everyday on the ocean. We used the hobie cats, and paddle boards in the beautiful blue sea. The Yoga and classes at Exhale started the day for us. Mary Lou and Kim are amazing instructors. The breakfast that came with our package was delicious. The omelet station was my favorite.
I can't say enough wonderful things about the hotel, the staff and the activities. I will definitely make this trip again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I was picked up at the airport by the hotel's shuttle van and I was blown away by the beauty of this Gansevoort. The pool and beach in horizon is the first thing you see when you pull up. I was greeted by the event coordinator, Ms. Anne-Marie Martinez , who was an amazing hostess and made sure we had an incredible experience. The room was chic, comfortable and bigger then I expected. It included a luxurious bathroom with ceiling shower heads, queen size bed that was hard to leave in the morning and Bose ipod dock which I really appreciated! Breakfast was complimentary and fully satisfying as well as the food in their restaurant Bagatelle. I can't wait to go back this summer. I'm already booked!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wenberries
Reviewed 6 May 2011

The Gansevoort Turks & Caicos is a nice, clean, fun, easy to get to Caribbean resort with good service provided by the staff. I can't see how anybody with an open mind could have a bad time here. To us it wasn't the most amazing or unique spot we have been to but is deserving of a 4 star, or "very good", rating.

The location is about a 10 minute taxi ride from the airport which is nice. I think the recently introduced JetBlue direct flight from NYC to Provo will continue to be a boon for business - it's just a 3 hour flight, then that 10 minute taxi ride, and you're in paradise. The location is a touch removed from some of the other resorts and many of the restaurants you'll want to dine at, though. Cab rides are quick, however, and run about $10 bucks a person it would seem (the price seemed to change a tiny bit depending upon the taxi driver and where you were going).

We thought the entire place was very clean, seemed pretty new, and overall was well kept. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very spacious. A direct view of the ocean is hard to beat.

The pool is very nice, although chairs seemed to be almost fully reserved by about 9am, so word to the wise. If you want your pick of the litter we'd recommend being out there by 8 or 8:30, to plop your books/magazines down, and then go about your morning. Your chairs will be waiting for you when you return.

There are also plenty of chairs and sofabed type things on the beach. We'd heard a lot about the beautiful beach and sand and water, and it is nice, but we wouldn't say it stands out in terms of its beauty from the plethora of other fantastic Caribbean beaches out there.

The gym and spa aren't huge but are both well appointed. We'd recommend booking any spa treatments at least a couple/few days in advance if possible to get your preferred time.

The onsite restaurant is pretty good, and breakfast is (or was when we were there) included in the rate. There was a mix up with our reservation one night but they were pretty accommodating. For other dining options on the island, we thought Parallel 23 was very good, and they have live music on Friday and Saturday which was pretty good.

In short we had a good time and think that this place is well run and managed. I don't think we're itching to return but wouldn't stop a good friend from going.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bullet78
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Stayed for a week at the Gansevoort and could not have had a better time. The rooms are well appointed. I would not hesitate to stay here again on a return trip. The restaurant manager, Ashley is wonderful and attentive. ALL the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. A big bonus is the Exhale Spa and Gym feature the Core Fusion classes. Great way to work off the extra calories from all the eating! Expensive but worth it!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Stayed here for my husband's business trip with clients. It was an on the company trip. It was amazing. I loved, loved the hotel. Everything was perfect. Room was gorgeous, hotel gorgeous, food was so so good. Healthy and delicious. The drinks were perfect!!! Delish!! Service was great. All the staff was awesome. The beach is absolutely stunning, beautiful color and nice and calm. Lots of water sports right there in front of the hotel, which is great. I would go back in a heartbeat. My only complaint, which has nothing to do with the hotel, was that the civil union went on strike the day we were supposed to leave and our flight got cancelled since the fire department was part of the civil union. I don't think that will happen for quite a really long time, if ever so I wouldn't worry about that again. I highly recommend the Gansevoort!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2011

i booked a last minute "get out of town i need a beach" trip and was sick and tired of miami being my go to spot that a friend suggested t+c because of the direct non-stop flights now operating from nyc...so we signed up for a stay for 4 nights special and soaked it all in.

not only was the hotel property heavenly, but the staff were so unbelievably courteous and attentive i felt like i was VIP all weekend.

the scene at the hotel was chill, sexy and just all around cool. anne-marie the head of events and the hotel's director of "fun" took care of everyone like she genuinely knew everyone on the campus. she was the reason that the weekend was so fun, so classy, and and full of constant opportunities to either relax or gather with a group of fun like minded people and enjoy a premier ny dj (claudius raphael was flown in for the weekend!) for dinner or drinks.

i cannot wait to go back....

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends