I'm not a wordy guy, but I just feel obligated to provide a brief review of this fabulous Hotel for anyone who is considering a visit.
First - my reference points are Playa del Carmen 5-star All-inclusives (Secrets Maroma, Iberostar Grand, etc). Have traveled there annually for the past 8 years or so. This is my first experience in the Eastern Caribbean.
Arrival - Simple. Got off the plane, customs was a breeze, met David at the Gansevoort stand in front of the airport. Two bottles of water and a brief conversation and the taxi was there. Seven minute drive to the hotel. We arrived at approximately 1pm EST.
Front desk service was excellent. Drink ready to go (Rum punch - get used to it). Room was ready. 2 minutes later, we were having a drink and changing into our suits.
Room: We had an ocean front suite. Check out the pics on the website - spectacular. Everything about it was 5-star. Reminded me a lot of a room at a hotel in South Beach - only much bigger! I wont bore you with the details - trust me, it exceeded my expectations.
Beach: Reminded me of the beach at Maroma. Sand excellent. Long stretch left and right to take long walks. Beach sofas were a nice touch. Word of advice - about two days before you arrive, get in touch with Michael at the front desk and reserve the beach sofas. They were all "taken" when we got there, but luckily someone had double booked and we got theirs.
No problems with mosquitoes or other bugs.
Beach Service: The best! Jevon took such good care of us. Please be sure to slide her a tip each day, and you will have no worries. Mr. G and Rooster will set you up with a Beer Bucket and bring you as many Rum Punches as you want. Again - tips work well.
Food: Breakfast buffet was excellent. I've seen more comprehensive buffet's in Mexico but come on...you just don't need that many choices. This breakfast had everything you need to start the day. The beach bar was more than adequate for our lunch needs. Don't skip the grilled Conch and/or the Grilled Conch Tacos. Delicious !!!! Alesia was our waitress at the beach Grill.
The Bagatelle was very nice, romantic for dinner. Service was excellent. They were out of a few things on the menu one night, but no biggie. Plenty of other choices. Food was very acceptable - no need to go out every night to a different restaurant (although I would take a trip to Coco Bistro).
Nightlife: Not much on Nightlife. Friday and Sat there was a DJ, but not too many people dancing....at least not at 11pm. We don't typically stay out too late, so I can't really help you here.
Management: Met Grant Friedman our second day there. Couldn't have been more kind. Was very interested in making sure we were being taken care of. Ashley (last name?) was the director of food service. Ryan was his partner. Both were very visible on the property. Once again - very approachable and intent on our enjoying every meal.
Spa: Get Cristina for a massage. You won't be sorry.
Concierge: Charlene took care of us. Even drove to the store to get us a bottle of tequila. Natalie and Daphne were great too.
Bottom Line: We were very pleased with this small, upscale, very personable paradise. We felt special even though we were only there for 4 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos brings a signature approach to luxury lifestyle that redefines the destination resort experience. Each of the 91 guestrooms offers sweeping ocean views positioned and designed to pay homage to the unspoiled island. The resort blends Caribbean cool with sophisticated style to create a sense of place for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Gansevoort Turks + Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales