“Absolutely Perfect!”

Gansevoort Turks + Caicos
Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 2 November 2011

My husband and I just spent out first anniversary at the Gans for 7 days and it was perfect! It's absolutely beautiful there, the rooms are very clean and modern. The beach is gorgeous and we loved the Infiniti pool. The staff is very friendly and are always there when you need them. The conceirge was always available to make reservations for restaurants & excursions - two restaurants that are a MUST Coco Bistro and Parallel 23 - so delicious and breathtaking atmosphere. We also enjoyed several others, but those two were our fave. The grocery store is a 10 minute bike ride, fun and safe. The hotel will provide the bikes.

The only negative is it's very expensive which we knew this going, but had no idea about the other charges - tax is high and there are hotel surcharges on every single bill, that I think were 11%. Lunches averaged from $40 - $70 a day at the resort. Also, the taxis are pricey $11 - $20 each way, even if it's a 5 minute ride.

Overall - this place is amazing.

2  Thank jessicalynnk

Reviewed 2 November 2011

I simply cannot say enough wonderful things about this property or the staff. It was my first time in Turks and everything about the experience exceeded my expectations. I was blown away by absolutely every detail. From the gorgeous suites with the most amazing views of the Caribbean you'll ever see to the stellar top-rate service of the staff. No request was too big. If they saw you attempting to move a lounge chair, someone was at your side immediately moving it for you. If your towel was damp, a fresh one appeared at your side. Everyone here goes out of their way to make you feel pampered, welcome and exactly how a vacation should make you feel. I'm already plotting my return and I wouldn't dare stay anywhere besides the Gansevoort T&C!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Just spent a fabulous weekend at the Gansevoort in T&C for The Fabulous Life Weekend with VIP host Anne-Marie Martinez. It was an incredibly way to spend my birthday weekend with friends. The hotel is stunning! I would advise staying in one of the one bedroom suites with a kitchen - its worth the extra money!

My only complaint is that the food service at the beach/pool is extremely slow, but other than that it was a wonderful get away!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert F
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband and I, and grandchildren, stayed, for the third year, at the beautiful Gansevoort Hotel in Turks and Caicos. We were thrilled the first time, and each successive year we have stayed we have been more impressed and delighted with the upgrades.

The rooms, location and beach has always been perfect. The outdoor beach dining area and under the stars gourmet restaurant overlooking the pool and beach have improved each year.

The employees always make us feel very welcome and put themselves out to make sure everything during our stay is smooth. Grant Friedman, the General Manager, made sure that everything ran smoothly. A perfect place to vacation.

Room Tip: All the rooms are open, beautifully decorated and fresh and clean.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sandraolavsrud
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My wife and I just spent our honeymoon at the Gansevoort and were blown away. The accommodations, staff, pool and beach were all amazing. From the minute we checked in to the minute we left the staff was there to help us with anything we needed. If you are between the ages of 25-40 and looking for an amazing place to get away with your friends or wife/girlfriend you will not find a better place. Our room had amazing views of the beach and ocean as well as the beautiful infinity pool. The concierge was always available to give recommendations on where to eat, what activities to do and would book them for you instantly. The staff seemed to always be there when you needed them but they were never hovering around you. They would set up chairs for you, bring you towels, drinks, take pictures, basically anything you wanted. The breakfast, which is included with you stay, is amazing. Omelet bar, french toast, pancakes, fruit, bacon, potatoes and pastries. The hotel is a 10 minute ride from the airport ($11/person) and a 5 minute bike ride to the super market (in case you want to buy some snacks for your room which comes with a refrigerator, mini kitchen - bikes are available from the concierge). If you are looking for a romantic getaway or just looking to get away with some friends or couples then this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room with an ocean view. When the blind go up in the morning and you can see the oce...
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband and I just spent 4 nights at this lovely hotel with our daughter and son-in-law. Our mouths dropped when we first entered our room. The furnishings were sleek and contemporary. Our 2 bedroom, beachfront room was huge, over 1800 sq. ft. We could stand on our balcony and see the entire Grace Bay. One of my favorite touches was the free standing bathtub, with the water flowing from the ceiling! The kitchen was larger than my one at home, and very well stocked. There's even a wine chiller. The staff was attentive and we loved our included breakfast each morning. Next time, we'll schedule a romantic dinner right on the beach. This hotel would be perfect for honeymooners, but corporate groups would fare well too. The infinity pool is the focal point when you enter the hotel. It leads your eye to the amazing beach. The sand is so silky and pure. With the help of Jason, the adorable beach attendant, we took the hotel's hobie cat for a sail. We also snorkeled the nearby reef. Wasn't expecting to see such a large "friendly" reef shark.

Reviewed 30 October 2011

My boyfriend and I came to the Gansevoort T&C for 7 nights for vacation and loved every minute of it. The resort is beautiful and a 10 minute ride from the airport. We were greeted by the extremely friendly staff when we arrived with a cold fruit punch and our room was available for early check-in. The room was immaculate (hotel is only 2 years old, a definite plus) and we never heard anyone staying next door even though the hotel was full.

One of our favorite aspects of staying at the Gansevoort was the breakfast (included in the room rate). It consisted of delicious coffee, an omelette bar, fresh fruit and other breakfast options. We often did not end up eating lunch since breakfast was so large. Although we loved the breakfast, the hotel restaurant was not great but this was definitely not a problem. We ended up going to other resorts for dinner and sometimes lunch which allowed us to explore the island.

Another great aspect of the resort is the location. It is farther away from the usual strip of resorts including Beaches (AWFUL) so it is peaceful and you don't get overflow from other hotels. You can definitely walk to other resorts from the Gansevoort as well as one of our favorite restaurants, Somewhere Cafe, but being a good distance away was a major highlight.

I definitely recommend taking advantage of the included watersports, especially the sailing. A member of the beach staff will take you out on one of the hobie cats which is always a lot of fun. I also recommend the daily happy hours that last from 4pm to sundown that can be had out on the beach while the sun sets.

Lastly, the staff at the resorts was beyond friendly and helpful. We got to know some members by name and always felt safe and well taken care of at all times. The Gansevoort is a great place and I will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have great views, even the rooms with the "pool view"