“A True Paradise - Gansevoort Turks and Caicos”

Gansevoort Turks + Caicos
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Mahwah, New Jersey
“A True Paradise - Gansevoort Turks and Caicos”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This was my first trip to Turks and Caicos and I must say it was amazing. When we arrived at the Gansevoort, we were greeted with cool towels and some rum punch. We were given a quick tour of the premises and escorted to our room. Our room was very spacious and clean. The balcony had a great view of the beach. We were also given a complimentary bottle of wine. We had only one problem, our ac in the room was not working properly. I called the front desk and a service person was in our room within minutes. They fixed the problem and room cooled down but the next day the ac was not working again. The manager Berniquea called us immediately and moved us to another room and upgraded us to one oceanfront bedroom suite for the Inconvenience. The next day we were also given complimentary drinks on the beach. The whole staff at the Gansevoort was terrific and so friendly. They even called us in the evening to make sure that everything was ok. They cared about us and they made us feel as part of their family. The beach was equipped with lounge chairs, umbrellas, free snorkeling equipment, paddle boards, and kayaks too. The beach attendant Louis was great. He got us all the towels and setup our beach beds every morning. I have been to many caribbean islands and this is best hotel and beach I ever been to. The crystal clear blue water was great. The food at the beach grill was great. The Gansevoort salad with grill chicken and fish tacos was excellent. I think we ate lunch there everyday. I forgot to mention our package included free breakfast which was fine. Omelets, fresh fruit, and etc was good enough for us. We had dinner at various restaurants outside the hotel but we really enjoyed our hotel restaurant - the Stelle.
Just keep in mind that everything is imported, food costs is a bit pricey. Overall, it was a very relaxing vacation and would highly recommend the Gansevoort to all my friends and family. I promise to be back soon. Thank you Berniquea and the entire staff of Gansevoort

Room Tip: If you plan to eat out a lot, rent a car. It can cost you anywhere from 30 to 40 dollars round trip...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jcf913
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Gansevoort Turks + Caicos, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear jcf913,

Thank you for the detailed review. We’re thrilled you enjoyed every aspect of your stay – our staff is blushing with your compliments. Next time you visit the island, our concierge can set you up with even more activity options, such as a day out on our catamaran, or an afternoon of parasailing on the water. The possibilities are endless in paradise, and we look forward to your return!

@GansevoortTC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Perfect spot to experience ulta beauty in the most well cared for landscaped grounds that make you feel far far away. From the moment we arrived at the airport we felt like part of the Gansevoort family. The front desk staff was all smiles and always willing to answer any questions no matter how silly they may be. Try the spa and ask for Rosa. She was well worth every penny. The rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable and up to date with the latest and great electronics. Both the beach and pool have umbrella's, comfortable chairs and oodles of towels. Make sure you have the breakfast buffet. What a great selection (eggs, fruit, cereal, muffins, pancakes etc.) and you never wanted for anything. The restaurant staff was so accomodating and always smiling. All in all a high thumbs up!

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic and have great views.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patty F
Dear Patty F,

Thank you for the amazing review. We’re glad you found serenity and comfort in our little piece of paradise. Our staff welcomes guests with open arms and will be happy to hear your compliments. Since you loved the buffet, we hope you also enjoyed some delectable dining at Stelle Restaurant. The Lobster Linguine and Opal Valley Lamb are simply delicious, just to name a couple. We hope you stay with us again soon!

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had the pleasure of spending a long weekend at the Gansevoort in T&C. The rooms were spacious and clean. The views were stunning. The staff was friendly and welcoming. While the bar was fantastic, I'd recommend evening dining at other local hot spots. Though, make sure to enjoy the Friday night parties at the hotel! All in all, a great stay and two thumbs up!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Holly G
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Gansevoort Turks + Caicos, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Holly G,

Thank you for the review. We’re pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to paradise! Perhaps next time you’d be interested in taking a boat ride on our catamaran, or spending a day on the beach parasailing and kayaking. There’s endless adventure waiting to happen on the island. We hope you stay with us again!

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

A girls vacation to The Gansevoort Hotel in Turks and Caicos is what the doctor ordered. Paradise! The staff was kind and available to help with day and night plans. The hotel rooms are large and bright. The beach is equipped with lounge chairs, umbrellas, paddle boards and kayaks. Make sure to try the Watermelon Mojito. Refreshing and one of their trademarked beverages.

A 5 minute walk takes you to a nearby reef to snorkel. Or you can choose to hop on a boat for the day and snorkel for conch. The hotel can arrange for transportation to many of the restaurants or the island casino. I'll be back soon as their are direct flights from NYC & Miami.

Many thanks to the Gansevoort Team!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Dori N,

Thank you for the great review! We’re thrilled you and your girlfriends loved our hotel and had the chance to experience many of our adventurous activities. Since you enjoy rum cocktail by the pool, we suggest trying our Drunken Lobster next time– a frozen mix of strawberry, mango and coconut with Meyer’s Rum. Doesn’t get more refreshingly tropical than that. You may also be interested in some of Exhale Spa’s signature yoga classes, or even a reviving massage. We hope to see you again soon.

Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Beautiful hotel - perfect for a romantic vacation break from your kiddos! Great view, beautiful beach! Get the hotel breakfast buffet included and the buffet is served on the ocean every morning great way to start your day. Rent a car- everything on the island is close but not close enough to walk everywhere then you can drive to all the great restaurants for dinner. Saw a celebrity and several sport stars at our hotel while we were staying there

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer W
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Gansevoort Turks + Caicos, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Jennifer W,

Thank you for sharing your experience. You never who you'll run into on the beaches of Turks+Caicos, but you can be sure that we will roll out the red carpet for you. After all, your wish is our command. Did you get a chance to take a boat excursion on our catamaran? It’s a wonderful way to enjoy the sunshine and turquoise sea. We hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I thought I was taking a typical Caribbean vacation, but was so surprised with the resort!!! From the welcoming by Grant Friedman and his staff to the cleanliness & offerings I was floored!!! I almost wanted to move in the resort by the time I had to check out (no exaggeration). Everyone greeted me by name & a smile the whole time. The staff, again, was the friendliest I have ever experienced. It was such a romantic ambiance... and on Friday night the restaurant, Stelle, was like a lounge in South Beach after dinner which was fun without having to leave the property. The people that stayed at the resort were great, too! The most amazing part about the hotel was the concierge service. They suggested & arranged amazing dinners & excursions!!! If you are a picky traveler like myself than you will NOT be disappointed by the Gansevoort T&C. I give this spot 3 thumbs up!!! Can't wait for my next trip back :)

• Stayed June 2013
Dear KChanne,

Thank you for the review. We’re happy to hear all of your compliments and positive sentiments – the feeling is mutual. Our concierge team is tremendous and takes pride in enhancing each visitor’s island adventures. Let us know when you’ll be returning and we will set you up with even more amazing experiences, such as parasailing or even scuba diving. We look forward to your next visit!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Purpose of the trip: relax, relax, relax
Traveled with my husband
Stayed for 4 nights
First time in Turks & Caicos

Pros: Beach location, amazing pool, clean rooms
Cons: inconsistent food, $$

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay in Turks and Caicos staying at the Gansevoort. I will have to stay I absolutely love this hotel. We left on a 6 am flight connected in Miami and we were at the hotel by 12:30. Upon arrival at the airport, they have a kiosk to arrange for transportation. We purchased the steal away package where the 15 min taxi was included. Upon arrival there was a little confusion as the taxi driver demanded payment from us and the receptionist took a while to figure out if he needed to be paid. So our rum punch and cool washcloths had to wait before they got it sorted it out. However, we didn't let it put a damper on our vacation. We were escorted to our room and were very pleased with the view. We got a first floor ocean view suite and even though it had beach access, we moved up the second floor on the second day as we saw a couple of sketchy characters pass the room at night. The hotel accommodated us and were were happy with the second floor,

As soon as we got to the hotel, we changed and walked right onto the beach which was great! The beach is so private compared to some of the other resorts down the way. You really feel as though you are on a secluded island. I must add that we visited during the slow season, so that might also have a little to do with it. However, during our visit, we had no trouble getting a spot on the beach that was anything less than perfect. The day beds are $75/day to rent, but are totally worth it and you won't be disappointed. I think the beach and pool service is a little slow as I had to get up at least once a day to either order or check on an order. However, I think the employees do operate on island time. Remember that food and beverages are expensive regardless of where you because of everything having to be transported to the island. Try the Watermelon mojoito or the drunken lobster. If you like beer, Turk's Head is very comparable to Corona. For lunch the first day, we walked about 7 min down the beach to Somewhere Cafe which was pretty good. That night we dined at Stelle. Food is only reason that I cannot give this hotel 5 stars. For being such a great hotel, I found the food very inconsistent. I am a vegetarian, so my opinion is limited. The ravioli gave me an upset stomach twice (I thought it was too much rum punch the first time, so I decided to give it another chance and ended up with another upset stomach. Also, ordered pizza for lunch twice and it wasn't the same. I really enjoyed my omelets made fresh each morning but the first morning was the best and the other days I had it just didn't compare. For an upscale hotel, I had expected the food to be better. Nonetheless, all the amenities of the hotel are very upscale. The room is equipped with silverware, dishes, cookware, dishwasher, blender, basically anything you want to cook with. We ended up going to the grocery store and picked up supplies. Housekeeping was great and cleaned the room twice a day. As the beach boys for snorkel gear, paddles, kayaks, noodles, basically all of your beach essentials. We took our snorkel gear down to smith's reef which is about a 7 min walk from the hotel. Even though there is no coral at the beach in front of the hotel, I did see several fish.

We didn't venture out a lot, but there is not really a night life in Turks. We did dine at the Beachhouse which I enjoyed and we took a taxi to Las Briszas. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Turks and will be def back!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rakstar07
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Gansevoort Turks + Caicos, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Dear rakstar07,

Thank you for the detailed review – we appreciate your feedback. We will be sure to let our Stelle team know of the inconsistencies you experienced so we can provide the best possible service for future guests. It’s great that you were able to make the most out of our beach and ocean activities. Next time, you may be interested in trying scuba diving to explore and discover the depths of the turquoise waters further. We even offer a “Big Blue” package, which includes a full breakfast buffet, daily scuba diving and more! We hope you choose to stay with us again next time you visit the island.