“Like walking into a living postcard”

Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Crosswicks, New Jersey
“Like walking into a living postcard”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Walking into the Gansevoort is like walking into a living postcard. Upon entering the property, it is reminiscent of Santorini, with its cerulean blues and whites.
A Gansevoort representative met us at the airport and arranged for transportation to the resort. At check-in we were greeted with cool towels, refreshing fruit punch, and smiles that carried throughout our entire six-day stay.
We were given a brief tour of the property before being taken to our room. The resort is small. I would describe it as more of a boutique property. Our one bedroom suite was beautifully appointed - the decor mirroring the colors of the pristine white beaches and serene blue water. Our room was always clean and fresh and we were provided bottled water every day - impeccable service!
The fitness center and spa are small, but very good. Rose gave me one of the best massages that I have ever had!
The breakfast buffet is delicious, with enough variety of fresh fruit, french toast, pancakes, and an omelette bar to satisfy even the pickiest eater like my husband. (Thanks to Ruth for being so nice and accommodating.)
A few tips: Food at the resort, although very good, is a little expensive. Be sure to leave the property and try some of the local cuisine. We also took advantage of the refrigerator in our room and stocked up on some snacks at the supermarket. Bring some cash for taxis, tipping, and the Thursday night Fish Fry! There isn't an ATM on the property.
Overall, it was a fabulous stay and we can't wait to return!

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank Jackson071004
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Gansevoort Turks + Caicos, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Jackson071004,

Thank you for the detailed review. We’re delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay from start to finish. We’ll pass along your sentiments to Rose, Ruth and the rest of our great team. Next time, check out our special offers for unbeatable deals. Experience a taste of island life with our “Fish + Dish” package. It incudes a fishing excursion followed by a Stelle feast where your catch will be prepared Caribbean or Mediterranean style. We look forward to building more blissful memories with you in paradise!

Gansevoort Turks + Caicos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I went down here to celebrate my 35th birthday. Literally the best trip I've ever going on in my life. Ignore any other reviews that are not five-star reviews (as those folks must be crazy).

The service was perfect, the rooms were gorgeous and "brand new" clean, the concierge service is top notch, the restaurant Stelle recently got a new chef and was the best meal we had on the island.

Oh...and Desmond (the bartender) is the coolest / greatest guy ever. We'd go back just to sit at his bar again. So. Much. Fun!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Jordan O
Dear Jordan O,

Thank you for sharing your great experience. We were more than happy to make your birthday in paradise special. Your compliments mean a lot to us and we’ll pass them along to Desmond and the rest of our deserving team. Next time, we’ll point you towards more authentic dining options in the area. Check out Da Conch Shack for fresh, local seafood or their popular Island Jerk Chicken. They also have a beach party with live music every Wednesday evening. We hope you create more island memories with us soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My wife and I went to Turks and Caicos with our 1 year old son to renew our vows after 10 years of marriage. The entire experience was incredible. The hotel itself was quiet, peaceful and so unbelievably beautiful. The staff at the hotel was wonderfully nice, extremely willing to help at all times, and always prompt with their response. The hotel grounds were kept beautiful. The rooms were exquisite. We stayed in an ocean view suite with a full kitchen and it had everything we needed. There was even a washing machine and dryer which was so helpful with our son. The hotel even arranged for a crib to be in the room so that we did not have to bring anything. The water was perfect, the weather was perfect, the daily breakfast / brunch that was included in our stay at the hotel restaurant Stelle was fabulous. The Turks and Caicos Gansevoort was one of our favorite destinations and we have traveled extensively all around the world. We will definitely go back and stay there multiple times in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AJM13132013
Dear AJM13132013,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We truly value your lovely remarks and will let our team know of your blissful experience. We’re delighted you renewed your vows on the island – we can’t think of a more intimate setting. Next time, check out our special offers for a getaway with a deal. Our “Mr. + Mrs. G” package is perfect for another romantic retreat. It includes a couples massage, dinner for two on an island pod and much more. We look forward to providing you with the royal treatment again.

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Went with a few friends and family. Staff are great, friendly, efficient, and very helpful. Environs are aesthetic, rooms are beautiful and practical. With our group, we experienced different rooms with different views - all very beautiful.
The restaurant served the best meals. Fresh, tasty, well presented. The dining experience for breakfast and dinner (Lunch served at beach dining) are just so pleasant and relaxing. Love it.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Kerry-Ann B,

Thank you for the lovely review and kind sentiments. We hope you had the chance to experience the full beauty of the island. Explore it farther on the open sea aboard our catamaran or beachside riding horseback. Although relaxing, there’s never a dull moment in paradise. We hope to see you again!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I spent 3 nights at Gansevoort in Turks and Caicos in October 2013. I'm sorry for the late review but it was the time of my life and must take the time to still submit my review! I traveled alone to celebrate my recent retirement from teaching in Georgia. I can't say enough about the experience I had even being alone. I never felt alone because the staff and the island locals made me feel very welcome and attended to my every need.
First, I must thank Kim the gracious hostess at the Stelle restaurant for being a hostess throughout my stay. She truly understands how to make guests feel welcome and extended the warm island spirit in a special way. Daphny at the concierge desk was equally helpful and made sure that I was able to get reservations for dinner anywhere I chose as well as enlisting the help of management and a co-worker (I'm sorry don't have names) to get me a last minute reservation for horseback riding on the beach. Dapny also referred me to the most reliable and personable cab driver Rueben, who took care of all my transportation needs in a gracious safe manner. Oh and did I mention that Daphny also told me where to purchase make-up because I mistakenly left all mine at home. I have to also mention that Kim was very resourceful as well. Thanks for the wonderful time at Bugaloos'. The owner was very gracious and the food and entertainment was a true island experience.
The housekeeping and the grounds were excellent. All the staff at gansevoort take pride in their work and were always present for my every need, even though it was the off season. My apartment (not just a room), one bedroom oceanfront was a dream come true. I can't wait to visit again. I highly recommend this resort for anyone that is looking for a dream vacation.

Room Tip: Go oceanfront all the way. You feel as though you live on the beach!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank christinaatl
Gansevoort_HG, Digital Assistant at Gansevoort Turks + Caicos, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear christinaatl,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We truly appreciate your sentiments and will pass them along to Kim, Daphny and the rest of our team. Sometimes a solo trip to paradise is just what the doctor ordered, and we’re delighted your getaway was positively memorable. Next time, check out Exhale Spa’s blissful offerings. Sink deeper into relaxation with one of their signature massages or kick-start a beach day with a core fusion class. The opportunities are endless! We look forward to seeing you again.

San Francisco
Reviewed 27 November 2013

It really is perfect. Well almost. The high-concept design is beautiful. The beach is the best I've ever encountered. The service is warm, unpretentious, just right. The physical plant cannot be beaten. You approach the lobby then are blown away by the view straight out to the emerald and sapphire caribbean. The premises resemble a greek temple (though not in any over-wrought way). Rooms are comfortable, well appointed. Ours is one of the cheaper options, yet we have a substantial lanai with a beautiful ocean view. I don't think there are any rooms that have less of a view than ours.
The failings: the eurotrash techno soundtrack at the pool. Just not necessary. I come here for peace and quiet. I don't want to feel like I'm in a second tier Berlin fern bar. The beach service could be a little more pampering; the guys who take care of you at the beach do a great job as far as they go, but frankly at this price point, I expect the occasional sorbet or fresh fruit, or even a micro serving of haagen dazs. (Hello, the Four Seasons called...they want their beach perks back). Breakfast is adequate, but it really ought to go beyond adequate. They need more special treats....custom made omelettes don't really cut it. Smoked salmon? Raw bar? Even waffles on demand would be an improvement.
I can't wait to come back here. Seriously. Despite my nit-picking, this is the nicest place I've ever stayed.

Room Tip: They're all good.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank joeblitzflick
Dear joeblitzflick,

Thank you for the detailed review. We’re delighted with your compliments and look forward to your second trip to paradise. We take your feedback to heart and will pass them along to our team. Next time, be sure to indulge in a meal or two at Stelle Restaurant for a fine dining experience by the beach. The whole roast caicos lobster tail with roast fingerling potato, drawn butter, and buttered broccoli is a must. Pair it with their classic reserve sangria and you’re set. We hope to see you again very soon!

Cold Spring Harbor, New York
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

This was our 3rd trip to TCI but the 1st one just as a couple. The Gansevoort was the perfect spot for pure relaxation and togetherness... Room was huge, spotless and extremely comfortable, and the view of the ocean was bliss. Dinner reservations made by the concierge were spot on (def go to coco bistro) and lunch on the beach was more than enough after the huge breakfast they offer. We reserved a beach bed everyday for a small fee and it was truly heaven! If I had one tiny complaint it would be the spa. Our massages were wonderful, but the area needs updating. The "relaxation room" was right next to the pool, so you are laying outside in a courtyard listening to the people and music on the other side of the fence! Still in all, it was an amazing long weekend and we are already planning our getaway here for next year!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear mnacc,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’re delighted you enjoyed a blissful romantic getaway together on the island. Next time, we suggest you spend a day jet skiing under the sun and later take a boat excursion to watch the sun set over the ocean. The opportunities are endless in paradise! As far as your time spent at Exhale Spa, we appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to their management. We look forward to seeing you both again next year!