We spent Christmas week 2013 at the Gansevoort. It's a great place, but consistent little faults keep it from 5 stars. The rooms, while sleek and sexy, aren't very practical. We were told my teenage daughter could easily stay in the 1-bedroom suite with us, but no bathroom doors meant we had to juggle our positions around the room whenever one of us showered. The staff is extraordinarily friendly, but often details are overlooked. Calls sometimes weren't returned from housekeeping and the concierge, they ran out of popular foods at the Christmas dinner, and it's hard to get chairs on the beach after a certain time. But, they do somehow manage to repeatedly remind you that they want to sell the rooms as condos.
This is a very good and beautiful hotel that could easily be a great hotel. If they paid more attention to detail and seriously toned done the condo sales, then this could be one of the best in the Caribbean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos brings a signature approach to luxury lifestyle that redefines the destination resort experience. Each of the 91 guestrooms offers sweeping ocean views positioned and designed to pay homage to the unspoiled island. The resort blends Caribbean cool with sophisticated style to create a sense of place for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gansevoort Turks + Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales