The property is visually stunning. It's sleek style provides a great sensory experience from the dramatic entrance all the way through the property to the ocean. It's white buildings, with sleek lines provide a great offset to the unbelievable colors of the ocean.
We stayed in an OceanView Terrace King Room. Overall the room was clean and very modern in design and style. The photos are a very good indication of the design and style. Comfortable with an edgy feel. The clear glass to see out from the bathroom and shower to the ocean was fantastic.
The daily breakfast at Stelle was sufficient and offered a lot of variety. We'd disagree with the other reviewers who complain that it is boring day after day or didn't offer anything to eat. Perhaps if we were here for multiple weeks it might have gotten repetitive, but our (all too brief) five night stay didn't lend itself to viewing the breakfast as boring.
We did eat one meal on the beach for lunch one day, and the hamburger we had was very good. The drinks from the beach/pool bar were tasty, but my one recurring observation was that it seemed like they hadn't made the drinks very strong. Other than that we didn't eat any other meals on property, so I can't provide any insight on whether the other menu items are good or if dinner at Stelle is as over-rated as others have suggested. I will say, the nighttime setting at Stelle is quite lovely and looked like it would be a good experience.
Our off-site meals included: Somewhere Cafe, Tiki Hut, Infinity Bar at Grace Bay Resort, Coco Bistro (do not miss - service and food is exceptional) and the Bar at Amanyara.
The property did offer several options for activity, from the snorkel gear, stand up paddle boards, hobie cat, kayaks, fusion yoga classes, spa, fitness center, pool, Grace Bay beach to walk for miles and beach cruiser bikes to check out for local area rides.
If there is one specific area of improvement that we'd highlight for Gansevoort Turks & Caicos - it would be the friendliness of the staff. The staff is professional and courteous but lacks friendliness. We made several attempts to engage staff in conversations and did not receive much engagement in return. Bottomline: for a property that is positioning itself as a high-end, swanky, exclusive experience, you'd expect your staff to be very service-first oriented and understand the value of engaging the customers. To their credit, they were not over-bearing, we certainly did not feel as if they were constantly hovering around and inserting themselves into the guests lives. They did keep a respectful distance, allowing the guests the freedom to unwind, escape and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos brings a signature approach to luxury lifestyle that redefines the destination resort experience. Each of the 91 guestrooms offers sweeping ocean views positioned and designed to pay homage to the unspoiled island. The resort blends Caribbean cool with sophisticated style to create a sense of place for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gansevoort Turks + Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales