We moved to this resort after a few days at The Regent Palms. Wanted to see for ourselves why so many people rave about this hotel.
Staff is very courteous and friendly. Reggie at the front desk as well as AJ and Franklin were great! Always smiling and ready to help. Great staff at the restaurant also.
PROS: Almost all rooms have either a full ocean or partial ocean view. Breakfast has many choices from custom omelette to fruits, pancakes and more! The beach is far less crowded since it is the last resort east of Grace Bay and before Turtle Cove. Grace Bay isn't really crowded at all but this beach was exclusive for Gansevoort guests. 5 minute walk to Coral Gardens where there is great snorkeling! Almost touched a stingray! Nice pool design with floaties to relax on. Modern rooms with Bose speakers. Turn down service and movies to rent for free. Roof shower and large shower area.
CONS: Farther from Salt Mills. They have chilled water dispensers around the pool and beach but otherwise, they will charge you for bottled water. Rooms were modern but water from shower will leak around the shower area. Be careful not to slip. We had to put extra towels around the bathroom. Entire floor area is tile for a modern look so be careful around wet areas. The beach, although less crowded, was not as calm as other parts of Grace Bay. It seemed like there was a current the entire time and when we walked to the area by Alexandra and Regent Palms, the ocean was much more calm. Adjacent to the restaurant is the Yoga area...if you want a peaceful breakfast, make sure you don't eat at the same time there is a class because you will hear the instructor loudly through her microphone for the entire duration of your meal, it was quite annoying. For $75 you can reserve one of four island areas in the pool or for $50 you can have a cabana bed in the beach. Overpriced.
Overall the staff was very friendly, modern accommodations and ample water activities. Like the other resorts, the beach was incredible! It was however overpriced and we seemed to get a better experience overall at The Regent Palms which is a larger hotel. Gansevoort is a beautiful hotel but not sure if we'd stay there again for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos brings a signature approach to luxury lifestyle that redefines the destination resort experience. Each of the 91 guestrooms offers sweeping ocean views positioned and designed to pay homage to the unspoiled island. The resort blends Caribbean cool with sophisticated style to create a sense of place for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gansevoort Turks + Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales