We usually stay at 5* resorts and last time stayed at the Amanyara. That was unbelievably good, but has got way too expensive - $1500 a night. The Mandarin Oriental in Dellis Cay will open sometime "soon" and should be a good bet.
Some points about our 5 days at Gansevoort TC:
* The hotel is pretty - in a modern uncluttered dark wood style
* The rooms are great - we had a 1 bed suite with a big terrace overlooking the ocean and a full kitchen.
* The beach is good - away from the other resorts and towards the end of major development, so quite quiet. I can't understand why the staff take reservations for the best stops around the pool and beach - surely it makes more sense to allow guests to use loungers for the time they need and free them up for others when they walk away. Perhaps it's a way to get tips, but it isn't good service
* The food is good - although the menus are repetitive.
* The service is quite a let down from other 5* resorts, eg beach staff made lots of excuses as to why the hobie cats coudn't be used (a different excuse every day), the "customer services manager" didn't understand how to take guest feedback, or how it could help improve the hotel, the room service staff got our orders wrong, etc.
* This hotel isn't inexpensive - even during low season!
We had a stay at Parrot Cay last time - their service was also poor, the rooms were nowhere near as good as Gansevoort's, but their beach was better and more private.
Would we go back? Probably not if we can get better rates for the Aman or the MO opens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos brings a signature approach to luxury lifestyle that redefines the destination resort experience. Each of the 91 guestrooms offers sweeping ocean views positioned and designed to pay homage to the unspoiled island. The resort blends Caribbean cool with sophisticated style to create a sense of place for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gansevoort Turks + Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales