I traveled with my husband and 2 children, ages 12 and 8. The Gansevoort is a beautiful, modern hotel. The rooms are spacious and exceptionally well appointed. There is plenty of storage to unpack everything which isn't always the case. We stayed in a 2 bedroom oceanfront suite which was superb. All the beds were very comfortable. Each room had a large, flat screen TV with chairs and sofas, which were also very comfortable and spacious.
The restaurant was delicious but the choices are limited so you really can't eat there too often. The breakfast buffet, which was included, was fresh and plentiful and included an omelet bar. The beach bar/restaurant was also tasty and had delicious drinks. Again, not much selection or variety throughout the week.
I have to say that, even though this was by far the most beautiful place I've ever stayed, the service is what really made this vacation so great for us. From the greeting at the buffet, through the service at the beach, the cleaning and maintenance people, all the wait-staff, I can't say enough about the people working at this resort. Javon (sp?) at the beach, especially, made everything perfect for us every day. Whatever they're paying her, it's not enough. She represents the hotel in the best possible light.
We are beginner snorkelers and saw many large sea critters right in front of the hotel. A short walk down the beach is a beautiful, small reef that is very appropriate for beginners and would probably keep real snorkelers happy for an afternoon. There's also a good Mexican restaurant there (Somewhere... - that's the name of the restaurant) where we ate a couple of times.
You need to take a cab to get anywhere but that also means the beach at the hotel is very uncongested. There is NEVER a problem getting nicely situated chairs on the beach with umbrellas, both of which Javon cheerfully sets up for you (usually before you even get there). And since the hotel was 80% full while we were there, I commend the management for providing sufficient facilities.
The hotel is expensive (no more so than other first rate hotels in T&Cs) but never once did I feel we were not getting value for our money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos brings a signature approach to luxury lifestyle that redefines the destination resort experience. Each of the 91 guestrooms offers sweeping ocean views positioned and designed to pay homage to the unspoiled island. The resort blends Caribbean cool with sophisticated style to create a sense of place for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Gansevoort Turks + Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gansevoort Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales