“Amazing experience”

Coral Gardens on Grace Bay
nyc
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We just got back from a week at Coral Gardens and had an absolutely wonderful experience. The people who work at the property (Flo, Jerome, Matthew and others), along with the staff at Somewhere Cafe, truly made our trip so special and memorable. They were helpful, friendly, accommodating and understand the meaning of hospitality. We are still talking about how wonderful they all are. Our condo was well equipped and perfect for traveling with our 11 month old son. The beach right on the property is spectacular and we snorkeled right on site. The food and drinks at Somewhere cafe are delicious and it is so convenient having it right on the property. I can not say enough good things about this place and we can't wait to return next year.

2 Thank jrosenyc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We just completed our second stay at Coral Gardens in a beautiful condo with a gorgeous view of the beach and water. This is the only property on the island that is directly in front of the reef where snorkeling is at its best. Every day we snorkeled and saw amazing fish, turtles, and coral. The staff at Coral Gardens is so helpful and friendly, and the the food at "Somewhere Bar" (not a part of Coral Garden, but attached) is delicious, and has a band nearly every night. There are larger and more updated properties nearby, but Coral Gardens is quiet, quaint, convenient, and the perfect place to enjoy paradise.

Room Tip: our favorite room is a two bedroom condo, #2212
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We rented a two bedroom, two bathroom condo right on the beach. It was spacious, clean, comfortable. There was excellent maid service every day. We dove 4 days with Caico Adventures (great diving place) and each day was fun and exciting. Matthew the manager was helpful with making reservations for activities and dinner. The restaurant on the property is actually really good and fun. There is a lot going on, but it doesn't feel crowded (we went over Christmas). I would though suggest you get a car - you will want one to get around the island, to restaurants and to the grocery store (if just for breakfast items etc). Also we took a one day boat/land private tour with Captain Leonard (Go with the Flo). to some of the other islands. My 19 year old and 15 year old loved it. We boated, snorkeled, had lunch, went to see the caves on Middle Caicos etc. It was very special and fun.

Room Tip: I would get one of the Condos that have two bedrooms. Don't get a one bedroom that is part of a...
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We went to Coral Gardens December 28-Jan. 4th. and had a great time. The grounds at Coral Garden are beautiful, I love the way it is set up and the small size is also nice. Also, the coral reef out front was great, lots of fish and other ocean life. We even saw a reef shark one day! The staff is so friendly and helpful. I honestly think my kids would not have scuba dived for the first time if we had not stayed here-Matthew was awesome. He worked with the kids in the pool and then took them right out in front of the resort to scuba around the beautiful coral reef. My kids loved it! (ages 20, 18 and 16). Having Somewhere Cafe and Bar right there was a definite bonus to this property. The restaurant is great and I can't say enough wonderful things about the staff there, also. Sooooo nice!! It was great having awesome food and beverages so close. We could order food/drinks and carry them onto the beach. And I think we ordered the warm Brownie and ice cream to go every night, no matter where we ate! And, again, the staff at Somewhere was the nicest we have ever been around. The food was great-fish tacos, pulled pork, yummy!
The office staff was helpful with making reservations and directions. And we really loved having the daily maid service. It was very nice having the room cleaned every day. And they really did a great job! We also loved Jerome on the beach. He was great. He had chairs and umbrellas for us each day we went down there. He also set up a parasailing trip for my daughter and I. He was awesome!
My main issue with this was the room. We were in the back of the property in a 2 bedroom condo with a partial ocean view. Right next door to the abandoned resort. We did have a partial ocean view but within a stones throw was the abandoned resort, it was quite ugly and did take away from the overall view. The room itself was okay, it needs some tlc. Since there were six of us, we needed the pull out sofa. The mattress didn't quite fit and fell through the frame. And the curtains were very sheer in the "family room". There were heavy curtains in the bedrooms so the early morning sunrise didn't wake up the ones in the bedroom. Not so in the family room, very bright very early in the morning. We did love the sliding glass doors but sadly, the majority of the view from inside the condo was the abandoned building next door. This is not so with other rooms in the resort-only the west side. I would stay here again but not in the same condo. We booked late so we were not able to get a full ocean view but I would definitely go that route next time. You can rent snorkel gear on site for $20 a day. We wish there would have been some other water sports to rent like a paddleboards, kayak, wind surf stuff or small sailboats like the surrounding resorts. There were plenty of rafts, noodles and blow up intertubes for everyone to enjoy so that was nice and the beach is gorgeous. Seriously, the prettiest place I have ever seen.
Overall, we had a great time at Coral Garden and would definitely stay here again-with a full ocean view!

Room Tip: Stay away from the abandoned resort side on the west side. Ask for a full ocean view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Codycat11
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We just returned from Coral Gardens on Grace Bay over Christmas holiday week. The location is great, especially if you like to snorkel (also makes it a tad more crowded because people come to this part of the beach for the reef which is directly in front of the hotel). We had 6 people and stayed in a first floor grand suite. The condo was very spacious and we particularly loved the glass door wall that opened to a large and very nice patio. We were just steps from the beach. Decor was light and airy. Somewhere Cafe is right there and they play music at night so we could eat on our own patio and hear it like we were in the restaurant. Could be a problem if you go to bed really early. For the first several days housekeeping didn't come until close to 4pm which we didn't like. There are details in the condo that need updating but I believe they price it right compared to other properties for what you get. Other properties have larger beach fronts but thanks to our new friend, and greatest asset to this property, Jerome, he made our days at the beach wonderful. He is sweet as can be and very personable and helps you get beach chairs, etc. Jerome- they are lucky to have you! Matthew was very helpful in booking the property and giving tips and advice for our stay. I didn't like having to go to the office to get beach towels every day and most hotels are too stingy with bath and swim towels--this was no different. But we did get more when I asked but I didn't want to ask every day. They put plastic on the mattress which you hear and feel when sleeping. However, if it made things more sanitary, we could live with it. Loved having plastic covers on outdoor patio cushions that can be wiped clean. For our big family and the location, we are 100% satisfied with our choice to stay at Coral Gardens. Turks & Caicos is amazing!! We will definitely be visiting the islands again!

Room Tip: Worth sacrificing a little view to be on ground floor just steps from the beach.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan O
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We are experienced travellers and this property is perfect for those that like convenience, quiet, space, and value. We stayed in a one bedroom villa next to the remnants of a hotel that was never completed. If you look left it is un attractive but you really don't pay much attention to it. Being on the ground floor of our one bedroom unit we really like the ability to come and go from our terrace to the pool, , the beach and the on site restaurant somewhere. Neither of these places are overly crowded nor do they overwhelm you with too much attention. the kitchenis modern, the bed is vey comfortable and there is a pul out sofa if you have guests. Being able to walk to everything is also a highpoint of the resort. It is at the far west end of grace bay on your way to turtle cove. This is advantage since you have a decent distance from the large resorts such as beaches that leave the area quiet and beautiful. We will definitely return. One thing to keep in mind is to make sure you understand what amnities are included it differs by the way you book the hotel.

Room Tip: Since we made private accommodations the advertised spa and fitness center were not available as man...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph L
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 21 December 2013

In the last year and a half I have traveled to three Caribbean locations (Belize,Cayman Islands and TCI). People,it is not touched up in the photos,that is what the water and sand really look like. I stayed in an upper floor 1 bedroom suite,you could literally sit on the the balcony so all day and never need to move. What a view. The price was right ,the travel was easy. The staff at Coral Gardens truly take pride in their jobs and location and it shows in all they do. The room had all I needed and more(single traveler). Flat screen tv's ( trust me only on late at night), full kitchen. Rental snorkeling gear right there on the property along with all the adventures you need,this time around all I need to do was wake up and walk to the beach to snorkel and people watch. The team at the beach took care of you there and kept an eye on my stuff on the beach(though not required). Shout out to Caroline,Raul and Matthew who hooked me up with all my needs, it is very obvious they take great pride in being the best on Grace Bay. Will I return? Sooner than later,maybe August. What would I change? I will probably rent a car next time to see a bit more of the island and maybe I will do one of the adventures(trust me they would have taken care of all that if I asked). What should you bring? A smile, you will be leaving with one. Thanks Coral Gardens team ,see ya ASAP.

Room Tip: All the rooms seems good, there is ,of course a better water view from higher up(thanks Caroline,Mat...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo