“Great "rooms" but does not make up for horrible service.”
Review of Grace Bay Club

Grace Bay Club
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 16 July 2011

The "rooms" are really full apartments. Very nice and all the amenities - washer / dryer, kitchen, etc. All high end and comfortable. Grocery store is a walk / bike away at fair prices (higher than US but not off the charts).
Beach is nice, but water can be a little rough.

That's the good stuff now to the reality. The service was not good. Not near the level for the price - although on the "Estate side" I heard the service was great.

I emailed back and forth before our stay for spa, restaurant, and babysitting reservations and received confirmations on all - yet when we arrived only the babysitter was correct.

We had a baby with us so we had to stay at the family pool and beach. Very little shade at either location and the cabanas are in major need of repair. At the end of the day when everyone heads to the pool, there is no staff to be found and the place was a mess (food and trash just laying out). On a good note, there was no "saving" chairs at the beach or pool.

Everyone talks about the concierge phone - we are not a fan. I did not want to have to carry a cell phone on vacation. The hotel uses as an excuse as no staff will help you, they just say call your concierge (who we only saw / heard from at checkin).

My wife went to her spa appointment on our last afternoon only to find out the confirmation we received via email and concierge was wrong and no appointment was available - no apologies either.

On our way out one of the staff said that the hotel is in need of repair in many areas but the management decided to do nothing until September when they plan a major upgrade - hopefully that includes the staff.

On the taxi to the airport my thoughts were confirmed my the fellow travelers as well. All thought the service was crap and were more vocal then I was.

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank RTW_Aggie
GMGraceBayClub, General Manager at Grace Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to relay your disappointment with your recent visit to
Grace Bay Club. Every guest’s experience is important to us as we strive for the finest
in service and facilities. Unfortunately, during your stay, we apparently fell short of our
goals and your expectations.

I am sorry that you did not see the advantage of our personal concierge service. If you
are not happy with carrying a cellular phone during your vacation I can see how this
service would not be beneficial to you. The concept of our Concierge program is for
our guests to have access to their Concierge at anytime for any need they may have
during their vacation. The majority of our guests love having access to their personal
concierge via cell phone anywhere at any time. We never use the Concierge program as
an excuse not to assist our guests as the program is for the sole purpose of meeting all
of our guests needs.

Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate managers and staff for review
and action. Our service goals are to anticipate guest needs and to be responsive to
those needs on a timely basis.

We value you as a guest and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Thoughtful feedback is a gift and we thank you for your input. We do hope that you will
return to Grace Bay Club at some time in the future.

Warm regards,

Thierry Grandsire

Write a ReviewReviews (1,774)

Reviewed 15 July 2011

The #1 Caribbean spot EVER! We were married at Grace Bay club and we have been there 5 times! It is hands down the most amazing place to be! We travel about once a month and still consider GBC to be the place to go! We brought our 1 year old and being that I am pregnant with Twins our 2 personal "Concierge/Butlers" made sure that our every wish was met with a smile and a "No problem" The food is amazing, the beach is one of a kind, the water is so still you will not believe it till you see it! Everyone at the hotel is there to please! Thierry the GM is so on the ball and will personally meet you at some point during your trip and his #1 goal is to make sure you cant wait to come back! I do hope you all have the opportunity to enjoy the GBC as our entire family has!

Great Travels to all

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms!!!! tell them what you want and they will accomodate you the BEST they can!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My husband and I spent 7 days here. It was an absolute paradise. Our two personal concierge (Godfrey and Kenny) couldn't have done more to make our stay any better. They were always available and more than willing to help. The beach was gorgeous and quiet. The bar and restaurants were delicious and the views were spectacular. The added perk of being able to call anywhere in the world free made the trip that much more enjoyable. If you are looking to be treated like royalty look no further, Grace Bay Club is the place to go.

Room Tip: Our room had a view of the ocean and was very quiet. Outstanding!
1  Thank jillg23
Reviewed 9 July 2011

My husband and I spent 8 days in this wonderful resort. Everything positive about the hotel we had read in the reviews herein posted could be confirmed. Personnel in general was very friendly and kind. We would like to praise especially Christopher and Louis at the adults only pool. They were always helpful and very kind. Our experience with the personal concierge, however, was not exceptional. When we got there we were welcome by one concierge. Later he introduced us to somebody else who was supposed to be part of our concierge team. However during our stay he did not even recognize us when we met him by chance on the property. And the few times we needed their help (only to make restaurant reservations) a third guy would answer the phone (Later we were told that he was being trained - they could have informed us about it beforehand , right?) Also praiseworthy were the waitresses at the Lounge area and the Infinity Bar!!!! Cons of the hotel: too many flies at the restaurants...having lunch there was a disgusting and tiring experience...we had to fight the flies all the time. Also unfortunately the hotel has no "Plan B" for when it rains. We understand that rain is uncommon in the area, but it does happen and when it happens the only alternative is to sit in your own room balcony. On our last day there it rained practically the whole day. The external areas got very wet, the hotel did not remove any of the cushions from the restaurant, the Lounge or the pool. So we could not sit anywhere when there were some clearings in the sky! So in general our experience was very good and we would recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 8 July 2011

The room was over the top amazing. First my boyfriend and I had booked a junior suite, but when we arrived we were upgraded to a Luxury 2 bedroom suite. it was a duplex with two master bedrooms, and bathrooms, terraces on both floors, with an awesome view of the gardens and ocean. The room was beautifully decorated, very clean and luxurious. To further add to our dream, every guest is given a cell pone which connects you to your assigned concierge. Every employee at this resort is very friendly and always helpful. We were treated like royalty. I have special dietary restrictions and the resort restaurants and chef were more then willing to cook special meals for me. As for the grounds and the beaches, gorgeous. I booked the adult section of the resort and the beach for the first time in my life, was really peaceful and relaxing. Oh, you're given a red flag, to stand up, in case you're too relaxed to get up and get food and drinks, you will be served directly on your beach chair, which happens to have the best cushions. The location of the resort is so convenient, I walked to many of the shops. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to go to the spa. I will definitely return to The Grace Bay club. And I thank you for the most luxurious and relaxing vacation, ever. I look forward to seeing you all again. This resort is above expectations . If you are a couple looking for relaxation book the adult section.

Room Tip: I loved the two bedroom suite, but I spoke to other guest who were in junior suites and they were ve...
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at Grace Bay Club in April to celebrate our anniversary. Having been in the travel industry for nearly 25 years, I knew many destinations and have stayed in many high end resorts. Grace Bay Club is on the top of my list! This is a fabulous, romantic, gorgeous setting, on the most beautiful beach you can find in the Caribbean. The staff was more than helpful. We had a private concierge and you are given a cell phone throughout your stay to call when you are in need of assistance. There is a totally "No disappointment" destination. Love it, Love it, Love it! Do not hesitate to go!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Stayed in a 1 bedroom suite in the hotel. Excellent room, great pool, steps to a fab beach.
The room was excellent, well furnished and housekeeping did a great job (twice a day service). We had some mosquitoes in the room, which were quickly fumigated away, after we mentioned.
Spent most of our time on the beach or by the adult pool and the service was excellent, staff always ready to set up chairs for you (no mad scramble for chairs), get drinks, bring water etc.etc.
Meals : Breakfast was included and was very good, the bar food, was decent. Dinner at the formal restaurant (Anocanoa, spl?) was excellent. The bar and lounge is a great place to unwind, with live music, comfortable intimate seating and fab view.

Only suggestion: the bar can make better mojitos!

Have to give this a solid A+ experience, on par with most luxury hotels. A big shout out to the staff( christoper, louis, tom at the pool and the beach, Kenny and Godfrey, Prasad, Mario and team).

Room Tip: adult section is great, no kids, never heard any and saw very few.
1  Thank talboston