The "rooms" are really full apartments. Very nice and all the amenities - washer / dryer, kitchen, etc. All high end and comfortable. Grocery store is a walk / bike away at fair prices (higher than US but not off the charts).
Beach is nice, but water can be a little rough.
That's the good stuff now to the reality. The service was not good. Not near the level for the price - although on the "Estate side" I heard the service was great.
I emailed back and forth before our stay for spa, restaurant, and babysitting reservations and received confirmations on all - yet when we arrived only the babysitter was correct.
We had a baby with us so we had to stay at the family pool and beach. Very little shade at either location and the cabanas are in major need of repair. At the end of the day when everyone heads to the pool, there is no staff to be found and the place was a mess (food and trash just laying out). On a good note, there was no "saving" chairs at the beach or pool.
Everyone talks about the concierge phone - we are not a fan. I did not want to have to carry a cell phone on vacation. The hotel uses as an excuse as no staff will help you, they just say call your concierge (who we only saw / heard from at checkin).
My wife went to her spa appointment on our last afternoon only to find out the confirmation we received via email and concierge was wrong and no appointment was available - no apologies either.
On our way out one of the staff said that the hotel is in need of repair in many areas but the management decided to do nothing until September when they plan a major upgrade - hopefully that includes the staff.
On the taxi to the airport my thoughts were confirmed my the fellow travelers as well. All thought the service was crap and were more vocal then I was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The world renowned Grace Bay Club, first luxury all-suite resort in Turks and Caicos, offers guests a haven for uninterrupted relaxation. The resort, with the largest beach front access - 1100 feet, features all ocean front suites. Divided into three separate sections that caters to discerning travelers of all tastes, it includes the adults-only Hotel area with private restaurant, bar, and swimming pool; family-friendly Villas with their own restaurant, bar, and pool; and the uber-luxe Estate, with a complete set of exclusive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grace Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grace Bay Club Hotel Providenciales
- Grace Bay Hotel
- Hotel Grace Bay
- Grace Bay Club Turks And Caicos/Providenciales