“Excellent hotel-highly recommend”

Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent hotel-highly recommend”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My family and I stayed at the Grace Bay Club last Christmas. I have not had a chance to write a review until now. My husband became ill while we were there and the hotel management made all of their services immediately available to us. They had a car and driver take us to the emergency room and the driver stayed with us the entire time so that we would not have to wait for someone to come back and pick us up. The next day we had to return to the hospital and again they had a driver available to takes us and wait for us. The staff is so hospitable and courteous. The food was wonderful and our two bedroom suite was spacious and very comfortable. So glad we picked this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank mollymaguire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Greenwood, SC
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I'm actually writing this review from Grace Bay. I thought I would go ahead and start it while everything is fresh in my mind. We went the week of Jan. 7-14, 2012. It was my husband, daughter (11), and I. Just to give you a point of reference, our idea of luxury would be a Four Seasons hotel. Grace Bay was just as good if not better. The only thing I could think of that FS had over GB was they didn’t spray you with Evian by the pool or beach.

RENTAL CAR: After reading on TA that they no longer provided a free shuttle at the hotel to where ever you needed to go, we decided to rent a car. The car was $350 for the week which wasn't too bad considering we were going to pay the hotel $220 for airport transfers. The rental cars are not what you would expect in the US, but it got us every where we needed to go. Let's just say they have a lot more "character". I’m glad we rented the car. Driving on the left is not that hard. It made it easy to stock up at the grocery store and there are a lot of great restaurants around to try and the car made it much more convenient. GB did not charge us for parking the car.

UPGRADES: Our travel agent was affiliated with Virtuoso and had gotten us a guaranteed confirmed upgrade from a one bedroom in the hotel to a one bedroom in the Villas. When we arrived, they automatically upgraded us (again) to a two bedroom in the villas. I think this may be their policy whenever there is availability which makes people VERY happy. We loved our rooms! It was enormous, beautiful, and luxurious. We loved our location which was on the ground floor right by the pool. We would walk out of our back door and be just steps from the pool and ocean. This was extremely convenient. They had quadruple sliding glass doors with screens which was great if you wanted to open up the room.

PERSONAL CONCIERGE: GBR is pricey, but you just can't beat having your own personal concierge. Vernon and Willah were very attentive without being bothersome or intrusive. They were also quite handsome which was very nice. They helped set up all of our dinner reservations, activities, and even had a lady come to the room to braid my daughters hair. I wish I could take them home with me.

ACTIVITIES:
One day we took an excursion with Island Vibe. Tino and Spike were great tour guides. We went snorkeling (reef was awesome), conch diving, and then to the iguana island. As soon as we got out to sea, five dolphins came up right beside the boat and hung out for awhile. We also saw a large manta ray at one point. If you have a tendency to get sea sick (like I do) then I would suggest taking some Bonine or Dramamine before you go. If you want to snorkel without paying the price for the excursion, you can take a short drive to Coral Gardens. We borrowed snorkel equipment from GB. We parked on the street and there is a public walk to the beach. The reef is right off the beach.
In January, the water was quite cool, but even though I really don’t like cold water, I was still able to snorkel without any problem. The resort also has kayaks, hobie cats, and paddle boarding. We paddle boarded early before it got too windy and it was such fun! I have never sailed before, but after some instruction from the beach attendant, we were on our way and that was awesome. He said I was a natural sailor! LOL
My daughter and I parasailed for the first time. The boat picks you up right in front of the hotel. This was a great experience. You can see the whole island and the reef.
There are bikes provided if you want to bike, there is a small but good fitness center, and a spa. I had a massage while I was there. If you like to walk or run, head left out of the hotel. There are sidewalks on both sides of the road and it is flat. Great place to walk or run.

FOOD: Monday night they have a manager's reception which was very nice. Free drinks and really nice appetizers. The breakfast (included) every morning was really yummy. We would have a late big breakfast, have the snacks that they put out for tea in the afternoon (3-5) then go out for dinner. The snacks were finger sandwiches, scones, cookies, and cakes. They also come around the pool sometimes with sorbet or fruit on a stick. They supply you with all the bottled water you need on the beach, by the pool, and in your room so you don't need to worry about that.
Our first night we had the seafood buffet at the GB restaurant, Grill Rouge. It was OK. We ate at Parallel 23 at the Regent Palms resort. The atmosphere was very pretty and the food was good. We ate at Hemingway’s. It was casual. The service was slow and the food mediocre. Then we ate at Cocoa Bistro. Food was fantastic and the atmosphere is beautiful.

Misc:
• Washer/dryer in the room and they can give you 4 packs of Tide each day.
• Plenty of dishwasher and dishwashing detergent is provided.
• Lots of bottled water at the beach, pool, and room is complementary.
• Elemis products provided in the bathroom (shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion).
• Shower cap, cotton balls, q-tips, really nice robes, in room safe also provided.
• Kitchen is well appointed if you want to cook. Even has a wine fridge!
• DVD player, stereo plays CDs but I couldn’t find a place to plug in an iPod.
• Free phone calls back to USA.

There is a grocery store very close and it is really nice. Like a small Fresh Market. We picked up some snacks, and booze there which was much more economical. I made pina colada's in the room instead of paying $17 for one at the bar. I also packed a collapsible cooler which came in handy at the beach. There is excellent service at the beach for food and beverages, but we saved a lot of money by packing cokes and beer in our cooler.

All in all we had an absolutely wonderful stay at Grace Bay. We can’t wait to go back!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room (D101). You could still see the ocean and it was so convenient to the po...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank LaineO
Bermuda
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I would and do encourage anyone visiting the island to select this property. Service was excellent and the staff more than accommodating. Can't wait to go again!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bermy77
Angola, New York
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Chis Pratt made this vacation for us! We always had a great place on the beach, lunch & drinks when we wanted them! The entire staff defines the difference between exceptional service and luxury serice! You are turely at a 5 star resort. Spending new years at the Anacaona was the best way we have spent ringing in the new years!

While you are here you must try the restaurant "parallel 23", as if you walked in to an old french estate! This was also one of our all time favorite romantic meals! You would need to be in Paris to find a meal this good! By comparison makes St Barts look like Tampa Florida I would suggest staying away from Baci. It was the only place we truely didn't like!!!!!!

We have spent time in the Dominican, BVI, St Barts, Bermuda, Aruba, Jamaica, P.R., Antigua, etc.......... and will be back to Grace Bay Club, Providenciales again this next year!

Room Tip: small resort (max 400 persons capacity) so only really have ocean front rooms, not an economical vac...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank john l
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Grace Bay Club is the best! They are there for your every need (shout out to Willah and Vernon for taking such good care of us!)
They understand adults....and kids....and are right there to make sure everyone is happy.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Anonymous33793
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Imagine you have had the best ever massage. You entered with your mind racing and your body tense. You leave with a sense of calm, a smile on your face, your body like jello. That's how you feel after spending time at Grace Bay Club in Provodenciales.
You begin to unwind as soon as you arrive at the hotel. Rather than checking in at a counter, you are seated on a couch and greeted with a warm, scented cloth and a fruity drink. Your shoulders come down and the anxieties of traveling melt away.
My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by being upgraded to a 1 br suite in the adults only section, a plus since we went during a peak season (in April) and because this was our first time on vacation alone since our then 9 year old was born.
The suite itself was spacious- a 1 BR apartment basically, with a new kitchen appointed with marble counter tops and stainless steel appliances, a living room w linen furniture, a laundry closet, a powder room, 4 poster bed in the BR and a huge BA, plus a dining area and large patio, overlooking Grace Bay. (There was a peek a boo view of the ocean from our BR, as well.) A very generous fruit plate with a note welcoming us was awaiting us, too. (A sumptuous breakfast, included in the room rate, adds value to this accommodation.)
While the rooms are both comfortable and beautiful, it is really the setting- the glorious beach, the adults only lap pool that seems to spill into the crystal clear green and blue ocean, and the luxurious grounds- as well as the air of quiet, understated luxury- that envelops you and makes all of your cares melt away and time float!
I would recommend this hotel to any couple - newly married or just harried!- who are looking to unwind, (re)connect, and really get away from it all!

• Stayed April 2011
4 Thank LuxeTravelLisa
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 January 2012

anything better!!
Our vacation stay was absolutely wonderful and healing!!

From the careful personalized service, the attention to comfort and general politeness of the entire staff, there's an aura of calm in this paradise-like oasis. It comes from great management who inspire a fantastic staff. In an age when rudeness abounds in the 'real world', the Grace Bay Club is a haven of positive energy. There's a truly fantastic pool right next to the crystal ocean lapping a few yards away. Lunch is a pleasure and dinner under the stars is heavenly.

It is luxury and we loved it and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: the property has an adult zone hotel which is quiet and great for those who left their kids behind.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MVeeC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Providenciales
Seven Stars Resort & Spa
The Regent Grand
#8 of 45 in Providenciales
Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos

Been to Grace Bay Club? Share your experiences!