My wife and I enjoy staying at the “Leading Hotels of the World” of which The Grace Bay Club (“GBC”) is a member. We stayed at the GBC during our Turks & Cacao (“TCI”) vacation from May 22nd 2012 to June 1st 2012. We read some of the negative comments regarding the GBC and frankly, we don’t get it. Our experience was wonderful.
The physical accommodation was top tier and the staff couldn’t have been more helpful. I don’t know what else one could want? We had a very large one bedroom which was clean and modern, the breakfast was wonderful and the staff was very responsive. And the beach was wide, immaculate, white sand, pristine water and beautiful. Perhaps the nicest we have ever seen.
Yes, we were walloped with the stomach bug but we don’t consider that GBC’s fault. We understood from speaking to guests and staff at other TCI resorts that they were also hit with the stomach bug. Many of the resorts also had Purell and disinfectants scattered throughout their establishments. GBC was not an isolated instance. GBC was just the most transparent and down to business in dealing with the malady. We applaud Thierry, the general manager, for the professional way that he responded and led his staff.
The GBC was very proactive in cleaning the hotel, catering to our needs and assisting us in every way possible. Our concierges were Kenny and Godfrey and they were so responsive both before, during and after our illness. They even responded to our needs after hours!! . Our breakfast assistant, Shirleen accommodated our every breakfast wish and we loved the chocolate croissants and full American breakfast. Chris, our attendant at the beach, always had our lounge chairs, ice-bucket full of bottled water and umbrella waiting for us.
We had a great vacation despite the stomach bug and will definitely go back to the Grace Bay Club.
Gary & Roz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The world renowned Grace Bay Club, first luxury all-suite resort in Turks and Caicos, offers guests a haven for uninterrupted relaxation. The resort, with the largest beach front access - 1100 feet, features all ocean front suites. Divided into three separate sections that caters to discerning travelers of all tastes, it includes the adults-only Hotel area with private restaurant, bar, and swimming pool; family-friendly Villas with their own restaurant, bar, and pool; and the uber-luxe Estate, with a complete set of exclusive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grace Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grace Bay Club Hotel Providenciales
- Grace Bay Hotel
- Hotel Grace Bay
- Grace Bay Club Turks And Caicos/Providenciales