“Primo”

Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Dallas, Texas
“Primo”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

10-26-30, My husband and I went for our 13th anniversary. It was Primo. We arrived at night into a smallish reception area, very low key. But then, you are treated with not only your eyes but with all other senses! Yes, we loved it. You could tell when you arrive they want you to return. They make very few mistakes as well. We were also upgraded to a 2000 sq ft villa, 2 bdrm, 2 1/2 bath, washer dryer, full kitchen with granite and stainless steel appliances.....and the large balcony! With 2 full loungers with cushions and a table for 4. It was over the top, no doubt for 2, but so Nice. Clean, well groomed landscaping and the beach is groomed every other morning at 6 am. Again, nice. I really liked the elemis amenity products in the villa. We were given a bottle of French champagne and a plate of fresh fruit and plenty of water was stocked daily. We were given a cell phone directly to contact our concierge person, which can be a nice touch. My husband and I Travel quite a bit and never used it. (The last thing he wanted to do was carry a phone). But it was nice to know we had it, right? Breakfast every morning was superb! The Angel that made me egg white omelettes daily was so sweet and had a lovely personality, so cheerful and we went early. I liked the original chocolate croissants like France and the smoothies with straws prepared. Meals were great, throughout. We ordered room service one night. Don't do it. It was chilly but still tastey. Friendly but a miss. The cabana beds were awesome at the beach. We liked Chris to assist us with set up and bevys. He payed close attention to our needs had a good personality and smile. We snorkeled and just relaxed! We will return. Our villa was E301.

Room Tip: It was low season so it was pretty quiet and we were even closest to the kid pool. So if I returned...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
Mission, Texas
Reviewed 3 November 2013

So we vacationed here back in July and I'm now just coming around to writing a review. The only negatives I have with the experience are that our two personal concierges weren't too helpful. For example, they didn't get back to us after we told them we were interested in Provo-pony rides. We not only mentioned it once but three times and while they did mention the company was probably going to be booked they notified us that their was another company who also do rides on the beach but they never got back to us with those details. I got tired of waiting so my husband went ahead and called provo ponies himself and they only had availability for Friday and we were put on the waiting list for any cancellations. I clearly know these concierges have other people to attend to but I didn't think that was a difficult task to do and just to simply let us know and if provo ponies is booked then fine try the other company! We would've called the other company ourselves but we didn't know the name. After that happened, I was so glad my husband and I had called the restaurants we wanted to go to before we left the states because who knows if they would've followed through with making those reservations. Also, while my husband and I were on the beach (the day of our anniversary) the server on the beach was serving sorbet to everyone but totally ignored us and didn't even give us one. He definitely saw us because he gave a pair of couples next to us some. That really hurt/upset me especially since I had read other reviews about the so called "treats/snacks" they take to you out on the beach. When we mentioned this to Godfrey, he supposedly called someone and apparently they had ran out but were making some more and would bring it out...Did it ever come out?NOPE! It was clearly a front! It's a sorbet big deal it's just the principle of the matter you go to a nice expensive resort to relax and only to find out guests are treated differently! Also, another negative was unfortunately we had to leave a day earlier due to myself getting sick and my husband wanting to get home ASAP so we could make an appointment with our family doctor..As we were walking out waiting for our taxi to the airport instead of our concierge Kenny asking how I was feeling he gives us a tripadvisor card so we could write a review. I felt bad I thought it was insensitive when I clearly wasn't feeling well! My husband and I thought it was going to be like a complimentary night if we ever returned or something of that sort since we had to cut our trip short. Also, like many reviewers we were charged like $50 to our bill which I'm guessing was rose petals/cake but it's funny when I asked other couples on the beach they weren't billed! You would think they would remove that from our bill especially because we were leaving early! I'm not one to complain or make a big deal of things especially because I don't like confrontation or for people to get in any sort of trouble but I'm just stating the facts and that was the only drawback of the trip which is why I had to take two stars away. They did great on our anniversary night and my birthday and for that we are very grateful for. They were sweet and provided a cake (which we were charged for) and we didn't want it to go to waste so we went down and offered the majority to the staff. It was funny though because earlier in the day we had called front office staff to have someone send over waters because we had ran out and the whole day passed with no waters yet after going and taking cake down to the staff they immediately called within 5 minutes to ask if we got out waters. It's funny how staff is so quick to change at their convenience. Two staff members I will definitely remember are Jarred (which I agree with another reviewer- he needs a promotion!!) He was always so kind and pleasant and you can definitely tell the happiness and kindness he exudes is real and honest. Juni from the breakfast buffet was very sweet too. Franklin who was not our concierge made it a point to speak to us out on the beach and he was great which I wished had been our concierge since I had read so many nice things about him. Overall, the beach is beautiful and we plan on returning to Turks and Caicos but maybe we'll try a new hotel like the Gansevoort since I agree with other reviewers service is inconsistent or ask to get another concierge and hopefully next time we won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
GMGraceBayClub, General Manager at Grace Bay Club, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the incident regarding the sorbet. There is no excuse for this and I have called upon our pool and beach managers to take the corrective actions necessary.

In regards to the birthday cake, I would like to note that after looking into your folio you were not charged for this cake like any other guest celebrating a birthday with us. The $50 charge relates to a pre-arrival request on behalf of your husband who had called to arrange a rose petal turn-down with a value of $50.

As for the horse-back riding, it was indeed unfortunate that both the hose-back riding excursion companies were fully booked during your stay. We know your husband also called both companies in attempt to book and excursion directly and was unsuccessful. We are very sorry that we were not able to arrange this excursion for you. As you know we do not have any control of their availability.

We feel terrible that you fell sick prior to your departure and wish you a speedy recovery in hopes that you are already feeling better. Your reservation was made through a promotion where every third night was complimentary. The night of the 24th would have been your second free night with us but unfortunately this was the day you departed and we cannot reimburse you for something that was already complimentary.

Thoughtful feedback is a gift and we thank you for your input. We do hope that you will return to Grace Bay Club at some time in the future.

Warm regards,

dix hills, new york
Reviewed 2 November 2013

we just got back from a 4 night stay at Grace Bay Club. The weather was really excellent, warm and tropical. Being from Dix Hills, NY, where it is cooling down fast, it was nice to get that summer heat back.

This was our second stay at this property. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa, room E101, and it was super spacious, and very luxe.

Housekeeping service was excellent. And service at the beach was just average, a little too laid back. Service at the Estates pool, which is the adults only pool was also excellent.

The hotel was not very crowded, as it is off season. But at the buffet breakfast, they did a mediocre job handling the breakfast crowd, with excessive wait times for simple orders like 2 eggs over easy could take 30 minutes, which is unacceptable, and I can't imagine what the chaos is like at the breakfast buffet in busier times.

All in all, food at the hotel is not great, and there are many, many better dining options in Providenciales, so I suggest going outside the property to independently owned quality restaurants nearby such as Coco Bistro, Bouchon, etc for great meals with far better overall dining experiences.

You cannot however get a better quality room or beach than the Grace Bay Club offers, so we will eventually be back for more.

Stay away from this island in May, it is their rainy season and you will be disappointed if it rains 24/7.

Room Tip: can't imagine there is a bad room.
1 Thank ssdmw
GMGraceBayClub, General Manager at Grace Bay Club, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Grace Bay Club on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and I thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, we are so glad that you enjoyed your most recent visit with us.

Never the less I apologize for the wait you experienced at breakfast and I agree that it is indeed unacceptable. Regarding your general dissatisfaction with the food at Grace Bay Club we sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your dinner at the Grill Rouge. We tend to have very positive remarks regarding our high standard food and beverage and comments such as yours are not very common. You are correct in that there are some wonderful dining options on island and we consider ourselves blessed that most are in close proximity to our resort.

In regards to the month of May in the Turks & Caicos Islands, it happens to be our second driest month of the year [with less that an average of l.2 inches of precipitation for the entire month]. Your past history of stays does not indicate that you have stayed with us during the month of May; however you may know that it does not rain very much in the Turks & Caicos Islands where we are known for our relatively dry and sunny marine tropical climate.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward to your return to Grace Bay Club.

Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Just returned from a truly magical week at The Grace Bay Club. Every single photo we took looks like it could be a postcard - so so SO beautiful - The ocean and beach were perfection. Our suite was Huge - very clean and loved the A/C, two balconies, and washer/dryer. It was also so great that bottled water was complimentary and always stocked up in our mini fridge. They also offered cutter bug spray in the rooms so you could spritz it on before dinner to avoid mesquito bites in the evening. Complimentary breakfasts were great too - lots of fresh fruit and a great build-your-own-omelette option. They also served Harney & Sons hot tea - very nice quality. The staff was very warm and inviting - after Mark set us up on the beach the first day in a private cabana - he remembered our set up and made sure that each day when we came down - it was ready for us - stocked with a bucket of ice waters and fresh towels - GREAT service! We also utilized the Anani Spa - they had an amazing Exotic Coconut Rub and Milk Ritual Wrap which was super exfoliating and soothing - totally rehydrating after a week in the sun! We enjoyed DELICIOUS local spiny lobster at the hotel's restaurant - we actually went back two nights in a row so that we could have it again. They also made this super tasty lobster and scallop sausage served over leek fondue that was to-die-for! I can't recommend this place enough!! Loved every minute of our trip!

Room Tip: We loved staying the main hotel - building A!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Wonderful beach and pools,beautiful spacious rooms with balcony in the Villas. Service by hotel staff was amazing (housekeeping,pool and beach attendants,pool bar and restaurants) Will definitely return in the future

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dix Hills, New York
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our 3rd trip to T&C and 2nd to GBC, all within the past little over a year. Let me start by saying we obviously enjoyed our first 2 visits or we wouldn't have come back a third time. You can read my previous review of GBC when we last visited in January 2013 - it was 5 stars all around and that trip was a perfect vacation.

This most recent trip, we stayed 4 nights the third week in October 2013. The biggest issue we had, and the main reason for only 3 stars this time, was the service. Which is quite ironic because if you speak to any employee there, the first thing they tell you about GBC and the biggest thing they sell you on is their service.

Now I don't know if it was because it was off-season and the hotel was maybe 50% occupied, but the service issues we had seemed endless and after a while my wife and I just laughed at each other and tried to make the best of it. Of course this is rather disappointing when you are paying $750-1,000 per night.

Just to name a few issues we encountered:
- first morning at breakfast we waited 45 minutes for our omlettes. They tried to explain to us that they take the breakfast egg requests in order and that was the reason for the wait, but if there were 45 people eating, it should have only taken 30-40 minutes. There were maybe 25 people eating and I'm sure not everyone ordered eggs and certainly not all at the same time as us.
- beach service - non existent 2 out of the 4 days. I literally walked around for 15 minutes (and this is not a huge property at all) one afternoon looking for anyone who could help us with a drink and food order for lunch. A shout out to Mark who was taking care of us 1 day at the beach and did an amazing job of seeing that everything and anything we wanted was taken care of. The service that day was a 10 out of 10. I'm not really sure what happened the other days.
- room service - we had dinner reservations the same time every night, 8pm. But without fail, they would show up at 7-7:15 every night for turndown service, while we were obviously still in the room getting ready. You would think that housekeeping would be alerted to our dinner reservation time, seeing as the hotel made all our dinner reservations for us and obviously therefore had the information.
- water sports - 1 day whoever was in charge disappeared for literally 2 hours with no one backing him up. I waited a while to take out a sailboat and finally decided to just set up and launch the boat myself

Maybe to some, the above inconveniences are not a big deal, and really during the normal course of life, they are not, but to us, while on vacation they definitely bothered us.

Of course there were many things during this trip that were amazing as usual at Turks/GBC including the beautiful water, beach, and excellent restaurants throughout the island.

We will be back again one day I am sure, but I think after 3x within a year, time to take a break and visit some other Carribean islands in search of that next 5 star resort.

2 Thank rsjaj11088
GMGraceBayClub, General Manager at Grace Bay Club, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your disappointment with your recent visit to Grace Bay Club. Every guest’s experience is important to us as we strive for the finest in service and facilities. Unfortunately, during your stay, we apparently fell short of our goals and your expectations. For this I apologize.

I understand your level of disappointment from the points you mentioned in your correspondence. I express my profound regrets for these unfortunate incidents, they are indeed totally unacceptable and certainly not the Grace Bay Club standard. Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate managers for review and action.

We value repeat guests such as yourselves and would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again. I can assure you that what you experienced was the exception and not the rule as you can see from the many great Trip Advisor reviews and even your own past reviews. We always strive for the best; our goals are to anticipate guest needs and to be responsive to those needs on a timely basis.

Warm regards,

Los Angeles
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My wife and I just got back after 7 days in paradise! This property is a wonderful place to stay and sits on probably the best beach in the world....no kidding! The sand is soft and white and the water is the most beautiful blue/green color we have ever seen. We stayed in The Hotel part of Grace Bay Club and our room was incredible. We were in a 1 bedroom suite that overlooked the pool and ocean. The room was well-appointed and was very spacious. Extremely comfortable for 7 days. There was a mini kitchen with a stovetop, microwave, refrigerator, espresso machine, and even a washer/dryer. The bathroom was large with a sunken tub, separate shower, and his/her sink area. We enjoyed the amenities on site and watched the sunset every night from the Infinity Bar. On one of the night's, we had a special "on the beach" dinner that was outstanding. Very romantic and the food was amazing. I would highly recommend it.The staff on property are very genuine and well trained. Everyone was so pleasant and always looking to assist. Berg and Vernon were our Concierges and couldn't have been more attentive and helpful. Both gentlemen deserve special mention. From the Rum Punch at check in to the fond farewell from the General Manager Thierry Grandsire, this was the most amazing vacation I have ever had! If you are looking to create special memories, this is the place to stay.

1 Thank Kelly H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Providenciales
Seven Stars Resort & Spa
The Regent Grand
#7 of 44 in Providenciales
Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos

Been to Grace Bay Club? Share your experiences!