“Keeps getting better”

Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Boston, Massachusetts
“Keeps getting better”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This was our third visit in 12 months to the Grace Bay Club. I have to say it gets better each time we come back. This was the first time we took our two children ages 4 and 3 and it could not have been a better place for them. We stayed at the Estate section of the resort which is perfect place for kids. The pool is pretty quiet and has a lot of shallow areas for them to play in. The beach is absolutely beautiful in front of the resort with plenty of space between the ocean and the property which made it feel like we had our own private beach.
The property itself is as nice as any on the island but it is the service that puts it over the top. We have been to many resorts around the Caribbean and this by far has the best service. It all starts with our Concierge’s Franklin and Liz as the both made our stay stress free. They arranged all of our activities from restaurant reservations to snorkeling trips and scheduled transportation to these events that was always very efficient. They gave us helpful advice on what to do and not to do thereby we did not waste time on something that was not worthwhile.
A few highlights of the resort where the service was over the top for us were down at the pool and beach. From the second we arrived Jean and Emmanuel were ready to get us situated. We had a party of six and they always had us set up each morning. We can’t say enough about these two gentlemen as they really made our time outside at the pool and beach easy and enjoyable.
After a day at the beach a trip to the beach bar Jar was also a highlight. Garth is one of the more friendly guys you can meet and makes for a fun time for drinks late afternoon or pre dinner. This bar is right on the beach so you can sit there and with your feet in the sand and listen to music and have a nice drink while the sun goes down.
All in all Grace Bay resort does not disappoint as we have had 3 great trips there and are looking forward to going for our fourth very soon.

1 Thank Bob M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Last week was my first time in Turks and Caicos and I had the pleasure of attending the wedding of my best friend's daughter being held at the Grace Bay Club.

The property was beautiful and the beach was magnificent, but what was much more memorable for my wife and I was the staff. I travel extensively for business and pleasure and I'm a Marriott Platinum Member, who has grown accustomed to attentive service. I have never had any better than what we experienced at the Grace Bay Club.

From the time we arrived and met Hudson and Jerome, our personal concierges, you could tell this was going to be an experience like no other. They were two of the most hospitable and gracious people who genuinely bonded with us immediately, and their hospitality was evident every minute of every day. In addition we met Kenny and Willah, the concierge of our friends, who got to know us by name thru the many interesting conversations we had with them throughout the week. They became like good friends. What an amazing asset they all are to the resort.

There are so many others I can recognize, like Junie and Lyndon who are part of the wait staff, the young lady who is the hostess at the restaurant (sorry that I forget her name) and Shirleen the chef in the morning and Chris who worked the beach (I was told by Willah that he is also one of the best mechanics on the island). Truly wonderful people.

There is one person in particular that I want to compliment, and that is Calvin (works at the beach). I've never seen one person work harder, with more genuine passion to please than this young man. I looked forward each day to talking with him as his energy is contagious.

My wife and I hated to leave. Not because of the wonderful weather and beautiful beach, but because of the friend's we met that we had to say goodbye to.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 December 2013

One of the best beach resorts I've experienced. Located right on the seashore, with beautiful views from the hotel and villas. Guests are assigned personal concierges and are given their cell phones for contact at any time. Every employee was professional, friendly, and helpful. The concierges particularly went out of their way to help out with event schedules and activities. The rooms were clean, roomy, and comfortable. Most have beautifully scenic views of the beach. The management go out of their way providing extras, like stocking the fridge with a fruit plate and providing champagne, bottled water, and even "flip flops". The grounds offer great restaurants, bicycles for trekking to the nearby shops, scenic cafes, and a well equipped fitness center. A nice touch is the daily "tea" at The Grille Rouge" restaurant where one can not only enjoy complimentary tea and coffee, but sandwiches and desserts. All of the restaurants and cafes are situated outside, further enhancing the remarkable atmosphere of this gorgeous resort.

Room Tip: Hotel offers large, spacious, rooms with enclosed verandas facing the beach. Choose one above the fi...
New York, New York
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This is an excellent resort where we had a great vacation and we'll definitely go back again. We went with two kids (6 & 4) and the grandparents. We went to the Veranda the last two years but switched to their sister property, Grace Bay Club, after Veranda was taken over by Beaches. This has a lot of the strengths of the Veranda. The place is small and the staff is very friendly. It is also very kid friendly and our kids had a great time. The property is also beautiful and the beaches are amazing. The fact that we were upgraded was definitely a positive as well. The only slight negatives to note are issues that every resort in the Caribbean seems to have regardless of how high end. The first is food. Food here was quite expensive and fairly average. The second is the level of organization which is not that high. Fortunately, since this is a small resort, it's fairly easy to remedy things since everything is fairly close by. In terms of restaurants, we would recommend going to the Coyaba, which is right next door, so fairly easy to walk there with kids (although very expensive). But the complaints in the end are minor, and we are already planning on going back again next year.

1 Thank eastside2
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I never thought I was one to enjoy a beach vacation; by day two my boyfriend and I added an extra day to our stay at Grace Bay Club. Although I've no other place to compare it to, I cannot imagine wanting anything else in a resort vacation.

Pros:
Staff is extremely courteous and eager to help. You're assigned a "concierge" upon arrival and given a cell phone on which to reach him or her on or off the premises. S/he will make reservations, arrange for car service, make suggestions, etc. We could've made a lot of the arrangements ourselves but it was nice to have someone take over. Vernon and Hudson were very friendly and professional. Tracy at reception was also very knowledgeable.

There are a variety of pools, accommodations (some with and without kids) and restaurants. The food is very good but costly (everywhere, that is). Ask if you can bring your own wine and avoid the corkage fee if you're dining on site. Take advantage of all of the pools b/c they each offer something special (e.g. cabanas, infinity pool, bar in the pool).

There's live music at night so if you don't feel like exploring and just want to chill after a day in the sun and dinner, stay put and listen to music in a great outdoor lounge(s) under the stars and moonlight.

There's a car service/shuttle that will take you to and from the airport. It's not free but convenient. No need to call; this will be arranged for you. The airport is a few minutes away from the hotel. Tip: if you really dislike lines, we heard one can pay $150 to get to the head of the line at security on the way home.

We walked very far up and down the beach in both directions from the resort. Grace Bay--which happens to be the most fabulous beach I've ever visited--appears to have the most cleared beach front property. Some of the other resorts, albeit it beautiful, had more brush than sand.

The spa treatments are awesome. We experienced two great massages and excellent facials. They use great skincare lines; the features line is Elemis which also provides the amenities in the rooms. There were other anti-aging lines. Our (romance) package allowed for 20% off all treatments but there was also a spa cocktail hr one night at which we bought a massage package (buy 3, get 1 ) which was an even better deal.

Bikes available any time. They're a bit old and rusty but then again, you didn't have to worry about locking them up. I would've liked a bike more suitable for short people.

Location is accessible to airport, beach, great restaurants.

Wi-fi everywhere, free international calling.

Breakfast was awesome. We were entitled to one day of breakfast in bed but we never took advantage of it b/c we loved the outdoor dining, the selections, the staff, morning newsletter.

Excellent housekeeping 2x/day.

Minor cons:
Check your bills carefully. It's not that anyone's trying to scam you, but a few mistakes were made. This applied off the property as well. Everything was rectified quickly.

We stayed on the ground floor of the hotel thinking we'd walk out on to the beach, meaning sand. Instead, you walk out on to the grass and pathway to pools, beach, etc. It certainly was lovely just not what we expected. The two outdoor chairs were never used and the terry coverings seemed to have never been changed. We never saw anyone bothering to use those chairs. Next time we plan to ask for a higher floor to take advantage of the gorgeous view.

The rooms are very spacious but the decor was rather sparse. The couch was really stiff, the dining table small and could've used any extra two chairs, and a bench or couple of extra club chairs by the exit would be nice. It's not that you spend SO much time in your room, but it does make a difference.

Suggestions:
No matter where you stay.... there's great food on the island but dinner for two with wine ran us about $300. You DEFINITELY want to check out Coco Bistro (five minute walk from hotel and casino), more than once if possible. They take reservations a year in advance. Be sure to make them. There are other nice places, but you can also get very good quality food at local places like Mr. Grouper's. It's a dive, casual, tasty, friendly, great rum punch!

There'a great market in town where you can buy snacks and stuff for the room. The resort provides all the bottled water you want, but although there's a small kitchen, there's no mini-bar or snacks. I didn't think I'd care about this when someone made the suggestion but by day three we were happy to have this convenience so close to us (five minute bike ride).

Every Thursday there's a Fishfry. It's like going to a street fair. Local Restaurants are selling their food, there's live music, some crafts, you can go in a tank in shorts straight from the beach, it's that casual (avoid dressing up in high heels). It's from 6-9PM; go early so you can get your grub and a seat. It gets crowded. It's down the block from the Gansevoort if you want to go there for drinks after (in which case you want to dress up a bit more).

Most resorts have free cocktails on Monday eve so you can chat with the managers. It's a great way to meet other guests, too.

Check the schedule for the glow fish or glow worms (look it up). IT's a few days after the full moon and nighttime cruises are scheduled for this. The water and fish light up from the moon.

if you go on a sunset cruise, find out which is the better one and book it as soon as you get there. We had a lovely time on ours (forgot the company name) but it was cheap drinks and some chips, no explanation of where we were and on others for the same price you can get wine and cheese. Our shuttle home was also falling apart. You'll have a great time though and everyone starts chatting after the first ten minutes in.

Bring sunscreen and a hat!! The sun is very strong there.

Check out a snorkeling/boat ride to Iguana Island and dive for your own conch! (Don't worry, if you're like me, you won't catch one but you'll still be fed, learn how to clean the conch and get to take home the shell. Ask your concierge to wrap it up so you can put in suitcase (cannot take on carry on).

Overall, this was one of my favorite vacations and I've done quite a bit of traveling. I do observe everything having been in both the spa and hotel biz in the past and currently am in property management. So I get a little picky. That being said, I loved EVERY minute of visiting Grace Bay and the Grace Bay Resort. If you really want to escape from it all, this is a dream. The moment you step off the plane, you'll feel relaxed. There's no time difference from EST, it's a 3 hr direct flight from JFK, they use US currency, and we had near perfect weather six out of seven days there. There are quieter and more exclusive places if you want but this place really suited us.

Room Tip: See comments above re ground vs higher floors. If you're on a ground floor, ask for a key to the...
3 Thank Liz B
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My husband and I just got back from our babymoon at Grace Bay Club. What a beautiful place! I was torn between 4 and 5 stars, but the only reason I went with 4 stars is based on comparison to a handful of other places we have stayed around the world (and price comparison). The hotel is very pricey, including the food and spa treatments. However, it is just gorgeous. We stayed in the Adults Only hotel, which was quiet as promised. We were upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite on the first floor, and like everyone else, we were given a cell phone with direct personal concierge access. Our personal concierges, Vernon and Hudson, were always available and fixed our minor complaints immediately (bathroom wasn't completely clean upon arrival). They were great about providing recommendations for meals and organizing reservations and spa appointments (and even getting me bug spray).

Everyone at the hotel was incredibly warm and kind, always asking how we are doing in a genuine way. I didn't use it, but my husband greatly enjoyed the complimentary paddleboards/water equipment on the beach. That was a nice touch.

When we come back, we will absolutely stay here. Highly recommend, and wish I could give it 4.5 stars!

2 Thank ccnolan
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Grace Bay Club is a nice resort. Staff is very accommodating. However, I felt taken advantage somewhat. It was unknown to me that on every charge, they add an additional 10% to the price for gratuity. That does NOT include the tip expected for the server. So if you want the server to get something, you need to throw in the typical 15% as well. That is also separate from the 12% tax the government charges. Therefore, add 22% + a tip to everything. Government taxes are unavoidable everywhere. But the 10% gratuity or surcharge is not. I would rather have them raise the price by 10% and not say a word. That 10% after the fact seems sneeky and somewhat dishonest.

Furthermore, I felt the staff encouraging upselling. At the pool, the waiter kept pressing us to buy cocktails when we were about to leave. It's not too relaxing when you are constantly being sold things.

I have no idea if other resorts operate the same way. Clearly the property wants to make money.

2 Thank Rsmithson100
GMGraceBayClub, General Manager at Grace Bay Club, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your concerns via TripAdvisor. Every guest’s experience is important to us and we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your vacation with us at Grace Bay Club.

I apologize that the Service Charge was not properly explained to you during your stay. All resorts throughout the Turks and Caicos Islands charge a mandatory 10% service charge. This service charge is government mandated and redistributed evenly amongst staff as a supplement to their earnings. In no way does the resort itself benefit from this charge as it is diverted directly to staff.

It is applied and confirmed on all services and labeled on our website, room confirmation and registration card upon arrival as well as all food and beverage receipts. All of our staff is aware of this process and would have been happy to explain it to you.

Thoughtful feedback is a gift and we thank you for your input. We do hope that you will return to Grace Bay Club at some time in the future.

Warm regards,

Thierry Grandsire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Providenciales
Seven Stars Resort & Spa
The Regent Grand
#6 of 44 in Providenciales
Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos

Been to Grace Bay Club? Share your experiences!