“A hotel made special by the staff”
Review of Grace Bay Club

Grace Bay Club
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Picking an island to visit in the Caribbean is hard enough, without then having to work out which hotel to stay in! Grace Bay is listed amongst the best beaches in the world, which gets you on Turks and Caicos, but then there are countless hotels to choose from.

We ended up doing a two hotel holiday to get different aspects of the Turks and Caicos. Our first stop was Grace Bay Club, which we picked due to a combination of other positive reviews on TripAdvisor, the infinity bar and the value for money offered.

Things to like:

- As per other reviews on here, the staff are unlike any other and that’s no exaggeration. They are so friendly and warm and it feels like your with friends / family after only a day. From Tranae at breakfast, to drinks and a farewell with Chrystal Charles, it’s the people who differentiate this resort from any I’ve visited. They’re welcoming but efficient and always happy to go out of their way to make sure you’re enjoying your stay. A comfy bed and warm shower are easy to find but the Grace Bay Club atmosphere isn’t.
-You’re given a Personal Concierge and a mobile phone to take with you so you can contact them. It means you never have to move from where you are to confirm dinner reservations or book a snorkeling trip. Thanks to Liz and Franklin for looking after us.
- Rooms are spacious, impeccably clean and well-appointed.
- Plenty of pools to relax in.
- Great tasty breakfast buffet

Things which could be improved:

- The hotel design is average but it’s not unattractive. It fits in well with the other resorts.
- The gym was really busy when we were there so could be expanded. It does have a decent range of equipment for a short stay though.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,807)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

My girlfriend and I were advised by our travel agent to visit Turks and Caicos this August (2014). She took care of arranging our hotel and we had little knowledge of what to expect and went in with low expectations assuming we would get to a hotel have a normal room and figure everything else out ourselves. What we experienced was FAR beyond such expectations and led us to have the most amazing vacation week of both our lives. We arrived at this glorious hotel greeted with Rum Punch and our PERSONAL CONCIERGE - HUDSON! We had been told we would have a conciernge and WRONGLY assumed that meant there would be someone available to answer questions and help arrange things if we went to them. INSTEAD we were greeted by Hudson and given a mobile phone to contact him at any time. He took care of our ENTIRE week arranging amazing activities and going above and beyond by adding special surprises to us along the way. He ensured Everyone on the staff knew our names and personally greeted us as we walked around the resort making us feel like family. As for the resort itself - we could not have asked for more. HUGE, CLEAN, the friendliest staff who made it so we didnt even have to think for ourselves as they were one step ahead of us at all times ensuring anything we wanted (een things we didnt even know we wanted til we got) we GOT! For anyone going to Turks and Caicos we HIGHLY recommend staying here and make sure you meet HUDSON!

Room Tip: All the rooms have ocean view. We stayed and recommend the one bedroom suite.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My wife and I had spent our honeymoon at Grace Bay Club and returned for a second visit. Unlike some other destinations (even Hawaii, let alone Europe), we find this one is best for staying at the resort and relaxing. We left the resort by land only to walk into town once; we left by sea several times, to take a Hobie Cat out on the ocean. The resort’s staff will take you out on the water and teach you how to sail a Hobie Cat; by the middle of our stay, my wife was an experienced sailor. The resort offers other water sports, such as windsurfing, as well as two tennis courts.

We got to and from the resort via a shared taxi that charges $16.50 per person for an airport run. If you decide to rent a car, you should be aware that driving in Turks & Caicos is on the left-hand side of the road.

The main restaurant at the resort has outdoor seating. There is a free breakfast for resort guests.

The high season in Turks & Caicos is getting longer, which means that the possibilities for upgraded rooms are getting smaller. (We were told that the relatively quiet time now runs from September until the end of November.) On our first visit, we got upgraded to a beautiful large room on the third floor, which offered a wonderful view of the grounds and the ocean. This time, we got upgraded, but only on the first floor, so the view from the room was not as good. On the other hand, we had the convenience of walking out directly to the pool and beach. And the room, while not quite as large as we had enjoyed on our prior visit, was still quite comfortable, with a large living room facing the ocean and a bathroom that featured a separate shower and bathtub.

The pool area is very nice, but the beach is spectacular, with clean white sand and extremely clean water, in mixtures of turquoise and blue. In the summer, the water is quite warm (even in the winter, I’ve ready, it doesn’t get all that cool), so there are no worries about getting acclimated to the ocean.

The staff is polite and attentive, and strives to be helpful. A chambermaid comes by twice per day, once to clean the room and once for turndown service.

We stayed in the hotel, which is for adults only. There is another part of the resort for families with children, and also areas called the Villas and the Estates with private residences. If you decide to visit Grace Bay Club, it’s worth inquiring about the different parts of the resort and choosing the one that fits best for you.

I appreciated that the resort offered free WiFi and free telephone calls to the United States. It’s upsetting to be victimized by hidden fees, and it’s worth noting that Grace Bay Club doesn’t operate that way.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the third floor, facing the ocean.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Grace Bay Club for our honeymoon for the 6 nights that I originally booked, plus 2 extra due to the airport being closed from tropical storm Cristobal. Prior to the storm hitting the island, the staff had been everything we could have asked for, but after the storm, they really went above and beyond to make sure that we were taken care of. While the weather was good, we enjoyed the gorgeous pools and beaches of Grace Bay, and the smiling and friendly faces of the staff, notably Belen at the pool. Our concierge, Hudson, was awesome, and willing to help us every step of the way, from arranging dinner reservations and snorkeling trips, to helping us arrange a fair rate for the 2 extra nights we had to spend. Even after I'd spoken with our return airline and they said the best they could do would be to get us out of T&C on Thursday, the staff at the front desk worked the phones for us and was able to get us a flight 2 days earlier than that. I have been to many resorts in the Caribbean, but have never seen a staff bend over backwards for the guests the way they do at Grace Bay. The only (very minor) drawback that we noticed was that, while always friendly, service could be slow at times, but since you're on island time, that wasn't really a big deal to us. We had a great time, and will look forward to returning to the Grace Bay Club in the future.

2  Thank LKreg
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was our first trip to Turks and Caicos and I spent quite a bit of time selecting a resort that I thought would meet the needs of my family ( myself, my husband and our 7 and 5yo children).

First let me say that Grace Bay Beach is stunning and lives up to its reputation as far as beauty and warm waters. The first day, the current was a bit strong and not ideal for the kids. After that first day,however, things calmed down and I felt comfortable enough to allow them to explore the water without feeling the need to hover. Now on to the hotel

Grace Bay Club is one of many hotels taking advantage of the beach and as a result, things can feel a bit crowded. I was told, with it being an island and all, there are several other less populated beaches that may have provided the seclusion I was looking for.

From the time we made the reservation at Grace Bay Club we were contacted by a concierge who was extremely helpful and diligent with coordinating excursions and dinner reservations both on and off property.

On our arrival, the check in process was seamless and we were very impressed with the service we received from Gifford. I reserved a 2 bedroom Luxury suite and our condo did not disappoint. The view was perfect; the facility spacious and well kept; the kitchen was stocked with dishes and utensils. The ladies from the housekeeping service came twice a day and restocked everything.
My only issue with the condo is the layout. The second bedroom is in the front of the unit, right by the door ( which has no bolt on it). Also, in our suite , the sliding glass door did not lock. We had no security issues while on the island but this set up is less than ideal when you have children.
The food was very good, especially lunch served at the Grill restaurant, breakfast was also tasty. We walked off property to Coco Bistro and had a wonderful dinner. Unfortunately, Anacaona served our least favorite meal. The food was a little bland and rather pricey.
We did take advantage of the local grocery store( which required a cab ride) and had a nice selection of produce, some wines and basic necessities. It was priced similarly to grocery stores in the DC area so we didn't have too much sticker shock there.
With regard to transportation, my husband took advantage of the bicycles a few times and had no complaints. Cab rides are expensive but every driver we came into contact with was extremely helpful.
Our kids enjoyed the Kids Club, especially Ms Margaret who came to babysit for us one night. ( Thank you)
My family and I found the The " Belongers" of TCI to be very professional and polite.
We were a little disappointed with our concierge service while there. The one we were assigned seemed a little overwhelmed and often was unaware of our itineraries, plans and requests. I had higher hopes for this service since it started off so well.

The reasons I did not give this resort an excellent rating were the crowded beach that at times that isn't always child friendly (the Reef in Atlantis is thus far my favorite kids beach ); the layout of the room and the lack of attention to detail from our concierge.

Overall, though, it is a very nice resort

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I have been at Grace Bay Club for 12 days, but am stuck here due to the tropical storm Cristobel. The staff has been so incredibly nice under pretty awful conditions. have had 3 flights canceled but Grace Bay negotiated a fare nightly rate, gave us a complimentary lunch today and cocktail party tonight. The staff is upbeat even though we all who are stranded want to go home. My first villa was E301 and it was magnificent. Stayed with my 2 kids and husband. I moved into a smaller room when my family got out and I couldn't. It is still very lovely with a view of the ocean. This is a truly wonderful place and I stay at four seasons and ritz Carlton's. You won't have a miss staying here.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Vlwolchok
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and I visited the Grace Bay Resort. Our experienced at this resort was amazing. The entrance was beautiful. The furniture in the lobby was elegant. The grounds were clean. We stayed in the Estates portion of the resort. We were assigned a personal concierge and given a cell phone to contact him for our every need.

Our hotel room exceeded our expectations. The room was large which included a large flat screen tv, bose sound system, large king bed with clean white sheets and towels, a separate glass shower and deep tub, a balcony with furniture and a outside shower, an amazing ocean view, and a large bottle of champagne, with a large walk in closet.

What really made our vacation so incredible were the people who worked for the resort. Everyone on staff was very pleasant. One particular person that stood out was the beach concierge named Calvin. Everyday, he provided us with our beach towels, ice water in a bucket, our umbrella, and beach chairs. He was very attentive by offering us a warm conversation, recommendations on things to do on the island, to great dining ideas. He did all of these things while attending to other guests. His ability to offer this same type of distinctive service to all the guest at the resort was extraordinary.

The resort also offered a great gym, spa, pool, sauna, free tennis court, a free use of bicycles, and free use of DVDs, board games, and a free business center. The resort was quiet with families who respected the exclusiveness of other guests. Additionally, there were three dining facilities that offered top notch food and fine dining experience. We visited other resorts in the area and there was no comparison too the Grace Bay Resort.

If you ever want to experience the true meaning of a home away from home with a resort who caters to your every need, then Grace Bay Club is your place. You truly won't be disappointed.

Thanks,

The Stricklands

Room Tip: All rooms offer an ocean view.
2  Thank John S