This is a difficult review to do. As you will see, there are many pros for this resort, but, doing a "bait and switch" on unsuspecting guests is unforgivable.
The pros: The unit we eventually ended up with was modernized (4202), wth marble bath and kitchen. The view was nice, and we never closed the patio doors, as the breeze was excellent. There is a very nice restaurant onsite. The grounds were nicely maintained.
The cons: Refurbishig of other units is ongoing. Had to walk to an adjacent unit and ask for the power drill to be turned off at 8:30 on a Sunday morning. Hammering constantly going on. Other guests taking screaming children to the pools at 7:30 AM is unpleasant.
The "bait and switch": We booked at AA.com. They do not break down the actual amounts paid for hotel and air. However, we were 3 full price-paying adults. According to the AA website, it was "stay 5 nights, pay for 4". We estimated our cost to be about $300 per night based on this. The front desk, after trying to get us to Upgrade at an additional ...$600.00!!!!... finally gave us the the absolutely worst unit in the place, directly behind the office, with a view of...the ice machine. The said that they had no idea what AA had paid for our room, but in the same breath said that we hadn't paid for a third person, so we were only entilted to a room with two double beds...for 3 adults. (except the max occupancy in that room was only 2!) We literally had to shout to get them to come down on the "upgrade", which we know we had covered already.
The desk staff was discourteous, and appeadred to be "pushing" the particular unit were ended up in. A very nasty way to begin a short vacation. Because of this, we could never recommend this place. We noticed that they seem to reply to critical reviews, and are sure they will have some explanation for this "shake down" but we will not accept an explanation, only a refund and a sincere apology. This was our first visit to Providencialis, but we are frequent Caribbean and European visitors, and have never encountered such awful service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Club Resorts is comprised of two beachfront properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located one mile apart on stunning Grace Bay Beach. The intimate resorts offer a “Stay at one, Play at both” opportunity for guests to enjoy all the services and amenities of both. An easy stroll down a beautiful stretch of beach is the popular way to get between the two resorts, although guests can be chauffeured by a complimentary shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, West Indies, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Club Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Resort Providenciales
- Ocean Club Turks Caicos
- Ocean Club Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales