We were at Ocean Club East in a Junior Suite. We absolutely loved it. We had a "sun porch" that was screened in and in the afternoon it was way too hot to sit out there. We overlooked one of the pools on the property. The property is very well maintained and the staff and others guests all very friendly.
My only negative thing that I can stay which has nothing at all to do with the resort. I have sensitivites to scents and the girls in the lobby bathed in it. The moment you walk through the door it hits you in the face. Instant headache. I avoided it as much as possible and my husband would go in and deal with whatever.
Our suite was really very nice and as someone had said, there is only salt and pepper for spices. The grocery store is expensive even at Canada's standards. Beautiful store, sure half of it is a liquor store as they were well stocked. Meat very expensive.
There were bbq'ers throughout the resort where you can bbq your dinners, great idea. We usually ate lunch at the Cabana Bar & Grill and we were out between $40.-50. each lunch. Beer is 6.30 a btl. The conch fingers were excellent. My husband had them everyday we were there. Conch chowder good as well.
We ate at the Opus which we thought were great. We also ate at "Upstairs" which is in a little strip mall over by Ocean Club West, which the shuttle will take you too. We enjoyed that as well.
MOsquitos, yes, they loved my husband, he was still scratching a week after we were back. His bites were huge.
Beach, OMG, the softest sand ever. Long beach and really quite wide in places. Water beautiful. It really is a very nice place to stay.
As well, something we noticed that I was very grateful for, very few smokers. The week we were there, we saw 2 couples that smoked and we only saw them the one time smoking. That was absolutely amazing for me, didn't have to worry about an asthma attack.
We did two tours, one was a snorkel tour, we don't snorkel but went for the boat ride and was well entertained. Met some nice people as well. The other was a land tour, went to a conch farm tour which was damaged by a hurricane a few years ago. Clean up is a long process there. Went to 'THE HOLE' which is amazing and only discovered in the 80's. Surprised that no one ever fell into it. There were other stops which escapes me right now. Should have written this as soon as I got back.
Both the East and the WEst resorts are very quiet and shuts down by 10. Would have been nice to have a bit of entertainment there.
We were very fortunate as when we got to the airport we were the first ones there.We were told about the line ups outside and around the corner. WE were there 3 hrs early, guess it paid off.
Would definately go back..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Club Resorts is comprised of two beachfront properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located one mile apart on stunning Grace Bay Beach. The intimate resorts offer a “Stay at one, Play at both” opportunity for guests to enjoy all the services and amenities of both. An easy stroll down a beautiful stretch of beach is the popular way to get between the two resorts, although guests can be chauffeured by a complimentary shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, West Indies, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Club Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Resort Providenciales
- Ocean Club Turks Caicos
- Ocean Club Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales