My now-fiancé and I took our first trip to Provo in May 2012. We went through Cheap Caribbean and I went back and forth a few times about which property to pick. We were NOT disappointed! Ocean Club is a collection of mini condos that are all owned by individuals and rented out. The property is beautiful and sits right on Grace Bay.
Our unit was huge with a sitting room and separate bedroom and large bathroom and a full kitchen with screened-in balcony. Food is expensive at T&C and we chose to go to the local grocery store and buy some snacks, food and alcohol to prepare ourselves. But beware, even at the store food is expensive!
Anyhow, the units and property were well kept, the customer service staff is really nice and helpful, and they even have dvds to watch if you get bored at night. The staff is really good about recommending places to go and excursions to try. There are BBQ pits on the property for guests to use, and the pool Is nice, although the beach is much better! There is a small but nice exercise room, and you can rent snorkel equipment and bikes if you like. Ocean club is a bit further down the beach than other resorts, so there is a shuttle that will take you to the other property if you'd like (which is also close to the store). The only thing to be aware of is there are no elevators and the more formal restaurant on the Ocean Club property isn't open very late.
Aside from the resorts, the island isn't very developed, which is kind of what makes it great. Most of the good restaurants to go to are at other resorts rather than stand-alone businesses. Restaurants and Bars in Provo aren't really open that late, so if you're lookin for a wild party you'd be disappointed. But if you're looking for beautiful, relaxing, fun, this is the place to go!
I must say that Trevon at the front desk was AMAZING. He was so nice and helpful, and I'll always be thankful to him because he helped my fiancé PROPOSE to me! Somehow he arranged to have the staff set up flowers and champagne and music in our unit when we returned from our dinner. It was a total surprise and I was not expecting it at all. He went above and beyond my fiancé's requests and made it so special. So THANK YOU Trevon!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Club Resorts is comprised of two beachfront properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located one mile apart on stunning Grace Bay Beach. The intimate resorts offer a “Stay at one, Play at both” opportunity for guests to enjoy all the services and amenities of both. An easy stroll down a beautiful stretch of beach is the popular way to get between the two resorts, although guests can be chauffeured by a complimentary shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, West Indies, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Club Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Resort Providenciales
- Ocean Club Turks Caicos
- Ocean Club Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales