“Awesome Trip”
Review of Ocean Club Resort

Ocean Club Resort
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My now-fiancé and I took our first trip to Provo in May 2012. We went through Cheap Caribbean and I went back and forth a few times about which property to pick. We were NOT disappointed! Ocean Club is a collection of mini condos that are all owned by individuals and rented out. The property is beautiful and sits right on Grace Bay.

Our unit was huge with a sitting room and separate bedroom and large bathroom and a full kitchen with screened-in balcony. Food is expensive at T&C and we chose to go to the local grocery store and buy some snacks, food and alcohol to prepare ourselves. But beware, even at the store food is expensive!

Anyhow, the units and property were well kept, the customer service staff is really nice and helpful, and they even have dvds to watch if you get bored at night. The staff is really good about recommending places to go and excursions to try. There are BBQ pits on the property for guests to use, and the pool Is nice, although the beach is much better! There is a small but nice exercise room, and you can rent snorkel equipment and bikes if you like. Ocean club is a bit further down the beach than other resorts, so there is a shuttle that will take you to the other property if you'd like (which is also close to the store). The only thing to be aware of is there are no elevators and the more formal restaurant on the Ocean Club property isn't open very late.

Aside from the resorts, the island isn't very developed, which is kind of what makes it great. Most of the good restaurants to go to are at other resorts rather than stand-alone businesses. Restaurants and Bars in Provo aren't really open that late, so if you're lookin for a wild party you'd be disappointed. But if you're looking for beautiful, relaxing, fun, this is the place to go!

I must say that Trevon at the front desk was AMAZING. He was so nice and helpful, and I'll always be thankful to him because he helped my fiancé PROPOSE to me! Somehow he arranged to have the staff set up flowers and champagne and music in our unit when we returned from our dinner. It was a total surprise and I was not expecting it at all. He went above and beyond my fiancé's requests and made it so special. So THANK YOU Trevon!!

Room Tip: Even the garden view rooms are great because the grounds are beautiful!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MissEC
There are newer reviews for Ocean Club Resort

Reviewed 3 April 2013

This was our first time to Grace Bay and im sure it wont be the last. We chose Ocean Club from a wide range of hotels. It proved to be a good decision. The hotel is right on the beach and up the "quite" end. It means turn right onto the beach and you can walk for miles along deserted beach almost to yourselves. Turn left and you walk past over hotels. About 15mins to the small town with a few shops and places to eat.
Our room was a well equipped appartment, with kitchen and washing machines. It had all we needed to enjoy our stay.
We didnt eat in the Hotel resturants much, preparing some things at "home" and trying other hotels in the area, but the one meal with had in the beach cafe was good, and having a Turks Head at sunset was very pleasing.

2  Thank Spearsy007
PHLPLS, Manager at Ocean Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for taking time after your vacation to post your thoughts about your stay at Ocean Club Resort. We are pleased that your first trip to Grace Bay was a good one and that you are planning to return. We appreciate your kind comments about both the resort's location and the suite you occupied. And we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 30 March 2013

We spent 1 week at the ocean club with my husband and our small baby (March 2013).

ROOM:The 1-bedroom room we got was large, clean, renovated. We were in the building H (Hibiscus), top floor and we were able to see the ocean from our patio. It takes about 2 or 3 minutes to get to the beach.

FOOD: The beach restaurant (Cabana) is OK but not awesome. The majority of the dishes on the menu are either too spicy or too greasy. The other restaurant in the resort (OPUS) looks more upscale but the food was so-so. Not worth the price.

BEACH: Grace bay is gorgeous. We have been to Aruba, Antigua, Virgin Islands, Mexico, Dominican Republic...and the Grace Bay beach is in our top 3.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cestovatelkaYUL

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay at Ocean Club Resort.
We are glad to hear that you were pleased with the One-Bedroom Suite and ocean view, as well as our friendly employees.
But we are sorry to hear that your experiences with the Cabana Bar and Opus were not ideal and will pass your comments along to the restaurant staff.
Hopefully you will be able to visit Ocean Club and beautiful Grace Bay Beach again very soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

What a wonderful time we are having! We were suppose to have a Junior Suit but got upgraded to a one bedroom. Everyone goes out of there way to make sure you are happy. Even though our place is not brand new, we couldn't be happier with the location or the amenities. The beach is beautiful, quiet and it goes on forever. I'm not sure why anyone on here could give bad reviews, they must never be happy with anything. This is a busy time and we are being treated like we are the only ones here! We will defiantly come back and stay in room 4101 building D.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jonicapiron
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We checked into our room - a third floor location closer to the main road and reception. The room itself was decent and staff had taken care to leave us a single stove cooker as requested, but our first and primary request to be in a quiet, low traffic location was not honored.

The room boasts an 'island view', mostly a view of the road to Ocean Club from the main road, parking lot, and another side road to a residence or business next door. The view from the 3rd floor unit must be an improvement from the unit below us.

The morning after the first night, we almost requested a move to another unit. The road next door had occasional cars speeding down it, and as it's a gravel road it was very noisy. We did not use the A/C and maybe if we had, the noise - in general, would have been much less. It seems as though many units are rented, but some are owned too. We had some noisy longer term fellows below us who drove up to the building playing loud music and honking the horn. Not very pleasant. We believe that this room should be priced well below the $309 mark - maybe $250s. We would not stay there again and probably would not have written such a negative review if the price point had been more reasonable.

More on the noise theme. The buildings have interior foyers and stairwells, and doors have metal blinds. Any voice in the stairwell carried outrageously within the building. As well, doors do not close gently. The slamming sounds causing quite a disruption. If it were possible to install some anti-slam device that would be of great benefit.

Ok, folks with small children, don't be mad. There are two lovely pools onsite, but sometimes the pool area peacefulness was invaded by families with small children who did not even attempt to keep to themselves or keep their voices down. What I mean is the loud voices, shouting across the pool, without an awareness that other folks were trying to keep quiet and mind their own business - which it seemed impossible to do. I'm not asking people with children to stay home, just asking them to be aware that we didn't come on our trip to vacation WITH you and your family.

I'll also comment on the ant issue - but it was there before we arrived. You should expect ants. Try to keep your food in the fridge and clean pots, plates, counter tops, etc., rather than leaving morsels for the ants to enjoy.

The bed was too soft for us - we would enjoy a harder mattress.

Finally, another major disappointment was the TINY balcony; barely enough room for two to enjoy. The rom is equipped with a king sized bed, table and 2 chairs. On a day where the weather was unpleasant, we really couldn't comfortably fit on the balcony together to stretch out and our only other option were the two kitchen chairs or the bed. Another reason to consider a 1 bedroom over a studio.

We enjoyed Cabana Bar & Grill VERY OFTEN. The staff put up with a LOT of poorly behaved people, and I'm not just referring to drunk people. Please tip them excessively. They make Ocean Club a very nice spot. The staff also meticulously care for the pool, steps to the beach and other maintenance activities.

We would consider staying here again, but not in unit H308.

1  Thank narcisse07
PHLPLS, Manager at Ocean Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you for the review. I regret that your stay was not all perfect, as this is what we strive for. I believe the time period travelled is one of our busiest and one that we have more families with children stay. I regret you experienced the noise you did, and even during Spring Break, this is not our norm. It sounds like you were happy in general with the pools, grounds, and restaurant. I am very happy that you would consider returning and invite you to contact me to discuss room and view options that may accommodate your needs better.

The room rate of $309 for the Studio Island is during peak season; however, rates are available other time periods starting at $175.00. The Studio Island view is normally very popular with a single or couple travelling. The Studio and Studio Deluxe are the only categories that face the backside of the resort, and as you mentioned a road or parking may be viewed; however, there are palms and some foliage. We are careful in this description as an island view, and not garden. Junior and larger suites are available with a garden/pool and ocean view. Beachfronts in One, Two & Three Bedrooms. The more spacious Studio Deluxe and all other larger suites have an oversized balcony or patio that is furnished with table and chaise lounge.

We do look forward to welcoming you back. Please feel free to contact me if I can assist in any way.

My Best,

Julia Maximo
julia@oceanclubresorts.com
800 457 8787

Reviewed 14 March 2013

My check in experience had much to be desired but the end result has been really pretty great....

This does not reflect well on me, but I am going to tell you anyway, as I think it is relevant.... I booked a room at a much more upscale resort, but at the last minute, a family friend decided to join us and the upscale resort could not accomodate us this very very busy week. I got on Expedia and booked two junior garden view suites at this hotel (for less than the price of the one unit at the fancier resort) because it was all I could find that looked halfway decent. After locking in the rooms, I had a long conversation with the booking agent in the US begging for a bigger 2 bedroom suite or at least having the 2 rooms close together. She said she would try but gave no guarantees given the last minute reservation and the fact the resort was nearly fully booked. We arrived at 2 pm and our rooms were not ready, which was okay because the check in time is actually 4 pm. The lady at the front desk was pretty brusque. I had to ask if we could use a changing room and then have lunch at the restaurant and she allowed as how that would be acceptable and checked me in, gave us our room numbers and the cards to allow us to charge things in the resort. (Since I was flying in on the Jetblue flight, that once a day arrives at this time, you would think that there would be a better "script" for this situation like: Sadly your room is not ready ahead of schedule: check in time is 4 o'clock. If you would like to change, use the facilities, have a meal, you are most welcome....if you have a cell phone, please give me your number and I will text you when housekeeping is finished") But no... we were told we could change in the lobby loo (there are plenty of better changing spots at each of the two pools and also at the beach) but she did manage to give me the room numbers and I quickly realized we were 1) close together, but 2) on the ground floor at the very very back of the resort.

The landscaping of the resort is pretty cheesy, with fake bronze, chipped little statues in the gardens. Since I was judging the resort by the reception and the landscaping, I panicked and called the US number to see if I could move to their other resort but they were totally booked. The lady on the phone was very patient, given that I had not even seen the rooms -- she very gently encouraged me to wait until I had seen the rooms....and she was so right. The rooms were great.

We had a really lovely lunch at the beach restaurant -- great food and cheerful service which helped dispel the bad juju of the front desk lady -- had a swim and returned to the front desk at 4:30 to retrieve the keys. The lady at the desk gave me the keys and with prompting told me how to get my car past the gate. Sadly the code she gave me did not work, so back to the front desk I reluctantly went....

Finally all got sorted and we arrived at our rooms, which are indeed at the very back of the resort on the ground floor, but they were very good. Cheerfully decorated, spotlessly clean, comfortable beds and pillows, crisp cotton linens, a lovely screened porch with fans everywhere and a tiny view of the sea. Because they are individually owned, each is slightly different, but both units are very comfortable.

Housekeeping has been extraordinary as the fine sand of the gorgeous beach is very hard to keep out of the room with our frequent forays to the beach. I just came from Switzerland, so I was spoiled for the standard of cleanliness -- this place rivals any fine Swiss hotel in terms of cleanliness.

There is a washer/dryer in every unit as well as a fully functional kitchen. There are big barbeque grills by the pools for resident's use as well. The restaurants were both very good, and the kitchen meant that one was not beholden to the menus, but could opt for home cooked. alfresco meals too. I would recommend bringing a cooler for trips to some of the other beaches and also renting a car as the resort is at the eastern end of Grace Bay, so dinners at some of the other resorts would be a hassle without one -- taxis are expensive. Don't rent a car from Hertz though -- they do not have a facility at the airport even though it says they do.

I highly recommend this place for a wonderful relaxing holiday at a very reasonable cost. If I ever come back I will ask for a room closer to the beach.

Room Tip: rooms on higher floors will have a better view of the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank pfpedersen
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Very nice stay at Ocean Club. Room was very large and clean. Great view of ocean from porch. The beach is amazing and just steps away. We used the kitchen in our room for breakfast and lunch to save money. The location is very private and on the east side of Grace Bay. I would recommend renting a car for the freedom of getting around.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
PHLPLS, Manager at Ocean Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2013

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Ocean Club. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed both the suite and the view. We agree with you that Grace Bay is an amazing beach! And we hope that you will visit us in the Turks & Caicos Islands again soon!