“Perfectly Relaxing”
Review of Ocean Club Resort

Ocean Club Resort
Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 27 May 2008

We just returned from a week at the Ocean Club (East) and had a fantastic stay. After walking most of the beach, it is definitely one of the nicest sections on Grace Bay with plenty of chairs and umbrellas. We had upgraded to a junior suite and it was well worth it. The view was great and the room and patio were very spacious and clean. The full kitchen and a few trips to IGA saved us a ton of money on meals. We loved having the rental car to explore the island and not having to rely on shuttles or taxis to get to and from dinners at night. Overall, this is a nice quite place to relax and unwind at a gorgeous beach.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EAB1707

Reviewed 24 April 2008

We traveled to Provo with two children (6 and 3) in April. We got a package deal from American Airlines that included a "studio deluxe" at OC. We wanted to save some $$ by cooking in the room and the package was a great deal.

Overall the resort is really nice and very well maintained by a very friendly and accomodating staff. Constantly people working, cleaning etc. etc. Only one front desk clerk seemed a bit less friendly than everyone else. But a lot better than what I get everyday at home!!

Kids loved the two pools and we loved the convenience of the beach/pool. I liked being at the "end" of the development since the beach never seemed crowded. When took the free shuttle to OCW a few times and were glad to have that available.

I was a bit disappointed by the room...bottom floor right near a path and service road (we were told all the studio deluxe rooms were along the path so be aware), way in the back near the entry. I had asked for a washer dryer since I was also told that not all the rooms had them. In the end, I didn't use it much but it was handy. Room was a bit outdated but clean. Bulb burned out in the bathroom and was replaced very quickly. Stove burner came apart but my husband was able to fix it.

So in the end I would definitely go back there but would probably get more info about the room ahead of time. My guess is if you get a package deal, you get the least desirable rooms.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank akb8a
Reviewed 7 March 2008

We just got back from a week on North Caicos. We stayed at the Ocean Club Resort on Grace Bay. It was fabulous! The island getaway was nearly everything we could have asked for. Temperatures in late February were in the low 80's and around 70 at night. We spent many days on the beach and couldn't have relaxed more! One note on a vacation on this great island, take your own food!!!! Eats are EXPENSIVE and the quality can be iffy. We bough cereal, milk and juice for our own breakfasts and watched our wallets at lunch. Some dinners like the Gecko Grill were fabulous and places like Hemingways were TERRIBLE (their version of conch chowder was canned vegetable soup with conch added for $12). Ask other gusts where to eat, don't be suckered in by the slick dining ads or listening to the hotel people who steer you into staying on their own property. This location is great!

4  Thank SenseiT
Reviewed 3 March 2008

Decided to take the family out of the country for Thanksgiving and couldn't be happier to have landed at Ocean Club East!!! The staff was great and the beach was amazing. We enjoyed everything the hotel had to offer from the great dining to the water sports. The only bummer was the north shore ocean flow that made the water cloudy...that was the ONLY problem with the trip! We took the mile hike down the beach to Ocean Club West and were happy that we chose OCE! OCW was nice but it was much more fast paced than it's older partner to the east. OCE runs more on "island time" which is exactly what we were looking for. The other thing that OCE has over OCW is it's location along Grace Bay Beach. There is only one other hotel between OCE and a long beautiful walk with no resorts or tourist to remind you that you are in a resort location.
The dining at the Resort was great, but if you want a truly outstanding T&C experience, walk right next door and go to the Sunset Grill...an absolute must!
The room we had was great, it came with a kitchen and after a ride to the Island's IGA Supermarket we were stocked for the weekend. My wife and 14 year old had a great time on their first excursion out of the good old USA and are looking forward to going back!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank vbtherapist
Reviewed 3 January 2008

My stay at Ocean Club Resorts was relaxing and scenic. The landscaping, beaches, and pool areas were wonderfully planned and sculpted. The staff was friendly and efficient and the media room was a plus as I needed to keep in touch w/family regarding my pets! The room was neat and clean and the meals were yummy. The Filet Mignon, wine, and dessert at the Gecko Grill was as good as any meal at Coyaba, another local dining destination. While on island, I took a catamaran trip with Sail Provo (Sunset cruise); it was the best excursion we took all week! I wouldn't go to Iguana Island (Little Water Cay) again; we paid $5 for a short 5 minute tour through some brush. I've seen much larger iguana's in Mexico. Overall, my experience on 'Provo' and at Ocean Club Resorts was a great one! I would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
3  Thank LaFleuve
Reviewed 1 January 2008

Great Hotel with kitchenette and very nice rooms and comfortable beds. Amazing grounds very well kept. Get bus that takes you to restaurants from hotel (Gecko Bus) ! Free bikes at hotel. We have stayed here 2X and booked again for next March. This hotel could be fully booked but you do not notice it. Lots of
room around the pool . Lots of Private areas to relax. great bar and restaurant. You can walk to restaurants. Amazing beach!
Great hotel for familys. But not busy and crowded . You will come home rested! Good hotel for teenagers travelling with parents.
We have 16 yr old .He loves it!

• Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank MalibuAurora
Reviewed 1 January 2008

The front desk staff and support staff were always kind and helpful with any request.

While the web site picture reveal rooms with screened in porches, my studio was not provided with a screened in porch or garden views. My room had a very small balcony and overlooked the parking lot and dive shop. The screened porch was one of the qualifiers for choosing this location as I needed to hang my dive equipment (safely) for drying. I confirmed these pre-requisites with the booking agent (called the resort directly). The resort was willing to upgrade my room, at a significant increase (although the resort was fairly empty).

Note: The web site provides this distinction but was not functioning properly during my research period.

The facilities were impeccably clean, but even though the Do Not Disturb sign was hung on the door knob, the cleaning staff kept on banging on the door and attempted to let themselves into the room. They came back 3x in 45 minutes, unti I got very stern with them.

Stayed: December 2007