Ocean Club Resort
Reef Residences on Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$365
US$1,477
Hotels.com
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$975
Caribbean Paradise Inn(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$233
Travelocity
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$808
US$646
Hotels.com
La Vista Azul Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$406
US$249
West Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$2,076
The Regent Grand(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$772
US$730
Point Grace(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$548
Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
US$570
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscabana barfree shuttlefull kitchenoc westopus restaurantgrace bayjunior suitegrocery storescreened in porchisland viewshuttle servicebeautiful beachthird floorwasher and dryersister propertybeach frontcomforts of home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is my second stay at OC - and it was as great as the first time. We checked in early, and our room was ready, which was great. I booked a studio, as we were not planning on spending alot of time in the room. If you have a family, the studio would not work. But for 2 people, it was perfect. I recommend Ocean Club, they are a great place to stay - and right in the middle of it all on some of the best beach in TCI!

Room Tip: Garden view does not always mean garden, if you are big on what you look at.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I decided to head to TCI because it has been my dream since turning 20. 20 years later the waters and beaches called me and my check book could afford to part with money! BEST MONEY EVER SPENT!!!

The island is small! But perfect! The crime is low! I walked about 2 miles from the center of town to the hotel in the middle of the night! Never felt unsafe!

I'm a people person but I love privacy when vacationing. The ocean club was the absolute perfect spot! It's virtually the last resort at the end of the beach before private residences. It's set back off the road so you hardly know there are people outside of the resort! The property is wide and the beach is spread out! I never fought for a spot and there was alway a chair! The water is amazing!! The most breath taking thing I've ever seen! The beach is white and clean the property is lovely! The one comment I heard around town is the resort is older but honestly you can't really tell! It's the price it is because it's older but classy!! Clean, perfectly manicured, and the staff of wonderful! The beach is literally steps away from the condos. Even the furthest building isn't that far! The place sits back off the street which makes it so close! The cafe bar on site was probably some of the best food I had and the room was lovely! Huge in fact!! More space then needed!

I visited ocean club west and it was fine but close to road and didn't have that far away feel that I like on vacation! I felt on top of everyone else and I didn't like that! I would stay there but love he original the best!

You won't be disappointed and those ya rate this place poorly are just not right!! Regardless of your view whether it's the parking lot or the pool... The beach is literally steps away! I plan on buying a place here soon!

• Stayed: April 2014
OceanClubResorts, Manager at Ocean Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear NEpony,

Thank you for the excellent review! We could not be more thrilled to hear you loved Ocean Club and plan to buy. Look forward to your return!

Our best,
OCR Management

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife had been looking to go to Turks & Caicos for some time. We got a great deal on airfare and wanted to find a strong value on a resort as well. Based on TripAdvisor reviews and the rate, she chose this property. It's older than their Ocean Club West property, but the upkeep is phenomenal and there is an awesome free shuttle that runs between the two properties that is literally on call if you need it until 10:45pm. Never had to wait more than 5 minutes. Made getting around so much easier since OCW is closer to restaurants/shopping (plus you could just hang at OCW too if you wanted). That said, OCR's location was great, nice and quiet.

What really made the resort was the staff which could not have been more friendly and helpful. The front desk was amazing, quickly and cheerfully addressing literally anything you needed. We chatted with one member of the front desk, Ian, for quite some time -- he gave us a lot of info about the island -- and then a couple days later we saw him out at a local pub and he was just as happy to talk to us and hang out. We even sang some karaoke together. Good stuff!

Housekeeping was just as good. Anytime we put the sign out of our room that it needed cleaning, even if it was just for a pop down to the beach, it was finished by the time we got back. And even the housekeeping was surprisingly chatty, telling us about spots to check out in Turks & Caicos.

What more can I say? There was an on-site store that had better prices on local beers than the grocery store! The tennis court was in excellent condition and their free equipment did the trick. The oceanside restaurant (though not the best on the island) served up solid food with a smile (and they even fixed my order after I SCREWED IT UP). The free bikes they loaned us made for a quick trip to the conch farm.

Overall, a tremendous value and a great way to both relax and see Turks & Caicos. We're hoping to go back and, hopefully, see the same staff!

Room Tip: If you can, definitely go for the 3rd floor. The vaulted ceilings make the space feel so much bigger. Also try to grab a studio deluxe to get the extra balcony space. We had a corner room with a balcony that opened up with sliding doors pretty much all the way around.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike P

Dear Mike P,

Thank you for the excellent review and for sharing your experience with fellow travelers. We very much look forward to having you return!

Our Best,
OCR Management

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Check in was 4pm but graciously we were given our room at 1pm. This allowed us to check out the Cabana grill (service staff was amazingly nice, but not a fan of food/drinks). Recommend you drink beer not frozen drinks. Besides the beach being absolutely beautiful (rough waters, didn't swim much in ocean) the staff is very nice. Take time to get to know the staff, they give great insight of what the island truly is like (if you ask for their honest opinions)! The grounds are well kept and neat (except the main pool). We were well aware this was a family resort and welcome that (except this one time-due to one family that didn't watch over their unruly, LOUD children at the pool). We felt like part time babysitters worrying about these kids being unsupervised would drown! The shuttle was very convenient to its sister location that had the grocery store a short walk away. Overall, a nice place to stay. Food is horrendous on the island in general, no offense to the hotel or the people of the island. Thank goodness we had a full kitchen to cook, had all we needed to make nice meals daily!!! Btw, avoid the casino, tourist trap.
These are some recommendations for the hotel (East):
The pool must be cleaned regularly(skimmed). We saw that chlorine & water were placed in the morning, but the pool is used often by many and needs to be cleaned every few hours. We just found the skimmer and did it ourselves but needs more upkeep. This is important especially when people couldn't swim in the rough ocean waters and it's 90 degrees out!!!
One pool should be designated for kids and one for just adults. There were not enough chairs at the main pool and too many kids used that pool while they're parents drank at the Cabana Grill/bar. The pool by the bar should be designated for kids.
You must keep the grills clean and filled with gas. The main grill under the cabana by the pool doesn't work completely (only cooks on the left side). The other two grills by the bar were out of order during our entire stay.
Lastly, assuming cigars are a bargain here, there were quite a few smokers. PLEASE create a smoking designated area (maybe by the pool/Cabana Grill). The cigar smoke was strong and lingered into rooms/general pool area.

Room Tip: Keep the room cool. This makes this very ant friendly place disappear!!! Pay for beach view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jospugjake J
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I did a lot of research looking for a hotel with a great beach and positive reviews for the hotel at a reasonable price, something hard to get in Turks & Caicos. I thought the majority of the positive reviews were spot on and helpful for Ocean Resorts. The beach was clean, very large with a great beach to walk, particularly towards the east side of the island where there aren't any hotels or properties except for one mansion. We didn't get bother in front of our beach or any beach to buy stuff either. There weren't any issues getting a chair (all chairs had umbrella) on the beach. The walk into the turquoise water is easy; I don't recall any rocks, etc. The waves were rough one day but still not a problem to enjoy. The room in building B (two buildings from the beach but beach view) was great. It was pretty modern, clean and big. There was a living/dining room that led to a screened deck where you could see the beach. There was a 1/2 bath and eat-in kitchen with utensils, cups, etc. and a full size fridge. The bedroom was pretty nice too with a full batch and large walk-in closet (and safe). The one problem I had during our stay is the jalousie windows in the bedrooms. Our room, like a lot of rooms I saw, back up to small parking spaces (4-5) for the buildings. Unfortunately, the noise from people leaving in the morning and staff passing through the parking lot woke me ( a somewhat heavy sleeper) and my wife most mornings earlier than we wanted. We weren't looking to sleep in either. This happened even though we had them closed as tight as they could go. I was thinking that although they look nice, especially for the Caribbean and allow the winds to cool the room (when open), they allow a decent amount of noise. I think the fact that there are two walls of jalousies doesn't help matters. I was actually trying to notice whether some buildings didn't have parking spaces but I think they all do for the guests. Although it may not sound like it, I didn't dwell on too much as I don't think I have another complaint about the hotel and Turks is beautiful. The shuttle was also a great help to get closer to restaurants and shopping. We got one within 5 minutes probably every time. The free bikes available to use were great and were in way better shape than what people noted (I didn't see one rusty bike). The restaurant out front (Opus) and the one right in front of the beach were great. One tip - One thing I didn't notice until the end of the vacation was the small market in front of Opus. Also, as you'll probably hear, go to the bigger supermarket further out than the Gourmet IGA; it is bigger and better prices. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Close to beach, ocean view. Was in B, second closest building to ocean, restaurant.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple