OCR is wonderful. We enjoyed our stay very much.
The beach is gorgeous and well maintained. Seeing other hotel beaches, OCR really has an excellent stretch of sand on Grace Bay and convenient amenities (towels, umbrella, shower, ice water, beach toys, etc.). The pool was refreshing too.
The Cabana grill/bar was above our expectations. In fact, we opted not to risk being disappointed with an under-par meal and view on our last night in Provo and just stayed put (Caribbean curry was superb!). The sunsets from the Cabana Grill were incredible!
Our one-bedroom apartment was better than expected. I know all the apartments are privately owned and therefore different, so I can only write based on our experience in unit #4101. The furnishings were a bit dated for my taste, but it was very comfortable and clean. The bed was great with nice linens. The kitchen had all the essentials with some nice extras (wine glasses for white or red). Laundry was nice to have and the OCR supplied a load worth of soap. The wall safe was great to have and much more secure than many 5-star hotels we've experienced.
The one true complaint I have is the mosquito problem we experienced in our apartment. Unit #4101 is on the ground floor just off the pool area and was a very convenient location for us. However, this means it was also surrounded by bushes and ferns, so it isn't a surprise that there would be a pest issue. However, the only reason the bugs were getting into the room was because the screens over the windows were pulling away from the window frame, leaving gaps big enough for a cockroach to crawl through one evening (the only roach I saw during the stay). The issue was so bad that we had to spray our 2 year old with repellant before putting her to sleep and she still awoke with new bites every morning. In my opinion, this is an unfortunate complaint that is easily resolved.
So to sum up, be sure to pack the repellant and get ready to have a wonderful stay at the OCR.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Club Resorts is comprised of two beachfront properties, Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, located one mile apart on stunning Grace Bay Beach. The intimate resorts offer a “Stay at one, Play at both” opportunity for guests to enjoy all the services and amenities of both. An easy stroll down a beautiful stretch of beach is the popular way to get between the two resorts, although guests can be chauffeured by a complimentary shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, West Indies, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Club Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Hotel Providenciales
- Ocean Resort Providenciales
- Ocean Club Turks Caicos
- Ocean Club Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales