“Quiet serene tropical surroundings with the most beautiful beach in the Carribean”
Review of Ocean Club Resort

Ocean Club Resort
Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I have now stayed here twice is a lovely condo with a great kitchen, large bath an air conditioning system That will freeze you out and a gorgeous screened lanai. The beach is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen in all the Carribean and the reef/Snorkling is top class. If you are looking for peace and quiet this is your beach holiday. There are no wild discos or real party places but I'm a busy ER-Trauma RN and for me this is paradise to relax and regain mental peace. The people are very friendly and I have enjoyed my stays here.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank MonicaH3

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is the third time staying here and I do not know what happened but it was terrible. Lets start with the room. Ants!!!! everywhere even in the bed!!! We called front desk and they brought up a can of bug spray and set it down. The windows have no glass only wooden shutters. If you leave them open the temperature in the room gets up to 95 degrees so of course you keep them closed. So now you have a dark cave the whole time you are there. The birds start at 5-7 AM. The wooden slates let all noise in so be ready to get up at 5. Also the workers stand and talk at 7 so if the birds have not woken you up the workers will.
Lets talk about the staff. I asked 3 times and had money in my hand for a umbrella to be moved. No one even moved and trust me they understood. We even called the front office and no one came. I saw a little old lady dragging her own umbrella and it made me sick.
Our cleaning lady on the 2nd to last day asked us for money!!!
About the third day we started looking at other hotels. There are many for the same price and very nice!!! We will not stay there ever again!!! :(

Room Tip: Even if you book 12 months out you will not get the room you want.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bpony
OceanClubResorts, Manager at Ocean Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear about your recent stay. I have to say that reading the review I had to question if you stayed at our hotel. All suites have sliding glass doors to a balcony or patio that bring in much light.
Ants are in the tropics and can present themselves when food is left out. If there is a complaint we offer to spray the room. Normally once a room is sprayed there is no longer an issue. We recommend that food is well-sealed and/or kept in the refrigerator.
The umbrellas and chaise lounges are placed and set up on the beach early morning. I don’t want to go into specifics but there is contradicting information. I believe any guest who has stayed with us would say how plentiful the chaise lounges and umbrellas are, and they are already set up so there would be no reason for anyone to have to drag an umbrella.
I apologize if we disappointed. You mentioned in the room tip that you did not receive the room you wanted. We do our best to meet all requests; however, cannot guarantee specific suites. I wished we had known if you were not happy with the room assigned, as we are always happy to show other available suites.
With all feedback we have an opportunity to learn. Trip Advisor allows us to share information that we want to be as accurate as possible. Again, I am sorry we disappointed. Our team will continue to work harder to improve.
Our Best,
OCR Management

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here for a week. There were 5 of us... We had a 2 bedroom 3 batch condo unit. Clean, close to the beach, fairly quiet, great food on premises and great wait staff. Would definitely stay here again. We stayed during low time in June so, it was quiet. Don't know what it is like in the high season. Stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank nkpesq
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Excellent property and value. Staff very friendly and professional. Stayed there six nights in June 2014 and loved every minute. The beach is on the upper east side of Grace Bay and is very quiet and gives the illusion of a private beach. The resort is very clean and safe. The rooms are in excellent conditions and the store on the property has everything you need at reasonable rates (compared to the Graceway IGA). The beach restaurant located on the resort has excellent food at good prices. I would recommend staying in a 2nd or 3rd story suite; we booked a deluxe studio on the ground floor of the building directly behind the reception center and found the hallway to be very busy early in the morning until after lunch; due to the hotel staff work area being located on this floor in this particular building. The pools are awesome, and the resort furnishes a never ending supply of beach towels. Will be returning to this resort next year.

One pointer: Rent a car. Provo has a lot to see, yet is not really "touristy", and cabs are very crowded (vans and there will be other customers in there) and expense. Driving on the left takes a little getting use to but the traffic moves at a slow pace and it doesn't take you long to get the hang of it.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd or 3rd story for the quietest. Even if you use a travel agent, call the resort dir...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Tina30375
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel was clean and taken care of. The room was large with a screened in porch and pretty much a full size kitchen. The staff was very friendly no matter who we talked to. Prices were reasonable, pretty much as expected for an island. Even in the convenience store they have on site which does have a lot of things you may need. Ample space in the 2 pools and on the beach (it was 'off season' though - so not many people were there). Towels, umbrellas, chairs all for free for the guests. I enjoyed the food at the hotel Cabana Bar. Try the conch of course. I think it was actually one of the better that we ate at. (Tiki Hut was also very good if you decide to travel over to Turtle Cove.)
The beach sand is clean, soft and white. The water crystal clear and a perfect temp. We did a snorkel trip that left out of Beaches. Which looked to be an amazing hotel, but our little Ocean Club was perfect and for a lot better price ;). We also didn't experience many bugs as i read in some reviews. The breeze was nice and kept them away.
You can take a free shuttle to the Ocean Club West and from there walk to many other resorts/grocery/restaurants in 10 mins. So I was very pleased with location. Enjoy your time relaxing and watching the amazing sunset with a tropical drink in hand. This isn't for partying and clubbing - there is a Casino closer to Ocean Club West. But we had a great time chatting with the staff and other guests at the Cabana Bar whether during the day or at night. The places are like little condos but what I appreciated most is the NO sales pitch. We were able to enjoy and relax without constant harassment to buy into a timeshare like some other resorts I have been to. Thank you Ocean Club - it was a perfect birthday trip!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Patrizia R
Reviewed 3 June 2014

After having stayed at Club Med -next door to Ocean Club- I was impressed by the improvement in the overall quality of the vacation by staying at OC. Although OC is not all inclusive that was a plus since we could eat better quality and variety of food just eating at at the beach bar/restaurant. What a great spot to sit and eat and be outside by the sand by the water under great skies. As we are wine drinkers buying better quality wine was also an improvement and the prices were comparable to home.( Also for a 10 dollar charge we could bring our own bottle to have with the meal). That and the ability to cook in our kitchen or BBQ on the provided grills, kept the cost lower than the Club Med AI approach. But the best part was that in the morning you made you coffee when you wanted and could walk down to the beach or stay on the balcony to enjoy it. You are not tied to restaurant hours, that's priceless. The set up on the beach was also an improvements as beach umbrellas are by the water edge and believe me you need the shade. The size and quality of the room and the large screened in balcony just do not compare. I won't repeat the beach and water comments except to add you don't need to worry about currents, rip tides, swells etc. just go in on talcum powder sand in crystal clear water. The people you deal with were mostly great, especially at the beach bar/ restaurant. The front desk was also helpful especially at OC west who provided us with a shopping cart unasked, when we stocked up with groceries. The screened in porch and stairways were ideal and we had no mosquito issues at all in or out on the beach, no sand flies either. Being off season meant no need to reserve beach chairs- not sure that would be the case in full season-. T and C could be expensive island but OC delivers great value. The one issue is that some guests have no respect for others and create needless noise issues. Fortunately they were few as this is not a party type resort.(Wish they went to Club Med)

We will be back

Room Tip: Third floor units have vaulted ceilings. Next time will not face the pool should be quieter
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wyseeit
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I LOVED our stay at Ocean Club. We have a rule about not traveling to the same place twice but we are totally going to break that and return to Ocean Club. The beach was the most beautiful beach I have been too - turquoise water, perfect white sand, very little waves. The room was very nice with a kitchen, AC, a deck, tv, and king size bed. The only thing that could have been better was the bed. It is a bit stiff. Finally, the beach bar and restaurant was amazing. We hung out there most of the time. I recommend Ocean Club!

• Stayed: May 2014