“"Feet in the water toes in the sand a bottle of Jack in my hand"”
Review of Ocean Club Resort

Ocean Club Resort
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Little Compton, RI
“"Feet in the water toes in the sand a bottle of Jack in my hand"”
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Just returned from our 7th trip there in the last three years need I say more?
OK I will, If you are looking to be completly relaxed this is the place for you.
The beach is fantastic the staff is great and very accomadating.
( By the way you get what you give when it comes to service, get your nose's out of the air we all put our shorts on one leg at a time.... sorry going of on a rant it just bothers me when people complain the staff is not friendly or they are to slow) Back to my story
The place is just perfect , beach, bar, people, even the girls that stopped by from Canada ayy! Just remember, life is what YOU make of it ! See you all when I get back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrdoubleJack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2010

The location is great for the Ocean Club East. Don’t ask me what the difference between the Ocean Club and Ocean Club West, although you are able to take a quick shuttle between the two. The room we stayed in was a ground floor room with a cute patio. The floor always seemed a little dirty. There are basically no walls so you are able to hear everyone talking right outside. At 9am the handyman was drilling on the opposite side of our wall, and woke us up. It would have been nice to have been warned. We were able to borrow bikes and go biking which was convenient. The only smile I think I saw on the Island was from the bartender by the pool. The drinks were great, the food was pretty good. The people there are not very friendly or welcoming. I will definitely return to the Island, beautiful beaches, but don’t know about going back to that hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2010

The resort is just few steps away from the beach. Also it has good restaurant .The only thing I hate the most is moisquito bites eventhough the balcony has screened. Overall, it has very relaxing atmosphere and peaceful to stay in.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
North Conway, NH
Reviewed 7 July 2010

My wife and returned from an eight day stay at the Ocean Club resort on June 28th. I will start by saying we had the most relaxing, enjoyable vacation in over 20 years. After eight days of looking at other properties on Grace Bay during our stay, we walked about the entire 12 miles of the bay, I will say this place is the best value on the entire beach. Yes as some reviews have stated ocean club east is an older property and some have called it dated, but I found it very well kept and charming. The rooms, we had an ocean view junior suite, are spacious, clean and well equipped and the view was quite nice. The staff were as friendly and accomodating as any island we have stayed. The Cabana Bar and grill is at an absolute perfect location, mere steps from the beach. You can have breakfast, lunch or dinner there at very reasonable prices and everything we ordered was very good and they gave good portions. The best part is having dinner there and watching the sun go down on the horizon directly in front of you, a scene we never tired of seeing. The beach at Ocean Club was the best we saw at any resort on Grace bay, equal to anything more than three times the price and some of those really expensive hotels had only a third or less of the width of the beach. We did not manage to eat at the more exclusive Opus restaurant on premise, so I cannot comment on the food there. We did go out to the Mango Reef at the Royal West Indies, I believe thats the name, and the food was excellent and the waiters also great. We had one dinner at Hemmingways at the Sands, also good food and service. Went on one snorkling excursion with reef peepers was ok didnt see to much as far as fish go, caught our own conch and they prepared it for lunch was pretty good. A word of advice, unless you are an Iguana nut don't bother with Iguana Island. You have to pay $5.00 each for the "tour" which consists of about a 3 minute talk then you walk the boardwalk trial to see Iguanas which takes, and I am not kidding, less than 5 minutes and that includes stopping if you see any iguanas, a total waste of time in my opinion. take a snorkeling trip that stops at 2 or 3 snorkling places instead of iguana island, you will get much more for your money. We went with reef peepers because Sail Provo was such a pain to deal with. I e-mailed them a month before the trip for reservations and they said call us when you get to the island and we will see how many people we have for your trip. so I called while on island and again they said we dont know how many people are signed up and we need more to go on the trip and they would call me. they never called back so we went with someone else. Also tried to book a SNUBA trip buth the stormy weather south of the island made the visibilty too bad to go out. one word, confirm your trip before leaving your hotel. we waited for her call to cancel in case of poor visibility and it never came so booked a taxi and went over, she said she called and the trip was cancelled, so just call to confirm the day of trip so no surprises.. all in all the beach was fantastic, the water really is turquoise and beautiful and bathwater warm you can stay in all day and for the money there is not a better place to stay on Grace Bay. Of course if you want glitz and window dressing and dont mind paying 2 or 3 times the price of Ocean Club there are more modern places to spend your money. Ocean Club West is a bit newer if you are worried about that and also has a beautiful piece of beach and still one of the best values on the island. The free shuttle that runs between them is very handy for both your own groceries, a 5 minute walk, or shopping about a 10 minute walk. Also was hit with a new $20.00 per person help us build a new airport tax on leaving which was a surprise, just stated in May I believe and thats on top of the $35.00 departure tax they have which some of you will have included in you air fair. Would I go back and stay there again, we are already making plans for next year and plan on bringing the grown kids with us. We have been to Bermuda, Jamica and St. Croix and Aruba but never felt the need to go back until we explored more islands. We didnt have that problem in Provo, we are going back as soon as possible.

2 Thank boru77
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 5 July 2010

This is out 4th time at the Ocean Club. The beach, Grace Bay is one of the nicest we have seen and the hotel is right on it. The service staff are very friendly and helpful. The grounds are keep up and landscaped very nice. Our room, a 2 bedroom condo was very nice, not 5 star but very nice and clean. The condo's have a porch, deck that is screened in and the sliding door covers the whole living room and can be completely opened. We had pool and ocean views. The Ocean Club is not a large place which we like, it has 2 restaurants, the casual one is right on the beach, and a more upscale one, the Opus. There are also 2 nice pools'
We used the gazebo to make a few dinners, It has an outdoor gas grill, sink and a bar like counter with chairs. It was a great place to make and have dinner with our friends. It was very clean.
We love the beach at the Ocean Club and spent most of our time there. There is a reef that keeps the water very calm and clear.

1 Thank skirats
GERMANTOWN
Reviewed 29 June 2010

My wife & I visited T & C for the first time 2 weeks ago. We chose Ocean Club as our resort based solely on the comments from others here on TripAdvisor (we've had great success in past years using these reviews as well). We could NOT have been happier with our selection.

We stayed in 4302 which was a Junior Suite with an ocean view, as well as a view of the pool & Cabana Bar. Our unit was clean, mostly updated with all the appliances you would wish for. This was a 1-bedroom unit with 1 bath (which had a double sink). The screened in porch allowed for time outside without concern for bugs (although all we ever saw while there were flies at meal time). Our unit was on the 3rd floor (which is the top floor) so be prepared to carry your luggage up the stairs, since there is no elevator. (not a big deal for us)

The beach location was fantastic! OC is the last resort along the strip, so we had much more privacy than other resorts. There were always people walking and/or running along the beach but not enough traffice to cause any concern. The amount of lounge chairs & umbrellas were very plentiful. AND THE WATER WAS AMAZING! It was like snorkeling in a swimming pool. We had very few families there with children (another reason we selected OC) so noise was never a concern for us.

We did rent a car thru Avis and were glad to have it all week long. We used it every day to either go shopping, out to dinner each night, go to the grocery store or go elsewhere for snorkeling. Here is a recap of what we did and where we ate:

Meals:
We ate breakfast in our room a few days, ate once at the Cabana Bar and twice had breakfast at The Sawmills. Both locations had good food at a reasonable price.

Most days for lunch we ate in our room since we were spending time at the beach.

For dinner, we ate 1 night at Hemingway's (nice meal with a saxaphone player which was pleasant). Another night we ate at "Da Conch Shack" which everyone said was a "must do". It was good, but sort of "out of the way" from where we were staying. My wife called it "Adventure Eating" since it was "somewhat more informal" than other places we had already eaten. Twice we ate dinner at Caicos Cafe, which had really good food, but it was pricey! One other night we ate at OC, at the Cabana Bar. I enjoyed my meal but mife wife was not "thrilled" with hers. All in all, we enjoyed the food there and since we ate several meals at our condo, we didn't spend as much $$$ on food as we did last year in St. Lucia.

If you want some great snorkeling and don't want to go on a boat tour with a group, go to Coral Gardens. It's another resort that has a Public Access Beach right next to it. We asked a local dive shop for suggestions on where to snorkel and they said "If you have a car, go to Coral Gardens". The amount & variety of fish near the reef was OUTSTANDING! CG also has a beach front restaurant but don't take American Express with you or you'll have to wash dishes for your meal.

We would DEFINITELY go back to T & C and would DEFINITELY stay at OC again!

P.S. There were 2 items I did not like during this trip. First, the Business Center did not open until 6:00 a.m. each day. For someone like me, who wakes up "way earlier than their spouse" I had no place to go and could not turn on the TV without waking up my wife, so what was I supposed to do (my laptop was broken so I could not take it with us). For most of you, that should not deter you from staying here. Second, the Dive Shop at OC is scheduled to open at 8:00 each morning. It NEVER opened on time when we were there. 8:00 meant 8:15 to them. I know that's a slight thing, but when you plan to go somewhere in the morning and are expecting to grab something at the Dive Shop before you leave, you expect the posted time they open to be accurate.

3 Thank JLH13
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 13 June 2010

The hotel is beautiful. The facilities are orderly and functional. The beach is BEAUTIFUL. It's not noisy. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. I stayed one night and it was for work and I just wish something went wrong that would have forced me to stay longer on my trip. The room even had a washer/dryer so as to solve the issue with my laundry in such an event.
The hotel staff is very nice. Nothing over the top, but they were nice.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business