“Great Diving Experience - Provo Turtle Divers”

Art Pickering's Provo Turtle Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive With the Oldest and Most Respected Dive Operation in the Turks & Caicos Islands....... Established in 1970, Provo Turtle Divers, Ltd. Is the oldest and most experienced dive operation in the Turks & Caicos Islands. For over 44 years we have explored the reefs and walls of these islands, discovering new dive sites and uncovering some of the most unusual underwater spectacles accessible to divers in the Turks & Caicos. We believe in small group diving with concierge level service - no "cattle boat" diving with us!
White Plains, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Diving Experience - Provo Turtle Divers”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

In August I had the opportunity to do some scuba diving in Provo. I selected Provo Turtle Divers and was not disappointed. I have been diving for over 40 years and have had good and bad experience along the way. I rate this ( three days of two tank diving ) experience as one of the best. From the staff at the desk to the dive masters, all conducted themselves in a professional and courteous manner. Unlike some of the other dive operations on the island, Turtle Divers does not crowd their boats with 16 or more divers. I dove with small groups of fellow divers which made for a less cramped experience and led to some good interactions among all. Needless to say some new friendships were made. I have already been in contact with some of my new dive Buddies who are talking about getting back together in the coming months. It's a given that we will be using Turtle Divers once again.

1 Thank Newyorktraveler55

new york
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great diving experience”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Especially for beginners. I actually tried doing my outdoor water dives for certification at Dutch Springs, PA and I hated it. Its cold, dark, spooky down in the water there, with not much to see. Honestly, the worst place one could dive in. Things didnt go well for me there, and I had to do my outdoor dives at Turtle Provo and honestly, the team there is really good. I had a great time with my 2 dives there. The dive instructor Gary was very helpful and patient with me, and it was a pleasure doing the training dives with him. He gives you very good instructions and will point out exactly what you are not doing right, so you can correct yourself right away. I recommend this place to anyone who wants to get certified as well as go for some nice deep dives.

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Professional and Great Guidance for Beginners”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My wife and I have been diving before, but it had been 5 years from the only time we had dove previously. Steven was great. Although my wife panicked from some current causing issues during weight check, he was able to keep her calm and keep me calm worrying about her by staying relaxed while still assertive. Once we got underwater, the use of hand signals and whiteboard, we were able to keep safe while still being informative of the animal life he we saw.

Along with beautiful reef scenery, we saw lobsters, lion fish, countless of beautiful schools, groups of barracuda sitting like statues in the middle of the water and of course two or three reef sharks.

Dave, the skipper, was also helpful from the boat during the weight check struggle and was also great whiteboarding and presenting the dive sites. It was full of information and entertaining commentary.

Everyone else on the trip was certified and seemed to have a lot of freedom. I seemed like everyone was happy with their dive masters, 6 max per.

1 Thank emdlc
Auckland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My partner and I did 2x morning dives with provo turtle divers and found them to be one of the most organised and well set up dives we have done. All of the staff were really friendly and knowledgable. There were snacks provided between dives. We went out to the wall to dive and the dive was excellent with plenty of marine life.

1 Thank Angela M
Chicago, Illinois
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“First Class Operation”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

If you want a safe and professionally run dive shop, this is the place! The boat is well designed and spacious. The crew at PTD is second to none! Captain Art, Dave, Melinda and their instructors are all top-notch. Safety is a priority, and the crew is always there to work through any issues both on the boat and below the surface. Dive briefings are thorough with suggested profiles to avoid deco. At the end of the day, each diver's gear was washed and stowed. BC's were strapped on new tanks in the morning with the diver's gear neatly placed under the seat. The reefs are teaming with life. We enjoyed great visibility in July with no current or surge. Lots to see and do at all dive sites.

Make sure you remember to tip these guys (and gals). They work great together as a team to make your dives seamless - all with a smile. Having been diving for 35 years, PTD is a first class operation and I'm looking forward to my next trip!!

Visited July 2013