“Great Dive Shop”

Art Pickering's Provo Turtle Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive With the Oldest and Most Respected Dive Operation in the Turks & Caicos Islands....... Established in 1970, Provo Turtle Divers, Ltd. Is the oldest and most experienced dive operation in the Turks & Caicos Islands. For over 44 years we have explored the reefs and walls of these islands, discovering new dive sites and uncovering some of the most unusual underwater spectacles accessible to divers in the Turks & Caicos. We believe in small group diving with concierge level service - no "cattle boat" diving with us!
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife and I just returned home after diving with Provo Turtle Divers. This was a truly amazing experience. We just got certified in August (murky waters off Newport RI). This was our first certified dive experience and of course we were a little nervous. As we soon found out, there was no need to be. The entire staff was great. We signed up for two 2 tank dives but had such a good time, we did a additional day. Our dive masters Steven, Gary and Melinda (owner) and captain Al (original owner) were all wonderful. They all gave us some great pointers. The groups were small, in fact on day when we had 12 on the boat, we split into two groups with two dive masters . Our equipment was assembled and ready for us. There were snacks in between the two dives. In summary, could not have asked for a better experience for our first certified dive trip. Will definitely Dive with Turtle Provo Divers when we return to Turks and Caicos.

1  Thank Peter C
in 15 reviews
"surface interval"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I did diving with Dave and Steve. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. They have a very nice dive boat, roomy and well- equipped. Our dive master Steve was awesome. On my first dive, I had some issues descending and equalizing, Steve was very patient with me. We went diving off Grace Bay locations and the diving condition was very good. The ocean was beautiful and calm. We saw a giant green eel, lobsters, a ray and some very large Lion fish. :o We highly recommend Provo Turtle Divers - safe, professional, knowledgeable, friendly and fun!

1  Thank FeiMao_2013
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Went out with Dave and Steve on Oct 9th. What a trip. This is the best dive operation I have seen. Very personal and professional. The equipment was great and the diving is to dive for. LOL I would not recommend you go anywhere else. These guys are the best

Reviewed 15 September 2013

In August I had the opportunity to do some scuba diving in Provo. I selected Provo Turtle Divers and was not disappointed. I have been diving for over 40 years and have had good and bad experience along the way. I rate this ( three days of two tank diving ) experience as one of the best. From the staff at the desk to the dive masters, all conducted themselves in a professional and courteous manner. Unlike some of the other dive operations on the island, Turtle Divers does not crowd their boats with 16 or more divers. I dove with small groups of fellow divers which made for a less cramped experience and led to some good interactions among all. Needless to say some new friendships were made. I have already been in contact with some of my new dive Buddies who are talking about getting back together in the coming months. It's a given that we will be using Turtle Divers once again.

1  Thank Newyorktraveler55
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Especially for beginners. I actually tried doing my outdoor water dives for certification at Dutch Springs, PA and I hated it. Its cold, dark, spooky down in the water there, with not much to see. Honestly, the worst place one could dive in. Things didnt go well for me there, and I had to do my outdoor dives at Turtle Provo and honestly, the team there is really good. I had a great time with my 2 dives there. The dive instructor Gary was very helpful and patient with me, and it was a pleasure doing the training dives with him. He gives you very good instructions and will point out exactly what you are not doing right, so you can correct yourself right away. I recommend this place to anyone who wants to get certified as well as go for some nice deep dives.