I just returned from another fun filled week (Jul 30 thru Aug 6) at everyone’s favorite summer camp for adults, Club Med Turkoise. The weather could not have been better and the energy in the village could not have been higher. This is roughly my eigth trip to the resort since 2005 and I have to say from beginning to end it was an amazing fun week.
The village has many options to offer their guests with activities to keep busy and entertained. Diving, snorkeling, sailing, tennis, beach volleyball, trapeze, zumba, are a few that can be done during the day and the shows at night keep guests entertained in the evening. All these activities are spread out over the village and I have to say that my vacation starts before my arrival. If you participate in an activity, it is great if you are fortunate enough to have your room close by in case of an early morning wake up to catch your scheduled dive or early morning tennis group, etc. I always hope for a room in the building where I like to participate and I have to thank the Accommodations Manager, Giulia F., for always responding whether it is possible or not for my requests. I have been going to Club Med for 10 years and out of all the Acc. Managers I have written, she has always responded honestly whether it was good news or bad. She has been there my last 3 trips, I understand that sometimes large groups book a package and I may not get a room where I would like (which has happened), but I appreciate her honesty, her efforts to accommodate me and most of all her responses because there have been numerous times over the years when I never received a response. There are guidelines for making a request such as timing of making the request, whether you paid for a deluxe room or garden view but as long as I make my request in a timely manner I have always heard back from her and she is very professional! Thank you Giulia for making my vacation start on a positive note!
Timing can be critical when picking a date for vacation, but with this GO team in place anyone can have fun at any time. The CDV is Remy, he is highly visible, always with a smile and manages to spend quality time with all the guests and asking what he or his staff can do to make your stay more enjoyable. He is very well liked by his staff and it shows in their energy. So many people to thank for making my stay so fun…at reception Amanda, she always had a laugh to share and socialized with our group after putting in long days. Pascal, Jules, Jessi W. and Alexa they are easy to talk to, ready to participate with the guests and able to answer all our questions. I met an intern there that is definitely Club Med material, Genevieve R. …what a fascinating person. It was great talking to her and learning about the shows, her positive view on Club Med and her dreams after her internship.
I mostly hung out at the Sailing Shack and they definitely had high energy each and every day. Led by Simon, his crew of Patrick, Casey and Christian kept those that wanted to sail or windsurf busy all day and at the end of their day they kept it going with beach volleyball at the shack. Some competitive volleyball games and games for fun kept large crowds around the shack till 6:45pm each night and then it was a mad rush to get ready for dinner after ensuring the red tray was empty, lol. During the week a tropical storm Emily was suppose to hit. They had to move and secure the boats, get all boards and life vests inside and then return everything to normal the next morning when Emily never hit.
If you want to have fun, laugh till your jaw hurts, learn to play Buffalo, play some beach volleyball…stop by the sailing shack and introduce yourself to the sailing team! Warning, if you decide to participate at Buffalo, Simon and Casey will catch you when you least expect it, lol.
The busiest person of the week and all around great guy is Christian R. One day he was a sailing GO, next day a GO tennis instructor and sometimes at night he was showing new guests to their rooms and explaining the layout of the village. I was exhausted just trying to figure out his schedule!
Club Med is what the guests make of it. They have a great, great, great GO team presently and they are ready to help you have fun. Luckily for myself, there was a fun group of guests that week and they made it even more memorable. Guests were from all over: Montreal, Toronto, New York, Vancouver, San Diego, San Francisco, Boston, etc… and all were ready to have some laughs and everyone blended well together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An adult-only all inclusive resort in Turks & Caicos with gorgeous award-winning beaches and thrilling watersports. Travel to Club Med Turkoise with your friends or alone to enjoy an all-inclusive vacation in beachfront tropical scenery on the island of Providenciales, in the Caribbean Sea. Stay at this upscale all-inclusive adult resort and experience a vacation as carefree as exciting. Relax on a beach chair or indulge in the ultimate in water sports and fun activities. As one of the best all-inclusive resorts reserved exclusively for adults, this beautiful location is a destination that allows singles and couples to enjoy their getaway like they never have before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks And Caicos
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Hotel Providenciales
- Club Med Turks Caicos
- Club Med Providenciales
- Turks Caicos Club Med
- Providenciales Club Med
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales