“Summer Camp for Adults”

Ranked #29 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Pleasanton, California
“Summer Camp for Adults”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I just returned from another fun filled week (Jul 30 thru Aug 6) at everyone’s favorite summer camp for adults, Club Med Turkoise. The weather could not have been better and the energy in the village could not have been higher. This is roughly my eigth trip to the resort since 2005 and I have to say from beginning to end it was an amazing fun week.

The village has many options to offer their guests with activities to keep busy and entertained. Diving, snorkeling, sailing, tennis, beach volleyball, trapeze, zumba, are a few that can be done during the day and the shows at night keep guests entertained in the evening. All these activities are spread out over the village and I have to say that my vacation starts before my arrival. If you participate in an activity, it is great if you are fortunate enough to have your room close by in case of an early morning wake up to catch your scheduled dive or early morning tennis group, etc. I always hope for a room in the building where I like to participate and I have to thank the Accommodations Manager, Giulia F., for always responding whether it is possible or not for my requests. I have been going to Club Med for 10 years and out of all the Acc. Managers I have written, she has always responded honestly whether it was good news or bad. She has been there my last 3 trips, I understand that sometimes large groups book a package and I may not get a room where I would like (which has happened), but I appreciate her honesty, her efforts to accommodate me and most of all her responses because there have been numerous times over the years when I never received a response. There are guidelines for making a request such as timing of making the request, whether you paid for a deluxe room or garden view but as long as I make my request in a timely manner I have always heard back from her and she is very professional! Thank you Giulia for making my vacation start on a positive note!

Timing can be critical when picking a date for vacation, but with this GO team in place anyone can have fun at any time. The CDV is Remy, he is highly visible, always with a smile and manages to spend quality time with all the guests and asking what he or his staff can do to make your stay more enjoyable. He is very well liked by his staff and it shows in their energy. So many people to thank for making my stay so fun…at reception Amanda, she always had a laugh to share and socialized with our group after putting in long days. Pascal, Jules, Jessi W. and Alexa they are easy to talk to, ready to participate with the guests and able to answer all our questions. I met an intern there that is definitely Club Med material, Genevieve R. …what a fascinating person. It was great talking to her and learning about the shows, her positive view on Club Med and her dreams after her internship.

I mostly hung out at the Sailing Shack and they definitely had high energy each and every day. Led by Simon, his crew of Patrick, Casey and Christian kept those that wanted to sail or windsurf busy all day and at the end of their day they kept it going with beach volleyball at the shack. Some competitive volleyball games and games for fun kept large crowds around the shack till 6:45pm each night and then it was a mad rush to get ready for dinner after ensuring the red tray was empty, lol. During the week a tropical storm Emily was suppose to hit. They had to move and secure the boats, get all boards and life vests inside and then return everything to normal the next morning when Emily never hit.

If you want to have fun, laugh till your jaw hurts, learn to play Buffalo, play some beach volleyball…stop by the sailing shack and introduce yourself to the sailing team! Warning, if you decide to participate at Buffalo, Simon and Casey will catch you when you least expect it, lol.

The busiest person of the week and all around great guy is Christian R. One day he was a sailing GO, next day a GO tennis instructor and sometimes at night he was showing new guests to their rooms and explaining the layout of the village. I was exhausted just trying to figure out his schedule!

Club Med is what the guests make of it. They have a great, great, great GO team presently and they are ready to help you have fun. Luckily for myself, there was a fun group of guests that week and they made it even more memorable. Guests were from all over: Montreal, Toronto, New York, Vancouver, San Diego, San Francisco, Boston, etc… and all were ready to have some laughs and everyone blended well together.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
Dear CancunMike2001,

Wow! Thank you for such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that your vacation was a success! We're happy to learn that the staff made your vacation enjoyable and were so accommodating. Thank you for being a loyal Club Med guest over the years; we appreciate you, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Your Club Med Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,169)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I was looking for a safe place to take a trip by myself and came across this adults only Club Med. Once I got on the bus from the airport to the hotel I knew I was going to have fun and be comfortable since I started making friends instantly.

The thing that makes this trip most memorable are the people I met staying there, but as far as the hotel itself goes, it is a great place to relax or party; whatever you may be looking for. Yes, the rooms are very worn down but they sort of added to the rustic charm of the resort.

I loved that everything was all inclusive from the food, most drinks, snorkeling, sailing and trapeze. It was so nice not to deal with money and just sit back and enjoy. At night they changed the areas to party - the pool, beach, village square. This helped mix up the atmosphere a bit, but it still was surprisingly quiet a few nights, especially considering all the wild Club Med stories I've heard over the years.

The areas I feel that can be improved are the rooms, pool and shows (although the trapeze/circus acts were amazing). Also, I think some local live Caribbean music would have been nice.

If you are looking for a posh island get away, look elsewhere. I say this is definitely a place to go if you love the water and are just looking for a beautiful place to relax, have fun and meet some amazing people.

Room Tip: No need to upgrade to the turndown service. Everyone who got it said it was not worth it.
2 Thank jenamo1
Dear jenamo1,

Thank you for sharing your Club Med experience with us! We're happy to hear your trip went well, and that our resort met your expectations. Thank you for recommending us to others, and we hope to see you soon for another fun-filled vacation!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Club Med Turks and Caicos provides solo travelers and travelers who are couples with an abundance of choices during the daytime and a nice choice of dining with other guests from all over the world at night, followed by staff entertainment, an open bar and dancing on all nights until as late as you so desire to participate.Beach parties, lounge acts, and Sharky's parties are standard scheduled events to delight almost everyone who has a pulse.
Daytime activities include tennis (I played twice a day with Marco Torresi,the Club's Tennis Director,in clinics and in private sessions). I am an advanced to expert player (4.5 in singles and 5.0 in doubles) and never felt like I wasn't learning or having fun. There were other players participating,including a 70ish Californian lady and a 21 yr old German girl,a 37 yr old Parisian male, and a 35 yr old very talented Italian male.
3 levels of lessona re offered from 830-1330 daily and afternoon competitions are also offered.
Other great activities were snorkeling,scuba diving, windsurfing, pool volleyball and beach volleyball, soccer,baseball and almost anything else you can possibly imagine.
It was like a very hot and humid summer camp ,with liquor and with nice beach wear(at times) to be seen......:)
The grounds need to be updated. The tennis courts need to be resurfaced rather quickly. The food is average at best. The rooms are average but clean and the bar should stop hiding premium drinks like sparkling wine and Bailey's. They have them but you have to ask for them and they go behind the bar to get them for you......
I was pleasantly surprised with the sparse amounts of smokers there were and I was pleased with having seen zero obnoxious drunks prowling around at night either.
It's good place to rejuvenate your soul and your body....and it's reasonably priced,too.

Room Tip: try ot ask for a room near sharky's (bldg D)
1 Thank David G
Dear David G,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review! We're pleased to learn you enjoyed the activities our resort offers. We're sorry, however, that you did not find other aspects of your vacation up to par. We will pass along your comments regarding the grounds, accommodations and dining to the management. We strive to offer our guests an ideal vacationing environment; your insights will help us achieve that, and we hope you'll choose Club Med again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Nathon, Brandon, Kevin, Gregory, and David were not only a blast to fly with, chill with, laugh with, but oh yeah, they are also incredibly talented in all arts that involve flying, summersaulting, hanging in precarious positions or otherwise defying the laws of gravity... The crew is professional and the operation is a tight ship, safe, fun, and challenging.
Oh and.... The rest of club med was pretty nice too. A shout out to the dive crew/ they run a great operation and are a very focussed, professional, and fun crew.
Can't wait to come back!!!
Eric E

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Eric E,

We're thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay at Club Med! It's clear you and the staff connected, and we will pass along your kind words. We're happy you took advantage of all Club Med has to offer, and we look forward to seeing you again for more high flying and underwater fun! Thank you for your review!

Metuchen, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Having gone through a divorce, job change, and move to another state this the last year, I needed a vacation that 'took me away'. This week was more than I could have bargained for. Ragina--the young lady at the front desk was there for whatever I needed. I didn't feel like I needed to figure anything out. Eva (I think this is her name) was also very kind and helpful.
The diving crew. who took us snorkeling because of the impending storm, was absolutely wonderful. This was the best snorkeling trip of the week.
Since I am shy, a bit older, and not really a 'wild child' I found the maturity and authenticity of Marco and Jae very refreshing and they certainly added to my comfort level. I only wish there could have been more of Marco's type of music. I felt left out in the evenings.
Stephanie from Sharkies found me melting down early in the week and showed compassion and kindness.

This week I felt like I accomplished lots of healing from much hurt and stress. Thank you
I want to come back.

Room Tip: the king room was great. Ask for a first floor room if you need it
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I recently traveled to Club Med T&C for a 10 days vacation (July 23rd-August 1st). I had been to this club before (2003, 2005) and I was pleased again with the same things that got me back to the Club: the food is delicious, the ocean is fabulous (and yes - really turquoise!) and the beach is perfect ! While I was able to just rest for the first few days I was there, I could again enjoy the multiple activities the club as to offer for the remainder of my trip. It's a perfect get away for one who wants to both have a rest while having the opportunity to meet great people (and when you meet a few great people and chemistry with a group works, you can have a really really good time!!!) and try out new sports or activities.

But what makes a real difference and makes people go back to this club is the friendliness of the G.O. Marco gives useful tennis tips while making every morning session so fun we keep returning te next day, even after a long night out... Carley makes the best csomo and what about Jesse... the most gentle nurse (and probably nicest person) ever who ever touched my ears! While being highly professional at what they do, they are all ready to share a good story and happy to discuss with you (and yes - party too!). They are all great fun and dedicated to make your stay the best ever.

Two notes to management:
1. The whole facility could really benefit from renovation... as much as I liked my experience, I would think again before booking to this club if I did not see it has been renovated.
2. Please, please... have some better music at night... the 70-80ies night was ok, but the other nights were terrible! I guessed we danced because we really felt like doing so, but frankly, every people in our group were hoping you'd agree that we'd use any one of our I-Pods instead f the music played! A mix of classic rock, the 80ies, 90ies and what may be playing in some clubs today would be a great combination and would be more likely to reach everybody.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Vicky T
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
Dear Vicky T,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We’re happy to read that you had another wonderful vacation with Club Med! We will pass along your kind words about the staff. We appreciate your insights about the resort and have sent them along to management. We hope to see you back again soon!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2011

The resort was great. The location, activities and staff all contribute to creating a fun and enjoyable experience. The beach is one of the club's nicest features. Nice soft white sand with the most amazingly blue water that you have ever seen.
There are a variety of land and water activities to ensure that you are never bored, most are included with the vacation experience, such as snorkeling, kayaking, sailing windsurfing, beach and water volleyball, basketball, tennis, (much more)and my new favorite, the flying trapeze . So awesome, just like the circus. The trapeze staff was so cool and encouraging. I can't say enough about Brandon, Nate, Dave and Kevin!
Although I went with friends, it wasn't necessary. The way the resort is set up, you meet tons of peoples at meals and through activities. The food and the drinks are plentiful. I definitely recommend others visit Club Med - Turkoise.

Room Tip: Rooms are decent. Spacious with all standard amendities. They also offer singles which is cool even...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Samsonite1
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Dear Samsonite1,

Thank you for writing this fantastic review! We are pleased to hear that you had a fun and enjoyable experience with us! We can see you had a great time at the beach and with the many activities the resort offers. We will give your shout-outs to the staff. We hope to have you back soon!