“Another Great Trip”

Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Seattle, Washington
“Another Great Trip”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Once again I had another great trip to Turqoise. Not much has changed as far as the condition of the hotel (see previous reviews) but the G.O. staff was mostly a new crew and they did not disappoint.

The G.O. Team was a very good and friendly crew. all of the G.O's are special in their own way but there is always one G.O. who tends to stand out on each trip.This time the G.O. who stood out was Mikey from the kitchen staff. This is the first time I have ever recognized a kitchen staff member. Mikey is the cook at Sharkies. throughout my entire stay Mikey would walk from behind the counter and check on the guests to make sure they had everything they needed and that everything was good. He would then clean the plates off of the table if the guests were finished. In the 12 times I have visited this resort I have never seen the cook from Sharkies do this. Mikey engaged with the guests and showed a true appreciation for our presence. Mikey is a great represenation of Club Med and should be recognized.

The food in the main dining room on this trip was also better than in years past. You would think that the recipes are all the same but when there is a chef change, there is a noticeable difference. In this case it was very good.

Other G.O's worth mentioning that made this trip special are Nancy from reception, Jimmy from purchasing and the sailing team Eric, Fred and Anita. Thank you all for a great trip. See you next year.

And last but not least, Christian was the acting Chief of the Village. Christian did an outstanding job in this role. He engaged with the guests as you would expect, kept the village alive and spirited and made sure everyone was having a good time. There is no doubt in my mind that Christian is ready for the next step in having his own village. Great job Christian!

Room Tip: If you are a scuba diver, request buidling A, B or C. A is closest to the dive shack. If you are int...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Vitamin_Vito

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,125)
Brasileia, AC
Reviewed 18 November 2013

For the most part, the Caribbean is filled with many nice hotels which feature excellent accommodations including great rooms, great beds, wonderful food, excellent activities, and very nice gyms. Club Med in Provo in none of these things. While most of us are not interested in spending much time in the hotel room, Club Med Provo does not even allow what little time you do spend in the room to be worthy of your money. The only redeeming quality is the long list of included activities available to hotel guests. The beach is very nice and Club Med has paddle boards, sailboats, water bikes, snorkel and dive gear available, beach volleyball, trapeze, etc.

While I found the staff to be very, very nice, the accommodations absolutely suck and the food is low grade dog food, at best. I'm not a FaceBook type of guy, meaning that I am not generally interested in broadcasting my life to strangers, nor am I enthusiastic about have to "interview" every time I want to eat dinner.

While noe of the things I mention in my review are really particularly unbearable, the bottom line is that there are countless other places in the Caribbean in which you can receive a whole lot more value for your hard earned money and vacation days.

I think, generally speaking, Club Med is staffed by young, under-paid student types who are working for Club Med as part of their experience list. The Club Med guest, generally speaking, is a particular sort of traveler who knows exactly what Club Med has to offer, and what it lacks.

I have stayed at this location many, many times (all for business) and while I always enjoyed my stay the horrible gym, crappy rooms, and poor food quality always reminded me why I'd never return to this location if I were paying the bill.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank S G
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Almost everything about this place is perfect! It's honestly like being in paradise. A giant playground for grownups; and I emphasize "grownups" because it's an Adult Only resort. Hey I love kids as much as the next guy, but when I'm on vacation I want peace, quiet, and relaxation(during the day) and not children screaming, running wild, and splashing me in the pool. Not to say that there aren't a ton of daytime activities & entertainment to enjoy if you so choose. It's really never a dull moment there. The nighttime activities & shows are even bigger and better. The food is amazing, the rooms are comfortable and clean, and the beach & water are picturesque. My favorite part, by far, was definitely the staff and the personal attention they give each and every guest. They eat with you, party with you, try to get to know everyone on a first name basis, and go out of their way to make your feel included in everything going on at the resort. That's what really makes Club Med stand out from other vacation spots. The only complaints I have are the bugs (came home with many bites on me, although the rest of my family only had a few if any), you have to pay to use their WiFi (even on the PCs in the lobby which are incredibly slow & obv not wireless), there are surprisingly no hammocks or a Jacuzzi, and among the many various activities they have daily, there is no karaoke. Overall, the good far outweighs the bad. I've made many new friends whom I hope to keep in touch with, and I am already planning my next trip back. Best vacation ever!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank CaribbeanQueen83
Weeki Wachee, Florida
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Club Med Turkoise resort was very nice? Could use a little touching up though. Needs some updating as far as the outside. A new coat of paint would do wonders. No complaints about the room. Very clean & housekeeping staff were great ! Hoping to return again, but all in all...who does stay in the room when you have a spectacular beach to enjoy everyday & plenty of activities to enjoy everyday !!!

Room Tip: B building was awesome...very quiet & a great view of the beach !
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rita W
Weeki Wachee, Florida
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Just came back for Provo. Stayed from 11/2 to 11/9. Club Med was awesome !!! The GO team were so friendly & helpful ! This was my 1st time at Club Med & am looking forward to going again next year. The place could use a little sprucing up...painting, but rooms, food, staff and entertainment were super !! If you've never been to Turks... This is the place to go....bonus...No kids !!!! What a getaway....pure paradise !!!!!

Room Tip: We're were in room 1134... Great view of the beach ,
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rita W
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The overall experience was amazing. I traveled alone just needing a vacation and it really ended up being the trip of a lifetime. All the staff (or GO's as they are referred to) are so warm, friendly and genuine. The activities were great, including the snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding and sailing. I met many wonderful people who were also traveling alone. The night life was spectacular, there was a party every night and you never felt by yourself because every one, guests and staff were so inclusive. The weather was also great, sunny and hot everyday! Accommodations were nice and clean and the food was also fair. If you are wanting a relaxing vacation, lots of activities and amenities included with a great night life, I would highly recommend Club Med!!!

Room Tip: High floor, near the pool
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Laura S
pearldvg
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was very fortunate to have another opportunity to stay at Club Med in Turks and Caicos November 2nd through 9th and had a wonderful time. I am a big fan of Club Med resorts in general because of their laid back, unpretentous feel and the GO teams that go above and beyond what is required. At Turks and Caicos the beach is amazing and the water is truly turqoise. The food is varied and plentiful and this time around I chose to forego the chocolate bread (which is fabulous) and make this somewhat of a fitness trip. I must give a hearty endorsement of this GO team because they are what ultimately helped make this vacation memborable. Although I didn't have time to participate in every activity because I had signed up for the go-beachfest volleyball vacation on the premises, I did take several exercise classes, aqua gym in the pool and tennis lessons. The stretching class, taught most days by Patricia was a relaxing way to start my day, after that Jake- the lands sports GO and former linebacker-tortured me (in a good way) with a challenging butt and abs workout and there was still time for aqua gym class which was vigorous but fun because Bryce led it. Bryce was a definite favorite GO because you just felt he truly likes people and wasn't simply going through the motions. When we ran into him at Da Conch Shack ( a local favorite) he convinced my husband and I to try the raw Conch -thanks Bryce! I absolutely have to mention that the administration did an excellent job and runs a tight ship. When the tennis pro sustained a knee injury - a new pro arrived within a day or two from Colorado to take over. The new Pro - Roger was an amazing instructor and my husband (advanced level) and myself (intermediate) both had great lessons. The equipment was first rate and I tried out a brand new Babelot raquet which I loved. My only complaint is that I had to pay 50 dollars for wi-fi for the week - silly, I feel, at an all inclusive resort. My only regret is that our stay was for one week - 10 days would have been perfect.

Room Tip: Take a walk into town - you simply walk along the beach and can exit right at the little shopping ar...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple