Never have I felt so inclined to jump on my computer and write a review, but our experience this past week has been nothing short of a trip of a lifetime! My girlfriend and I just returned from a week at Club Med Turkoise, and wow!
So the supposed bad stuff: Being the aristocrat that I am, I was a bit apprehensive about some of the negative reviews about the outdated condition of the resort as well as the quality of food from an all inclusive resort. With expectations a bit low, we were SO pleasantly surprised. Yes, the rooms are a bit older, but they were very well maintained, and cleaning services came in daily. Honestly, we were totally happy with our room. Again, not the high quality finishes you might see elsewhere, but this minor compromise is totally outweighed by the amenities, service and location the resort offers. Food was also better than expected. Again, not high quality, but totally enjoyable with numerous options for each meal.
Also worth noting, the resort's capacity is much smaller than expected, while the resort itself is very large, which was such a great thing. The rooms were close to everything - the restaurant/bar, beach and activities, so walking the resort was so easy, and we were never fighting to get through crowds of people, tables for dinner or even chairs on the beach. That convenience should not be overlooked.
So the good...scratch that...amazing stuff: The staff. Blown away! The general manager was just incredible and the whole entire team were full of energy, super friendly and accomodating, and really made the experience all the more enjoyable. There were fun shows each night to enjoy and the staff in it's entirety (from the chefs to the the GO team) were just so involved and lively, that it really made our vacation that much better. I honestly can't say enough about how impressed we were. They truly made our trip exponentially better.
I've travelled the world and picked Turks and Caicos because we were in search of the best beach, water and ocean activities we could find. The beach has got to be one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen. It was rated best beach of 2013 and was well worthy of that award. Simply paradise.
No shortage of activities, including free snorkeling trips twice a day (turtles, reef sharks, barracuda and countless tropical fish were seen while we were there) as well as sailing. We opted to takle advantage of several of the activities to pay for, which if you have the financial means,I totally encourage you to check out. Our favorite was horseback riding along the beach (including a bit in the ocean itself!). We also did a bunch of other excursions, such as a separate snorkeling/island tour as well as a sunset sail. Everything was totally worth the money. I'm an avid scuba diver and the staff at the resort were so wonderful and friendly. They took us to a few sites, and while the reef itself was not the best I've seen, we still saw plenty of amazing color and sea life. The water was a bit rough from a recent storm, so visibility wasn't the best either, but no complaints on the scuba experience.
So I gave the trip 6 stars out of 5. Many thanks to the staff who made our trip as amazing as it was. On our flight back to Boston, both my girlfriend and I agreed that our next vacation would be through Club Med again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An adult-only all inclusive resort in Turks & Caicos with gorgeous award-winning beaches and thrilling watersports. Travel to Club Med Turkoise with your friends or alone to enjoy an all-inclusive vacation in beachfront tropical scenery on the island of Providenciales, in the Caribbean Sea. Stay at this upscale all-inclusive adult resort and experience a vacation as carefree as exciting. Relax on a beach chair or indulge in the ultimate in water sports and fun activities. As one of the best all-inclusive resorts reserved exclusively for adults, this beautiful location is a destination that allows singles and couples to enjoy their getaway like they never have before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp so you can book your Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks And Caicos
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Hotel Providenciales
- Club Med Turks Caicos
- Club Med Providenciales
- Turks Caicos Club Med
- Providenciales Club Med
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales