After much research on where to stay on Provo (resort, hotel or villa rental) we chose Club Med. Having never been to the island before, we had nothing to compare things to, so it came down to dollars (very reliable) and reviews (unreliable and all over the board). Overall, it was a great trip.and the right choice.
Club Med is much smaller and the facilities very outdated when compared to Beaches. That being said, you can't beat the value. The outsides of the buildings leave a bit to be desired (peeling paint, missing or broken facades) and the rooms are akin to a 70s-80s motel, but the rooms are spacious, clean and functional - and honestly, how much time will you be spending in your room? The resort is a place where you can do everything or nothing; it's your choice.
Food and drinks were varied and plentiful. The main restaurant is buffet style. Each night has a theme & we were lucky enough to be there for Asian night so got our fill of sushi. There is also a specialty restaurant (Lucayan) on site which is open a couple times/wk and offers a 4-course sit-down meal and requires reservations. Well worth waiting in line 30mins to get the reservations for our party of 6! There is also Sharkies, the combo bar/snack shack by the beach. There is much to do IF you choose to do so, and the daily activities are posted so planning is easy.
The staff was generally good; a small resort employs a small staff, but those people are dynamic, personable and multi-talented. Hired for their niche', then cross-trained, you might see the bartender mixing your drink one day, at the front desk another, and in the evening shows. They are a high energy group and most are quite personable if you make the effort to talk with them. The manager was very visible and very hands-on.
The Turkoise resort is an adults only facility, attracting young and old from all walks of life. We never fully noticed the lack of kids until we walked down the beach and saw young children w/their families at nearby hotels. If you want to visit town, it's just a 20-30 min walk down the beach and through an alley by the Seven Stars. Club Med's stretch of beach (Grace Bay) is breathtaking and we alternated between the the beach and pool many times a day.
Take comfort in knowing that once on site, you don't have to open your wallet; there are a few programs (scuba, massages, etc) that are above and beyond and require a separate fee, but there is plenty to do...even my husband who typically dislikes heat and beaches is whining about when we should go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An adult-only all inclusive resort in Turks & Caicos with gorgeous award-winning beaches and thrilling watersports. Travel to Club Med Turkoise with your friends or alone to enjoy an all-inclusive vacation in beachfront tropical scenery on the island of Providenciales, in the Caribbean Sea. Stay at this upscale all-inclusive adult resort and experience a vacation as carefree as exciting. Relax on a beach chair or indulge in the ultimate in water sports and fun activities. As one of the best all-inclusive resorts reserved exclusively for adults, this beautiful location is a destination that allows singles and couples to enjoy their getaway like they never have before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks And Caicos
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Hotel Providenciales
- Club Med Turks Caicos
- Club Med Providenciales
- Turks Caicos Club Med
- Providenciales Club Med
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales