“Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos”

Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
London, United Kingdom
“Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was my second visit to Club Med Turkoise. I had visited last year and enjoyed it very much overlooking the rooms in dire need of repairs. As soon as I arrived I was met by friends and one of the reception staff and shown to my room where I deposited documents and other valuables in the safe, freshened up and joined my friends for dinner. After a couple of days at the resort, I discovered that my passport was missing which I immediately reported to the reception staff and was told to search better which I did together with one of the housekeeping staff to no avail. I then had to report this to the police in Providenciales and after various trips to the airport to ask whether my passport had gone missing there I was told by a reception employee that I would be able to depart as normal because the police report that I had filed was sufficient. This was not the case. I was not allowed on the flight on my departure date and finally was told what to do in order to depart. This meant that I had to return to Club Med not knowing where else to go and then go through the whole procedure of getting a travel document in order to leave Turks which I was able to do after one week.
Upon my arrival home, I see that my travel pass had also been taken and this was kept in another folder in the safe. This confirms my suspect that my safe was opened upon arrival and my documents were stolen. These safes are very easy to open as I once could not open the safe at another Club Med and they sent one of the technicians to open it. My bedroom was on the ground floor which would have facilitated the theft. I can only deduce that my travel pass taken because it can be mistaken for an ID. Of course, I have no proof and cannot make any accusations.
Upon my arrival home, I was sent a bill for which would have been my third week at Club Med Turkoise for US Dollars 2,154 stating that they had given me a 50% discount which was ridiculous as it was nearly what I had paid for the two weeks including the flight from London. It was due to their incompetence and lack of help that I had to stay the extra week. If I had been informed correctly, I would have acted sooner and left as scheduled.
furthermore, I will add that the food at the main restaurant is terrible bordering on inedible and the only good enjoyable part of my stay at Club Med Turkoise was the magnificent beach, Sharkies beach bar and the circus shows.

Room Tip: They advertise some rooms as deluxe and they are exactly the same as the other rooms, dilapidated, e...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sevin H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,154)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

There is something very special about this resort. It's the beautiful beach, the amazing staff and the friendship that are made in paradise. This is our second time back and we had a great time just like before. If you are looking for a great time, great costumer service and the best beach on the island this is the place for you. If you want gourmet food, lavish accommodations it's best you stay elsewhere. The food is not the best, but for what you pay, you can have a decent lunch and go out to dinner every night (amazing restaurants within walking distance) and still pay less than you would any where else on the island. Once again we were taken care of by the wonderful staff. I would like to say that the new management is wonderful and some of the new GOS were incredible hosts. JP who is in charge of the lights for the show was one of my favorite new GOS with his "I can" attitude and his dedication to his job, made or vacation a great one. Bryce as always on top of everything made sure we were taken care of our whole stay. Ben was a great bartender and Salomon and his amazing magic tricks still have me wondering how he does it. We have visited a lot of islands in the Caribbean and this is the only place we have ever come back to.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MAY162009
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here awhile back and Turks/Club Med has one of been of my fav's! I travel a lot & this place ranks as one of the best. The food was excellent, the drinks were tasty & the staff was among the best. I'll break it down in pros & cons.........

Pros - the staff is super friendly & the beaches are big, beautiful and super soft sand. The turquoise water really was awesome. I recall one day we're sitting on the beach, sipping on drinks & the staff brought around plates of fresh fruit. The attention to detail the staff provided was impeccable. The food was really as well. Never had any tummy issues with anything so no worries there.

Cons - It's a bit of a drive/ride from the airport but other than that, it's hard to find any faults or shortcomings of this resort.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Just completed 5 day of diving at Club Med in Turks and Caicos. Completed my PADI open water certification and this was my first time diving after becoming certified. From the time I set foot in the PADI dive shop and worked with Kirby and Lauren I knew I had made the right choice on dive locations. Before setting me up for any diving they asked all the right questions about my diving experience and what I wanted to accomplish while diving at Club Med. Then gave me all the options and it was my decision. Never pushed any of their programs. I took a refresher course the day before my open water diving in the pool where safety points and basics were reviewed. It is worth the time if you have not been diving in some time.
Arrived at dock for first day of diving and the complete procedure was explained in detail. I was the newbie but was made to feel like a seasoned pro at the diving center. From my location on the dive boat, to getting equipment, to what to do upon returning from diving to how to set up for the next day, all was explained. All operated like a well-oiled machine.
The dive boat is large and stable and can accommodate all the divers on board. Food and drink are provided for pre diving, between dives and post diving. Boat leaves at 8 am and returns between 11.30 am and 1.00 pm depending on the dive sites visited. There was a doctor on board the boat each day we were diving. The instructors and the ship captain were constantly monitoring the sea conditions and made changes to the dive sites if needed.
Since this was my first time diving at the Club Med location I elected to dive with an instructor each day. The number of divers assigned to an instructor varied each day from one to four. Dove with Emilie day one, then with Nemo day two, then Jen for day three and four then with Jeremie on day five. All of them had the same agenda, my safety first and foremost. I found all instructors focused on improving my underwater skills. All questions were answered without hesitation no matter how stupid you thought they were. Did not dive with original Nick or the new and improved Nick but they were there for any help you needed. From the detailed briefing about the dive site to checking out the equipment setup of each diver nothing was left to chance. Each day we did two dives at different locations. Dove for 5 days and never repeated a location. Reefs, walls and under water structures we saw them all. Each day visibility 75 to 100 feet if not more. Was able to see sharks and turtles and countless other underwater inhabitants on every dive.
Two things stand out about the diving program at Club Med, professionalism and safety. From start to finish, all first class. Thanks for making my first week of diving a memorable experience.

Room Tip: Request room near dive center (quiet and convenient for diving). Buildings A-D
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank aztravellover007
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The beach is amazing, most of the GO staff are saints, activities are great but... This year from may 27th to june 3rd, the food was bad except for 2 diners out of 7, and one lunch out of 7. When you go to Club Med, you don't expect to not be able to lunch because it's to salty and overcooked and you don't expect 2 bottles of 500 ml of water for 7 days when you have to drink 4 liters a day (the nurse said over there). I went in 2013 and everything was perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is one of the gems in the Caribbean. Perfect turquoise water, amazing and spacious beach, fantastic GO's, lot's of included activities and super fun shows and nightlife. It was great seeing Casey again from previous stays, who made our stay again exceptional. The entire sailing team was a true pleasure, extra shoutout to Anita, Erik, Dylan and Bryce. The bar team was super attentive, especially Ben. Mikey makes the best burgers at Sharkies. Mike, the chief of village was ever present. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ballwin, Missouri
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was my third time to Club Med Turkoise - the last one being ten years ago. We met people who had traveled to this particular club more than 30 times, and I really don't understand why. Yes, the beach is gorgeous and the water amazing, but the Club is literally falling apart. (For example, in the dining room, lighting fixtures were held together with visible scotch tape).

And while the beach is fabulous, it was never groomed, therefore we constantly found cigarette and cigar butts and all kinds of plastic garbage, most notably straws and bottle caps.

Our memory of the last stay was that the food in particular was amazing - not so this time. And yes, we didn't starve, but the food was just acceptable. (unless all you ate were the desserts... they continue to be the only memorable food at this club.)

There were a couple of GO's that were friendly but many were downright sullen or rude.

Our room was located at the very edge of the resort - so at least it was very quiet, and while the bed was comfortable and the shower amenities OK, after a few days the whole room stank of mildew. Not sure how they cleaned the rooms - perhaps just with plain water?

When we first arrived at the resort, we found out that our cell phones did not work (issue on our part - not Club Med's) however the phone in our room also did not work. We asked on four different occasions for someone to come check it out but no one ever showed up.

We were interested in some of the activities offered by the Discovery Center, but the prices were ridiculous, so we never signed up for any of them.

One highlight of our trip was we decided to venture off resort to have dinner one night. We were craving Indian food and checked out Garam Masala. EXCELLENT dinner!

The other MAJOR highlight of our trip was scuba diving - but not with Club Med. We arranged for five days of diving with Flamingo Divers. We had dove with them before and loved them. This time was no exception. Jayne and Mickey are wonderful hosts, excellent dive leaders and all around great folks. They make the whole experience effortless... .from setting up our gear, to storing our gear, and most important to me - they limit the number of divers on their boat to eight! No cattle boat there. Many of our dives were off West Caicos, which had better walls, large animals and healthier reefs.

Finally, while I would go back to Club Med at some point in the future, it would not be Turkoise.

Room Tip: if you need quiet to sleep, then ask for a room as far away from the disco as possible - and on the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple