This was my second visit to Club Med Turkoise. I had visited last year and enjoyed it very much overlooking the rooms in dire need of repairs. As soon as I arrived I was met by friends and one of the reception staff and shown to my room where I deposited documents and other valuables in the safe, freshened up and joined my friends for dinner. After a couple of days at the resort, I discovered that my passport was missing which I immediately reported to the reception staff and was told to search better which I did together with one of the housekeeping staff to no avail. I then had to report this to the police in Providenciales and after various trips to the airport to ask whether my passport had gone missing there I was told by a reception employee that I would be able to depart as normal because the police report that I had filed was sufficient. This was not the case. I was not allowed on the flight on my departure date and finally was told what to do in order to depart. This meant that I had to return to Club Med not knowing where else to go and then go through the whole procedure of getting a travel document in order to leave Turks which I was able to do after one week.
Upon my arrival home, I see that my travel pass had also been taken and this was kept in another folder in the safe. This confirms my suspect that my safe was opened upon arrival and my documents were stolen. These safes are very easy to open as I once could not open the safe at another Club Med and they sent one of the technicians to open it. My bedroom was on the ground floor which would have facilitated the theft. I can only deduce that my travel pass taken because it can be mistaken for an ID. Of course, I have no proof and cannot make any accusations.
Upon my arrival home, I was sent a bill for which would have been my third week at Club Med Turkoise for US Dollars 2,154 stating that they had given me a 50% discount which was ridiculous as it was nearly what I had paid for the two weeks including the flight from London. It was due to their incompetence and lack of help that I had to stay the extra week. If I had been informed correctly, I would have acted sooner and left as scheduled.
furthermore, I will add that the food at the main restaurant is terrible bordering on inedible and the only good enjoyable part of my stay at Club Med Turkoise was the magnificent beach, Sharkies beach bar and the circus shows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An adult-only all inclusive resort in Turks & Caicos with gorgeous award-winning beaches and thrilling watersports. Travel to Club Med Turkoise with your friends or alone to enjoy an all-inclusive vacation in beachfront tropical scenery on the island of Providenciales, in the Caribbean Sea. Stay at this upscale all-inclusive adult resort and experience a vacation as carefree as exciting. Relax on a beach chair or indulge in the ultimate in water sports and fun activities. As one of the best all-inclusive resorts reserved exclusively for adults, this beautiful location is a destination that allows singles and couples to enjoy their getaway like they never have before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med and TravelUp so you can book your Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks And Caicos
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Hotel Providenciales
- Club Med Turks Caicos
- Club Med Providenciales
- Turks Caicos Club Med
- Providenciales Club Med
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales