I stayed as a solo mature female in Club Med for a week from May 9th to May 17th. This was my 1st Caribbean trip ,my 1st Club Med and my 1st All inclusive so i have nothing to compare to. However , I am hooked for all of them now :AL,.Club Med and Caribbean beaches. This vacation was what i needed the most after a hard exhausting year .
I was afraid that i will be feeling too weird all by myself between families and couples but actually it was just the perfect combination.
Rooms: they are basic, but i already knew it when booked, i was actually wondering between RWI and Club med and when made the decision to book, RWI price had gone up so as decided for CM and do not regret it at all. Rooms is the only reason this place gets 4 stars instead of 5 however the room i had in the building E 2nd floor , it was clean , i had face towel and water bottle every day and though close to Sharkies ( music ) and Circus and tennis it was quiet and a place to rest . My room had a garden view.
Beach: no need to say sugar sand , clean beautiful turquoise warm and calm water most of the time, all the ingredients for me to enjoy. Contrary to what i had read plenty of chairs with parasols all the time. You get a card when you check in with which you can get a beach towel every morning and return the beach towel in the evening( do not take them to the room with You due to possible sand flea). May be it was the time of the year but no crowd.The beach is the best part of Grace bay and the biggest.
Food: buffet style: Breakfast was plenty and big choice though if you were late (7-10) there might be somethings missing. but still a lot to choose and for me a bit even too much choice. Lunch was OK but still a lot to choose. However theme dinners every night were really good Some people were turned off with the fact that they had to sit with others( i can understand if you are a young couple) however, i liked the fact that i got to meet lots of amazing people from all around the world.
I always sat outside for the breakfast but for dinner was a bit harder to find a place outside . Still did not mind.
Sharkies and Bar will take care of your snacks , sandwiches and drinks( all included except some wines and alcohols), did not try the wine so can not comment. There is always enough good food to eat or drink and i honestly can not understand the people who complain. i also tried the restaurant ( don't remember the name) was slow but very tasty.
Activities: There is a schedule on a board and i did what i wanted when i wanted as many options. You were not pushed and it was all optional. I tried Zumba ( Richard) Sailing ( don't know their name but awesome young beautiful GO's), took the Armada? trip to the Iguana Island , a nice experience where GO's tried their best to keep us safe, Crazy signs, snorkeling and dance.I am not a sportive person but still enjoyed them all, a lot to try . Would have liked to try tennis but woke up late ( after all it was my vacation :)).
But i also relaxed on the beach with a book or swam in the beautiful warm turquoise water and went for short walks on the beach in the evening.
Every night , there was a show some funny, some really entertaining a few were just ok but overall great. There is a party after the show, never stayed as too exhausted, so can't comment.
Guests: different ages, lots of couples and families with adult children , European , American and Canadian specially Quebecois, but as a solo i was totally fine , people were nice and there were also singles; men and women.
GO"s and Mike ( Mike was there only 2 days when i got there then Tintin the big boss from France replaced him when Mike was away)their energy , kindness and warmth is just amazing loved them all and think they are the best.Warm welcome , warm send off ,warm and kind and caring the whole time.
Overall i loved my vacation.
My regrets: i wish i could have stayed one more week and that T&C Turquoise was not so far from Vancouver , Canada and that i would have tried few things that i had planned to do but too lazy and tired after 12 hours trip to do ( i needed 2 weeks).
Loved it so much that want to go back as soon as money and time would permit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An adult-only all inclusive resort in Turks & Caicos with gorgeous award-winning beaches and thrilling watersports. Travel to Club Med Turkoise with your friends or alone to enjoy an all-inclusive vacation in beachfront tropical scenery on the island of Providenciales, in the Caribbean Sea. Stay at this upscale all-inclusive adult resort and experience a vacation as carefree as exciting. Relax on a beach chair or indulge in the ultimate in water sports and fun activities. As one of the best all-inclusive resorts reserved exclusively for adults, this beautiful location is a destination that allows singles and couples to enjoy their getaway like they never have before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med and TravelUp so you can book your Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks And Caicos
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Hotel Providenciales
- Club Med Turks Caicos
- Club Med Providenciales
- Turks Caicos Club Med
- Providenciales Club Med
- Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales