“Most relaxing and best vacations ever”

Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
vancouver
“Most relaxing and best vacations ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed as a solo mature female in Club Med for a week from May 9th to May 17th. This was my 1st Caribbean trip ,my 1st Club Med and my 1st All inclusive so i have nothing to compare to. However , I am hooked for all of them now :AL,.Club Med and Caribbean beaches. This vacation was what i needed the most after a hard exhausting year .

I was afraid that i will be feeling too weird all by myself between families and couples but actually it was just the perfect combination.

Rooms: they are basic, but i already knew it when booked, i was actually wondering between RWI and Club med and when made the decision to book, RWI price had gone up so as decided for CM and do not regret it at all. Rooms is the only reason this place gets 4 stars instead of 5 however the room i had in the building E 2nd floor , it was clean , i had face towel and water bottle every day and though close to Sharkies ( music ) and Circus and tennis it was quiet and a place to rest . My room had a garden view.
Beach: no need to say sugar sand , clean beautiful turquoise warm and calm water most of the time, all the ingredients for me to enjoy. Contrary to what i had read plenty of chairs with parasols all the time. You get a card when you check in with which you can get a beach towel every morning and return the beach towel in the evening( do not take them to the room with You due to possible sand flea). May be it was the time of the year but no crowd.The beach is the best part of Grace bay and the biggest.
Food: buffet style: Breakfast was plenty and big choice though if you were late (7-10) there might be somethings missing. but still a lot to choose and for me a bit even too much choice. Lunch was OK but still a lot to choose. However theme dinners every night were really good Some people were turned off with the fact that they had to sit with others( i can understand if you are a young couple) however, i liked the fact that i got to meet lots of amazing people from all around the world.
I always sat outside for the breakfast but for dinner was a bit harder to find a place outside . Still did not mind.
Sharkies and Bar will take care of your snacks , sandwiches and drinks( all included except some wines and alcohols), did not try the wine so can not comment. There is always enough good food to eat or drink and i honestly can not understand the people who complain. i also tried the restaurant ( don't remember the name) was slow but very tasty.

Activities: There is a schedule on a board and i did what i wanted when i wanted as many options. You were not pushed and it was all optional. I tried Zumba ( Richard) Sailing ( don't know their name but awesome young beautiful GO's), took the Armada? trip to the Iguana Island , a nice experience where GO's tried their best to keep us safe, Crazy signs, snorkeling and dance.I am not a sportive person but still enjoyed them all, a lot to try . Would have liked to try tennis but woke up late ( after all it was my vacation :)).

But i also relaxed on the beach with a book or swam in the beautiful warm turquoise water and went for short walks on the beach in the evening.

Every night , there was a show some funny, some really entertaining a few were just ok but overall great. There is a party after the show, never stayed as too exhausted, so can't comment.

Guests: different ages, lots of couples and families with adult children , European , American and Canadian specially Quebecois, but as a solo i was totally fine , people were nice and there were also singles; men and women.
GO"s and Mike ( Mike was there only 2 days when i got there then Tintin the big boss from France replaced him when Mike was away)their energy , kindness and warmth is just amazing loved them all and think they are the best.Warm welcome , warm send off ,warm and kind and caring the whole time.

Overall i loved my vacation.
My regrets: i wish i could have stayed one more week and that T&C Turquoise was not so far from Vancouver , Canada and that i would have tried few things that i had planned to do but too lazy and tired after 12 hours trip to do ( i needed 2 weeks).

Loved it so much that want to go back as soon as money and time would permit.

Room Tip: I would recommend higher floors, do not think it is worth to pay extra for deluxe rooms as almost th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mooshi007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,127)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Really felt welcomed on the first, middle and last days. I think the GO's really enjoy their jobs, which makes it easy to have a great time! One problem was the lack of face cloths. I don't know if it was this particular place, but it was like a hot commodity! We had to ask DAILY for them, and housekeeping seemed to have a problem with us asking. Tips are given when it's a stress-free environment: not when we're worried about face cloths on a daily basis. Also we had a bug problem. Perhaps having sealant under the door between the door and the ground for the ground floor rooms would be helpful, as well as housekeeping NOT keeping the door open to clean the room. The island itself was beautiful, and the restaurants were outstanding!

Room Tip: you DO NOT want a ground level room due to the bugs who love to walk in!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
The mountains of Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

After reading reviews from fusspots and nutties, let's set the record straight. If your ego requires polished marble lobbies and banks of bronze elevators then this is not the place for your vacation. If you want to leave all that behind, then Turkoise is the place to relax, have fun and participate in all sorts of activities. The food is excellent. particularly if you decide to spend a week eating "healthy" because the choices are extensive and flavorful. The rooms are certainly pleasant even if the buildings themselves are not opulent. It's vacation - who cares!
What makes the place fun is the effervescent staff, entertaining you and leading you in multiple activities. I enjoyed the Hobies and never got time to take out the kayaks. As for diving, Kirby runs a tight ship and be assured all PADI procedures are followed .It was pleasant if not dazzling. Emily, a little dynamo of energy, can conduct a fun dive in English or French.
Bottom line:Would I go back? Absolutely!

Room Tip: Fearing noise from the dance party and bar, I was given a room far away, near the dive shop. Lovely...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank rivaVT
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our stay this past week at Club Med Turks and Caicos was a wonderful experience. The G.O. staff was probably the best we have met. This was our fourth trip to a Club Med, each of them accompanied by a large group of friends from our +55 community in Peoria, AZ. Mike Clark (the village chief) and Elinore (reception manager) did everything they could to make our stay memorable and a pleasure.
The food was served buffet style and I had no trouble at all finding dishes that were delicious. Drinks of course were part of the all inclusive resort. The Lucayan specialty restaurant was excellent.
Lots of sporting events (sailing, paddle boarding, scuba, snorkeling, kayaking, trapeze, tennis and for us, the most spectacular beach we have ever seen with white sand and absolutely the clearest turquoise water that was about 82 degrees, perfect for a refreshing swim.
The evening shows by the staff of G.O.’s (Gracious Organizers) were always high energy and the trapeze shows included some guests who practiced and put on a great performance.
One bonus for us was meeting David and Claudia Craver. Craver played his guitar and sang almost every evening at Sharkie’s, the beach bar and grill. He did a lot of upbeat songs and had the place jumping. Craver has a wonderful sense of humor and he’s a really good musician/songwriter from Atlanta. He has submitted a proposal to Club Med to begin an open mike program that would allow guests to perform using equipment provided by the club. My husband and friend were honored to be the first at Club Med Turks and Caicos to test out the open mike concept and they had a ball. We can’t thank Dave enough and hope this program takes off with lots of participation.
We found the rooms were showing their age but were clean and comfortable.
We can’t remember the names of all the G.O.’s but all of them were friendly and helpful. To name a few, we have special praise for Ben, Teddy, Meagan, Richard, Jean Pierre (JP) and Bryce.
We would definitely like to return to Club Med Turks and Caicos.

Room Tip: We had an ocean view room near Sharkie's Bar and Grill
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bernards4
Vernon, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed this week and had an amazing time. The price was very reasonable for everything that was included, unlimited drinks and buffet style meals 3 times a day, along with the various activities included around the village. The G.M. Mike was amazingly involved with al of his staff, and some of my favorites were Benny, Megan, Teddy, Benny and Jel. Highly recommend this for an adult vacation. Very fun and beautiful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was my second visit to Club Med Turkoise. I had visited last year and enjoyed it very much overlooking the rooms in dire need of repairs. As soon as I arrived I was met by friends and one of the reception staff and shown to my room where I deposited documents and other valuables in the safe, freshened up and joined my friends for dinner. After a couple of days at the resort, I discovered that my passport was missing which I immediately reported to the reception staff and was told to search better which I did together with one of the housekeeping staff to no avail. I then had to report this to the police in Providenciales and after various trips to the airport to ask whether my passport had gone missing there I was told by a reception employee that I would be able to depart as normal because the police report that I had filed was sufficient. This was not the case. I was not allowed on the flight on my departure date and finally was told what to do in order to depart. This meant that I had to return to Club Med not knowing where else to go and then go through the whole procedure of getting a travel document in order to leave Turks which I was able to do after one week.
Upon my arrival home, I see that my travel pass had also been taken and this was kept in another folder in the safe. This confirms my suspect that my safe was opened upon arrival and my documents were stolen. These safes are very easy to open as I once could not open the safe at another Club Med and they sent one of the technicians to open it. My bedroom was on the ground floor which would have facilitated the theft. I can only deduce that my travel pass taken because it can be mistaken for an ID. Of course, I have no proof and cannot make any accusations.
Upon my arrival home, I was sent a bill for which would have been my third week at Club Med Turkoise for US Dollars 2,154 stating that they had given me a 50% discount which was ridiculous as it was nearly what I had paid for the two weeks including the flight from London. It was due to their incompetence and lack of help that I had to stay the extra week. If I had been informed correctly, I would have acted sooner and left as scheduled.
furthermore, I will add that the food at the main restaurant is terrible bordering on inedible and the only good enjoyable part of my stay at Club Med Turkoise was the magnificent beach, Sharkies beach bar and the circus shows.

Room Tip: They advertise some rooms as deluxe and they are exactly the same as the other rooms, dilapidated, e...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sevin H
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

There is something very special about this resort. It's the beautiful beach, the amazing staff and the friendship that are made in paradise. This is our second time back and we had a great time just like before. If you are looking for a great time, great costumer service and the best beach on the island this is the place for you. If you want gourmet food, lavish accommodations it's best you stay elsewhere. The food is not the best, but for what you pay, you can have a decent lunch and go out to dinner every night (amazing restaurants within walking distance) and still pay less than you would any where else on the island. Once again we were taken care of by the wonderful staff. I would like to say that the new management is wonderful and some of the new GOS were incredible hosts. JP who is in charge of the lights for the show was one of my favorite new GOS with his "I can" attitude and his dedication to his job, made or vacation a great one. Bryce as always on top of everything made sure we were taken care of our whole stay. Ben was a great bartender and Salomon and his amazing magic tricks still have me wondering how he does it. We have visited a lot of islands in the Caribbean and this is the only place we have ever come back to.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple