“delivers as promised...”

Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
“delivers as promised...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

just a great resort on a beautiful beach on a beautiful island. fun activities all over. played some golf nearby on a good course. enjoyed the food and the drinks. overall just a fun resort and one that you will enjoy. old and young.

Room Tip: get close to the main pool
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,127)
Mammoth Lakes, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Absolutely beautiful, one of a kind location. Accommodations are comfortable enough but not necessary because this resort is all about activities and sports, so if done right you can sleep anywhere. The food and beverage is good, but when related to the price paid, it is amazing!! I went with the intention of lots of SCUBA diving. The dive locations and the dedicated dive center was wonderful, but was incredible because of the staff. Nick R. and especially Jen Keays made the whole experience truly special and were invaluable to the uniqueness and fun and enjoyment of my entire family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Matt L
Spruce Pine, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

What a wonderful vacation..Can't wait to return next year!!! The staff was amazing and the beach was overwhelming. The rooms were ok and the food was better than I had expected. No real need to leave the resort, everything you need is there.
I don't understand how anyone can write a bad review,there is always something to do!!!! If you can really go to club med and not enjoy yourself it is all on you.
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome....!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in D or E sections, they are close to the dining hall and Sharkies...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff R
Ridgewood, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I reviewed this resort about 10 months ago. I wrote that I would not go there again as a single man. I should have listened to me own advice again.
I went there again specifically to do deep sea fishing. I thought I had it all set up. I got two days in the first two days (one bad day and one good day). But the other three days I was supposed to go did not happen. that was not Club Meds fault. I fault the other person that was to share the charter and also Grand Slam fishing by dropping me from the boat (possibly over booked the morning trip).
First positives -
The cook crew of Fred and Mike and two others that I do not know their names were absolutely terrific! No complaints at all on the food in the main hall. Although the special restaurant was very average for all of the talk. Mike and Fred went way above the call of duty. Thank you both.
The nurse and I reconciled even though I feel I did it just to keep things positive during my trip. She was in denial. Sweet lady though.
Most of the GO's that were there were nice and work hard and long hours.
Rooms were ok the A/C in the E wing was barely working on the third floor. But it was enough to be almost comfortable.
The beach was wonderful as usual. If you have problems with the sun ( like I do) there is a surf shop that sells the sun block swim guard shirts across the street of the blue roof hotel down the beach. The shirts saved me from getting burnt. A very good investment.
Now the negatives -
The beer and wine is non alcoholic. I tried to get buzzed on either, I could not. That includes the sparkling wine. The sparkling wine is the better tasting of the group but not real good. Note they kept on running out of the wine / sparkling wine a lot.
I did have the turk beer in a bottle or a can on the fishing boats I went on two different days. Much better.
The biggest negative was again the "invisibility" of the older men like myself. The attractive women there whether they were younger or a little bit older were all looking for that trist with the GO men or just wanted to be alone. Just my perception.
But worse this time was that most of the guests there were couples. So I talked with mostly couples during my trip.
Funny though, the ladies who were placing people at tables during lunch and dinner placed me with the "other old men". So there was the "old Man " table. After one time of this I just ignored the ladies placing people and found my own table.
Ok again enough with the crazy sign dances. they are getting more stupid as the years go by. I have been to the club med resorts 12 times in the last 20 years. Sorry but they are just stupid line dances ...... esp when you are very sober! Maybe if you could get very buzzed they may be more fun ...... just maybe. But remember the free beer and wine will not get you buzzed at all.
Again the shows at night are the same stuff rehashed again and again. and also they are so "church picnic" or PC conservative they have become snoozers. I just went back to my room after dinner the last three nights. Sleep was better than staying up for that stuff.
Many of us discussed the past Club Med (22 years ago) and the current club med. We were all in agreement about the PC conservativeness of club med. Just not fun unless you are really into a particular sport there.
There were some complaints about the scuba (I did not go). It was that they were always going back to the same spot.
Oh note that Sharky's fries have lost their lure! The cook just purred standard fries precooked (cold) on my plate and that was it. there was other spices on the side if you want to do that yourself. Never ate there again.
Again in summation, if you are an older man (over 50) as a single looking for a resort to meet ladies you will be disappointed (unless you have some type of "thing" that brings you into the limelight).
This resort is mainly for the young singles and couples (any age).
Do not be led on by the Club Med people otherwise.
It was my fault that I went there again as a single. I also realize that (as a single) trying to deep sea fish many days there is extremely difficult. I have learned that lesson too.
Note that it seems that all of the deep sea fishing boats go to the "northwest" area of the ocean by the island. They do not go elsewhere. I was told this due to gas expenditures and time. I was also told finally that the better place to fish for large fish is to the south of the island which would take more gas and time to get there from Providentiales.
If I am ever a couple, I may go back to this resort. But as a couple, there are MANY OTHER RESORTS THAT CATER TO COUPLES.
Sorry if I am telling you like it is.
John

Room Tip: Upper floors are better, A, B, and C wings have a new A/C unit.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank John I
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We recently returned from a great week long vacation at Club Med Turkoise. We travelled as a family with our 3 children (23, 21, 18). This was our 13th Club Med vacation and even though our previous vacations were outstanding, this one exceeded our expectations.

I think this experience was so amazing because as an adult only club, our children were able to interact with many more guests of similar ages. The setting is exquisite with the most beautiful beach and ocean and the entire GO team was exceptional.

It was obvious that the staff all respected and enjoyed working for the Chief of the Village, Mike Clarke. Mike had such a positive impact on the performance and attitude of the entire GO team. He is by far the best Chief of the Village we have experienced in all of our Club Med vacations.

The GO team that Mike assembled had a large part to play in making our vacation so memorable. From the effervescent Richard (land sports) to the calm and pleasant Paula (reception), each one deserves a shout out. Here are some of the Go’s who come to mind.
Patrick led a great circus team that included very talented and fun Go’s, Marifer and Kory. We got to burn some calories and had a lot of fun with Alex, Carly, Richard, Tonio and Jel. The great sailing (and rescue team) of Casey, Derf, Thor and Francis were kind, patient and a lot of fun. The snorkeling and scuba were exceptional and all the staff were knowledgeable a lot of fun.

The bar staff (Jess,Meghan, Manu, Alex, Jimmy and Ben) kept the drinks flowing and J.P kept the party going. A special mention to “GNOBLI” a.k.a Manu, for his great card tricks.

Ara (chief of entertainment) and Teddy (chief of sports) complimented Mike very well and they helped ensure great entertainment and activities.

Soboh and his housekeeping team kept our rooms clean and bug free and our towels plentiful. He was very entertaining too. Rudy, we are so sorry about Italy and the World Cup but you do have a wonderful massage team. We also enjoyed meeting Mau, Shantal and Michelle. Samuel (photographer) had a constant smile while working long hours and “Oh my god”, he sent us home with great photos for long lasting memories.

The evening entertainment was very good, and while none of the GO’s are Broadway stars, they are all very talented and the shows were extremely well done and very entertaining. The Friday night dinner and circus show over the pool was fabulous and was our favorite show.

The rooms are very basic and tired looking but perfectly adequate as we were only in the rooms to shower and sleep. The beds were comfortable, the water was hot and towels were plentiful.

The food was fair and inconsistently labeled so you often didn’t know what is was that you could have been eating. It was definitely the weakest of all the villages we have visited. The main dining area would be the first thing on the rehab list if you ask me as it looks like a high school cafeteria and the outside eating space is very limited. We were lucky enough to eat outside for most meals but we visited during the quiet season and the club was only half full. I am sure that during the busier times, this would not have been possible. Sharky’s beach bar was a good option for later afternoon and very late evening dining. The Lucayan restaurant, while only open 3 nights a week, was a very good alternative to the main dining room.

If you want a vacation with fancy rooms, gourmet food and white glove service, this is not the place for you. If you want a fun, casual, active vacation on a magnificent beach and where you meet tons of great people from all over the world, try Club Med Turkoise. We are already planning our return trip – hopefully sooner than later!

Room Tip: Buildings A and B are close to central area and have great beach access.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Glynnis R
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed the first 2 weeks of may 2014. I was a single traveller and as awkward as many other holidays have been as a Single traveller and feeling very much like a third wheel. I was made to feel at home immediately and found the GO team to be friendly and helpful. Looking at other All inclusive packages / what was included for the money being charged found that club med offered great value for money .. .Im a Keen sports person and in particular my Sailing and Windsurfing. Looking at the all inclusive nature of what was being included (accommodation food and alcohol) the level and the Quality of the equipment including the staff (GO's) far exceeded my Expectations. To be precise their were 8 Hobie 'Waves' a 13 ft catamaran. a great entry to intermediate sailing boat that were in new condition. There were 4 Hobie Getaways a 16ft Larger higher performance sailing boat that would comfortably plain with 4 passengers in the right conditions.that were also in practically new condition. Their were also 2 Hobie 16-s the sails were in new condition but the hulls were getting a little tierd.the Hulls are made of a Polyester resign and are a wonderful high performance boat ( I have one at home) but the 'H16' wouldnt get my vote as a resort boat as it is more difficult to sail properly and the hull deteriates quickly under the use and abuse they receive in a resort environment..
I should mention the Sailing team a good bunch of Guys Led by the Chief Casey who organises a well run Regatta on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon an Amada ( 50 guests 5 GO.s) and involves a sailing expedition to the next island which is an excellent afternoon spent. .Special mention also to the rest of the sailing team Anita, Thor, Patrick ,Bryce, Fancis and Derf . The entertainment was excellent and there is a wonderful talent pool /in the shows including Richard, Corey Tedd, Ben, Mike, and a whole host of others whose names elude me (it has been 6 weeks ago)
accommodation = I stayed near the 2200 building near Sharkies Bar I would say that it was comfortable 3 star accomodation and if you are worried that your flat screan TV is not big enough maybe Club med shouldnt be your first choice. If you like to socialise meet people from all over the world and love your sports club Med Turks is for you..
There are many other well Run activities with the Circus team Patrick and Corey and the Landsports Teams but in a roundup of my vacation experience was that Mike Clarke ( the resort manager) does an excellent job, is approachable and runs a pretty tight ship and there is generally a good feel to the Place.My stay was very enjoyable and wouldn't hesitate to go back and sail on those wonderful tourkoise waters again ! .

Room Tip: I liked the sailing /tennis so stayed in Room 2200 which is close to the activities I wantd to do.w...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank 2510RichardL
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

First time in Club Med and we are hooked! Great beach, great activities and lots of friendly people enjoying a good time. No complain about the food, if you want to eat healthy, plenty of veggies and salads. The breads are to die for.... all sorts of breads to choose from every day. A big thank you to Janine, one of the waitresses for always finding us a table outside on the patio. All the GO were so helpful and nice. Meghan, Eleonor, Nick (snorkeling), the sailing team and Mike, the Chef du Village, all of them doing a great work to keep us entertained. The rooms are not fancy but comfortable and clean and that's all you need! We never go back to the same place twice but we may make an exception withTurkoise. We had a great week and wish we stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple