“Club Service”

Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Toronto, Ontario
“Club Service”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

It was my seventh (7th) visit to Club Med Turks, a lot of positive changes were made, with the lounge chairs by the pool on the beach and by the theatre, along with comfortable wicker couches set around the club. The food was still good, maybe not as much variety as before, but okay.

I found the reception staff to be lost in not knowing their own club policies when I had complained about an issue that they have posted in writing, on the beach canopies about not leaving towels more than 30 minutes or have them removed, yet they were left over night, so people could reserve the chairs. The reception staff stated, they had no such policy in place, yet it is in writing by Club Med Mgt.

I was also surprised to see them charging $5 for an hours use on the internet, when you really only need it for a few minutes, for an all inclusive club, I found this strange, as I had been to La Paz, Bolivia, a place so poor that even their internet access was "free".

The music around the pool and beach bar was the same all the time, remix played over and over and in french. I had submitted a comment about this before on another trip for more variety, yet obviously that hasn,t changed.

The GO,s in the past were more friendly, I found them to want to hang out with them selves in a group than stop and see how you were doing, this also goes for the Chief of the village, in past he/she would always be seen chatting with guests or walking on the beach to see if you were happy or had any issues.

Over all, I,ll still go back for the location, the beach and the weather.

Room Tip: Building block "D" is your best bet, closer to the beach, newly renovated and close to the...
2 Thank peter l

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,138)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at this resort for seven days in the month of June 2014. I'm in my early forties, into water sports and relaxing at the beach. My honest opinion: If you're looking for a typically comfortable hotel with at least 4 star amenities this will disappoint you. The hotel is old and would rate in itself as 2 star. The only air conditioned place is your room, which again, is quite basic but I had no problems except for bugs coming in when the door was opened as it leads directly to a balcony. Beds passably comfortable. They change almost all bath towels daily even if you don't ask for it. No elevators. The hotel consists of about 6 separate buildings in an outdoor setting.

Reception is completely outside. One somewhat small swimming pool. The main eating restaurant is the buffet - generally average food, but depending on the menu for the day, some meals were decent. If you're her alone, expect that you might be seated with strangers, though for some that's a good thing. There is a dingy snack bar called Sharkies that only offers fast food and only one restaurant where you can reserve a table every two days from what I recall. We enjoyed our meals and the service was great.

Overall, the service is good from the wait staff and the GO's that entertain with good shows every evening. They're super friendly and talented - kudos to you! The reception service leaves something to be desired as I and several other guests had issues that weren't taken care of promptly.

There were about as many couples as there were singles so it's not specifically a hotbed for singles, at least not when I was there. Apparently winter is their high season.

Beach: gorgeous and long enough for a good walk with clean, deep sand. Lots of fish swim near the coast including barracudas which can be dangerous if you tease them or get in their way. Drawback: no umbrellas by the shore - just lounge chairs. The umbrellas are located on the beach but about 50 feet from the shore.

Activities: kayaking, sailing, snorkelling were included in my package and they are well organized and scheduled daily with choice of departures. I don't scuba dive so I don't know if this was included in the package. I snorkelled once and it was an overall good experience - saw several tropical fish, but the coral reef wasn't pretty - mostly pale and I suspect affected by the environment. The scuba excursion goes out further in the sea of course and I did hear from one diver that he thoroughly enjoyed his experience, especially encountering turtles in close proximity. "Harmless" sharks are in these waters too.

Entertainment: apart from the shows every evening, the GO's get people dancing at the bar. The drinks I had were good, served by friendly staff. There are pool and ping pong tables, a large TV near the bar and several sofas. That's it for night time fun. I wasn't keen on hanging around the bar and dancing every night so my friends and I went out to nearby restaurants and other hotel bars a couple of times. Super pricy but good escape.

Checkout was 10 am and we had to lounge around in the heat for our bus ride to the airport at 1:00.

I didn't regret going on this trip but I do feel that it wasn't worth the cost given the basic and limited amenities. I just wouldn't go again because I like the comfort and amenities of a 4 star hotel and from a personal viewpoint, the bar entertainment was more fitting to a 20-something crowd.

Room Tip: If you need a quiet room at night get a room far from the main bar area. My room in building C was q...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tammie X
Deer Park, NY
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Ok so I stayed here from July 18-23. I had a wedding at Beaches and basically did not want to be mobbed with children or pay almost $6,000 for 6 days. I knew I wanted an all-inclusive as i didn't want to have to search around for my meals, etc. Club Med was all-inclusive and adults only, so basically it fit what I was looking for.
Arrival-
We scheduled an airport transfer with Club Med which was easy and fairly cheap. When we arrived at the resort (about a 15 minute drive) we were greeted with GOs waving and cheering the arrival, in addition to playing the song "Happy". I thought it was cute. They also offered water and iced tea. A GO gave us our bracelets and brought us to our room. I would give the arrival process 5/5.
The Room
We were in the B building which was kind of off to the side from the center of the village, but that was fine. It was a short walk to the beach from our room. The room obviously had been painted recently. It was a deluxe room, but very no frills. Bed was ok, bathroom was ok, TV was a decent sized flat screen that got a surprising amount of channels. The only gripe I have about the room is that the housekeeping comes quite early, and we had no do not disturb sign so two or three times we had to ask her to come back so we could finish getting ready. I would give the room 3/5, but really you're in the room to shower, get ready and sleep.
The Beach
This was hands down the most beautiful beach and water I have ever seen. The Club Med beach was so quiet and you could sit and watch all the goings on in the water right from your palapa. The palapas are plentiful, but not enough for all guests to have one. I would suggest going early and setting
up shop under one, as it is absolutely brutal under that sun with no shade. You can also get beach umbrellas from the towel station, but the umbrellas are kind of small. I would give the beach 5/5, 10/5 it was just that perfect. Also, you can go to the opposite side of the water sports area if you're looking for total peace and quiet.
Restaurant and Bar
The restaurant/buffet is where you get what you pay for comes in to play. The food certainly wasn't inedible, but if you're picky like me, you may end up with fruit or salad on several occasions. Sharkeys is the bar and grill set up by the water sports and they have decent burgers and wraps. The bars are good and the bartenders are good as well-especially Shane-and they have some of their own special drinks that they will make if you ask what they recommend. There is a restaurant on the property called the Lucayan-food was very good but it's only open for dinner every other day. When they say you need to make reservations, they mean it as there is no room the day of to try and get one. The alcohol definitely didn't taste watered down to me. The only thing I'm not crazy about is sometimes you end up sitting with strangers. Sometimes it's a great experience but sometimes you'd rather just sit and not have to force conversation with strangers. Overall I would give it a 3/5.
Activities
This is basically a summer camp for adults as some had said. The pool area is beautiful and not very crowded. Richard, the fitness instructor has
amazing classes and amazing energy-boot camp, butt and abs class, Zumba, water aerobics-and they are pretty spread out so there's no overlap and you can do all of them. The gym is 24 hours so that's good too. Water sports consists of hobby
cat sailing boat thingies, stand up paddle boards, kayaks, club med diving and club med snorkeling. I didn't do any of these but it was clear that plenty of people enjoyed it. I was more interested in the trapeze. In fact I'm going to give them their own
category. They also have a show every night, I mean it's not Broadway but the trapeze show was amazing and the music factory was pretty funny! I would give activities 5/5.
Trapeze
I hate heights. With a passion. The trapeze is 30 feet up and you have to climb a tiny ladder up to a board that you will eventually lean over and jump off of. I was determined to conquer my fear. Half way up the ladder, my irrational (or maybe rational) side kicked in and suggested maybe I didn't really want to do this. Kory, the GO suggested I just try and climb to the top and I would feel better. I trusted him so I finished my ascent. By the time I got there he was doing his best to try and make friendly conversation, but I could barely breathe. He told me if I was afraid, I never had to do it again but if I didn't do it i might regret it. With his guidance and encouragement, I took a leap of faith and jumped. I was so afraid but once I did it I had to keep doing it. All of the people on the circus team-Kory, Patrick, and Marifer were awesome. No pressure and very encouraging. By the end of my trip I had even done a catch and was able to climb the ladder like a pro. By the second day I went up to trapeze, I was little hesitate but definitely more confident. Kory and I chatted about my fear of heights and my fear of flying, he made you feel so relaxed you forget how high up you really are. Thank you Kory, Marifer, and Patrick for a truly awesome experience. Needless to say, 5/5.
Overall-
When I went into Club Med, I had the mentality that if it were that bad I would just stay somewhere else. It really was not that bad. You just can't go in expecting 5 stars, because Club Med doesn't even proclaim it to be a 5 star resort. Just go in expecting amazing beaches, fabulous and friendly staff, and decent food and you will have a great time! I would give the whole experience 4/5 stars.

• Stayed July 2014
9 Thank MsTeacher129
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Turks and Caicos was an amazing vacation and Club Med was a great choice for us. The island is beautiful and we heard from several tour guides that Club Med does in fact have the best slice of land there—after visiting I believe it.

The beach had the clearest, bluest, water I have ever seen. It was something straight out of a post card and we never had any problems getting a beach chair. In fact, there were more people at the pool which seemed crazy to me to travel to the most beautiful beach and hang out by a pool but who am I to judge? The sand was hot though. And deep…so deep that I was actually sore after just walking to and from the water. It was worth it though but plan ahead and bring water shoes because you can’t walk in flip flops because it’s too deep and we literally had to run to keep our feet from burning.

The excursions we went on were wonderful. We went snorkeling at Club Med for free and loved it so much we went four times! We saw a reef shark, beautiful coral, tons of colorful fish and five or six dolphins literally raced our boat for about 10 minutes one day. We also went on a kayak tour to Iguana Island which was so fun and Jason was a very knowledgeable tour guide through the mangroves. We were also lucky enough to see the glow worms mating and light up the ocean. They only do this on the 3rd and 4th day after the full moon so keep this in mind when planning your trip.

The rooms were nice. Not spectacular, but clean and had everything we needed. Who wants to spend their vacation in their room anyway? They stocked them with two water bottles to refill, shampoo, body wash, and lotion as well coffee and tea. You couldn’t use the water to drink or even brush your teeth so we kept our water bottles refilled all the time in the cold fridge. We also got overheated a bit so a cold wet cloth in the fridge was useful when we had too much sun. The TV was small with very few channels and the Internet was spotty at best. We planned to Skype with our kids each night but the only spot we could find that had any service was by a big tree by the main restaurant.

The food was good. We really liked the four course restaurant but it was only open on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays and you had to make reservations at exactly 6:15 the night before. It’s definitely worth doing but the menu stays the same on all three nights so once or twice is enough. The breakfast was good with an omelet bar, pancakes, French toast, yogurt, and all the basics. Lunch was my least favorite but we loved making fish sandwiches using the sandwich press or going to Sharkies to get a fish wrap from Gabrielle. Be careful not to miss breakfast because they only have small snacks until 12:15 when lunch opens. Dinner had theme nights which offered something different every night.

The theme nights each evening also included dress attire. They were pirate night (who packs this?), white out, black and bling, t-shirt, and a few others. Mostly everyone wore swim suits during the day and sun dresses or shorts at night--nothing too fancy.
The GOs were super helpful and worked very hard. We were very thankful to find Meghan and Ben as super bartenders who could make any drink—we sought them out! We also tried the trapeze and the instructors were very helpful and made this new experience very fun.

If You Go, Don’t forget to bring—
-A floatie for the ocean. We gave ours to our favorite GOs when we left and they were incredibly thankful.
-Lots of sunscreen. We saw way too many people frying themselves. Bring lots, you’ll need it.
-A water bottle. You can load it with water or a drink of your choice so you don’t have to head to the bar so often.

Room Tip: They greet you with your room key in hand...there's not a lot of options to choose. I don't...
5 Thank Brenda M
NJ USA
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Turks and Caicos is less than a 3-hour plane ride from NY and has one of the most beautiful beaches in all the world. Club Med offers guests the opportunity be as active (snorkeling, sailing, scuba, trapeze, fitness, etc.) or as lazy (eat, sunbathe, drink, sleep, repeat) as they desire. The staff (GOs) works non-stop to assure everyone a fantastic time, so what you do with it is really up to you. We happen to be loyal fans of Club Med (no worries, no bills, no stress) and enjoy the all-inclusive concept. We've been to several as a family and this was the first time in a long time my husband and I traveled alone. Turquoise is adults-only and it was PERFECT!

I have a bad habit of booking trips and then reading the reviews AFTER THE FACT. When I saw what some people wrote about Club Med Turquoise, I started to panic....but it was too late. lol I can strongly say that all the nonsense about the outdated rooms (Seriously, we were in the room long enough to shower and sleep. The bathroom was modern and worked perfectly and the bed was glorious--especially after a day of sun and activities. We had maid-service 3x per day.), bad food (Every kind of fresh fish, fruit and veggie you can imagine--with "theme nights" ranging from Mexican to Asian to Italian to local cuisine, etc. My husband is more of a foodie than I and he was very happy with every meal. I must warn you, however, the island's specialty is CHOCOLATE BREAD. It sounds nasty and indulgent but, as one of the GO's called it "crack", it is very addictive! Taste it at your own risk! ), disappointing entertainment (Lighten up and enjoy the fun! No, it's not Broadway or the West End, but all of the shows are very well presented. The circus act over the pool was fantastic and I'm sure most of the guests could only dream of performing such tricks and one movie-themed show was so clever and yet so silly, it was hilarious!) You're on vacation and if you CHOOSE to have FUN, you absolutely WILL. If you go to critique every little detail, you will find flaws. (During a stay at the Four Seasons in NYC I had a fluke reaction to their laundry detergent but I most certainly did not trash the hotel!)

In addition to being extremely social and upbeat, all of the GOs are well-trained in their speciality. From the bartenders (Jess and Meagan- who has a crazy drink called the "Screaming Meagan"-- if you like rum- you must try it!) to the Circus crew (Kory, Marrifer, Patrick & Tonio- who will teach you the true meaning and IMPORTANCE of the word HEP--which I will NEVER forget!) to Richard the Fitness Instructor (whose energy level is ridiculous!) to Nemo who specializes in scuba and "dinner entertainment" to Dr. Dre the lighting tech/DJ and last but certainly not least, Mike Clarke, the Chef de Village, a true professional, who can be seen daily mingling with the guests and performing in all the shows and activities. He is 100% hands-on and makes everyone feel incredibly welcome. He was there to greet us upon arrival and was the last face we saw as our bus departed to the airport.

Club Med Turquoise is safe, clean, carefree and a little piece of heaven on Earth. It's also a great deal for your money if you compare it with other hotels in the area (food, drinks, activities are all extra!) If you want to participate in their "theme nights" for dress, check their Facebook page so you know what to pack (Black & Bling, All White, Pirate, etc.) It just adds to the fun! I highly recommend Club Med Turquoise and would return in a heartbeat! ENJOY!!

Room Tip: Buildings A, B & C are on the opposite end of Sharkies- which is the after-hours bar. I can'...
3 Thank LGC02
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Wow! What a great trip to Club Med Turks & Caicos. I took my group of active adults 55+ from Trilogy at Vistancia in Phoenix, Arizona last month in June. They had the time of their lives due to the Chef of the Village Mike and his wonderful team of GO's working there.
They all understood the village is a bit tired but the color of the water, the beach, the activities and fun the team organized for them was World Class. The welcome on the day of the groups arrival was amazing. They were taken to the rooms right away and the rooms are just fine. I don't know what some are saying about the rooms but they are just fine. They are large and kept very clean by the very nice house keepers. The sports and activities were happening all day long with instruction. Most of my group lived on the beach and sailed, paddle boarded, kayaked and swam all day but the highlights was the snorkeling program and scuba diving program that was offered by a real professional team of instructors. My hats goes off to these guys & gals for taking such great care of the groups and the GM's partaking in the program. I've been to the island once before but I don't recall the island being that expensive. I went out with some friends on the island before my group arrived and a beer was $8, a burger was $19 at a sports bar! So glad we stayed at Club Med. Last note I would like to make is the team of GO's lead by Mike who's from Australia. One of the nicest & friendliest GO teams I've seen in years with my groups. They are so nice and always saying hello and if they could do something for us. Bravo team and hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Gregger5
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This review will be quite lengthy because I feel I must give justice to everyone that touched my life. Being the world traveler that I am, determined to see the world.. this place changed me more than any.

This Club Med prides itself on being a very affordable resort for singles, adults, couples and friends, no children allowed. With that taken into consideration, it is an amazing place. I could talk about the shower tile, the paint, the food or the bed linens all day, but what changed my life was the non-judgmental attitude, open-armed welcome and the new life-long friends I made!

The first day we arrived very late in the evening to a warm welcome of people who greeted us with tea, hugs and they whisk our luggage away to the room. We grabbed some food because of the long day of travel and enjoyed the show. We stayed in the deluxe room with 2 twin beds. The rooms were beautifully laid out with crispy white linens and were immaculately clean. The room included 2 closets, a refrigerator, and a separate room for the toilet!

The second day we woke up early and our breath was taken away by not only the beauty of the island and water but the resort. Club Med is so beautifully laid out with the pool/bar area having a beautiful view of the beach and water. We enjoyed an amazing breakfast spread with a view of the beautiful island. The beach has soft white sand with turquoise water. When you swim in the water it's so light and clear you float. We enjoyed our day by the pool and at the beach. The Club Med staff were friendly, always smiled and said hello when passing, as well as helpful in every way to make sure your stay was amazing.

Now I'm going to list all the events and people that really made our 7 day stay outstanding.

Rooms - Our personal room assistant Sonique was amazing. She cleaned the room daily as if we just arrived. She was always willing to help and provide anything we needed. The room included crisp white linens, Robes and white towels. Beach towels were provided any time we needed fresh clean ones.

Front Desk/Customer Service - We had a couple of minor issues with arriving so late and the weekly dress code, which was not the fault of the club but actually the booking agent at the main Club Med customer service. Paula at the front desk went out of her way to make every thing right and was so incredibly nice about it all. This type of attitude was the norm at this Club Med, everyone cared about the guests and went to great lengths to make sure you were having a great time. They get to know you, make friends with you and really treat you like a family. Two people that really touched me that I must mention is Teddy Tillman and Mike Clarke. Teddy was head of sports and if you were getting off a snorkeling boat, he was there, getting a workout in the pool, he was there waving and saying "HI" or down by the sailboats and paddle boards if you needed a hand! I finally asked him if he had a twin because it was a bit wild that he was in 4 places at once sometimes! Mike Clarke was also every where with a smiling face. Making sure every guest was happy in every way.

Shows - I could write a 10 page monologue about these shows. They were campy, sometimes cheesy but OUTSTANDING! Singing, dancing, circus, comedy and audience precipitation. It was so great to spend hours at the bar, enjoy a show and hang out and meet new people.

Fitness - There was so many opportunities to get fit while at the club. It included Yoga, Zumba, water fitness and aerobics. Everyday I was out at the pool getting fit with Richard Oaxaca. He was so fit, full of energy and SO much fun. I loved hanging out with him.

Pool Area - The pool was so big, beautiful and clean. There were so many chairs and enough for everyone to relax and enjoy the weather. The life guard, Dylan, was so friendly and loved to chat and make friends. They were always doing "Crazy Sign" out at the pool with line dancing and crazy fun. It made you feel like you were a part of the fun crowd!

Paddle Boarding, Wind Surfing and Sailing - This was also so much fun. We spent so much time surfing and our guide was Derf. He was fantastic and so friendly and really wanted to make sure we had a great time. Now paddle boarding was a little different. My recommendation is to not do this alone. I experienced the teacher Francis who gave me less than a 1 minute instruction where I found myself swept out into the ocean too far and it scared me a bit. When I arrived back to shore, I just popped him up-side the head and said.. "forget about it!" lol.. My advice on this one if you are a newbie is to ask for more help if you get Francis, he had way too much confidence in my clumsiness.

Bar/Food - The food at this resort was outstanding. I can't tell you how impressed I was with it. My friend did have a little difficulty in the beginning being a vegetarian but when we discussed it with Mike Clarke and the chef Mikey they helped her find foods that accommodated her needs. If you are a vegetarian, just ask for help when you first get there and they will help you with options. Everyday the huge buffet was open 3 times a day for breakfast, lunch and Dinner. If you didn't make it to the times that were available there was late breakfast snacks, midday snacks and even Sharkies bar was open mid afternoon for burgers, wraps and panini sandwiches. I came home with an extra 5 pound and that was with all the extra swimming and working out. The open bar was exquisite! They had a speciality drink every day and were willing to make just about any drink you asked for. I love banana daiquiris and they didn't make those but Alex, the outstanding bartender, suggested another drink with banana liquor! Again.. Club Med going out of their way to make you feel special!

Circus - What can I say about this but WOW! Kory and Patrick were so incredibly sweet to me. Being a clumsy girl that's afraid of heights I never thought I could do it. Kory had me up and swinging in no time. What was so incredible to me was the non-judgmental attitude. No one at Club Med gives you that look, rolls their eyes or makes you feel like you are inferior.. they treat you like a friend and really mean it.

Snorkeling/Diving - I saved this one for last because it was the one thing that really changed my life. I went snorkeling for the first time at Club Med Turkoise and couldn't believe what I saw. They offer snorkeling 2 times a day at 10 & 2:30. The water is so beautiful, the fish are breathtaking and the Dive/Snorkel staff are the best of everyone. I first met Marie and Amy when snorkeling for the first time. They were so helpful and willing to give as much instruction as possible. I had an amazing time and decided to go for the 2nd trip at 2:30. This time they had to drag me on the boat when it was over and scold me for not coming when the horn blew. I was then encouraged that I should be diving. The next morning I was there bright and early again at 10 where Marie Robi greeted me with a smile and again encouraged me that I was way too advanced for snorkeling, that I should give Diving a shot.

I went right after snorkeling trip to sign up for Scuba discovery. I was scared half to death of what I was getting myself in to but I knew I belonged in the water and had to give it a shot. I was greeted with a huge smile by Nick Roberts, the master diver and encouraged not to be nervous. He went step by step over the theory until I felt comfortable with the information and we took our first dive in the pool. I couldn't believe what a great instructor I was learning from and my dive in the pool was a HUGE success. He came out of the water telling me I was a natural and diving was in my blood. I mentioned that he probably said that to all the guests and he said not in his line of work! The next day I was given the opportunity to dive with another instructor because it was Nick's day off. I was a bit nervous about that but the other dive instructor was outstanding. Nemo went over the equipment again, what I needed to remember, and took great care of me out in the water. I couldn't believe how wonderful this experience was. Such beautiful fish but also the tour under the water I was given by Nemo. I came out of the water with such a BIG smile on my face and wonderful feeing inside.. I couldn't believe how awesome. That night I scheduled another dive with Nick Roberts because I just felt I must dive with my original instructor but also I was craving to be out in the water again. For the dive with Nick, he again went over all the steps with me, constantly teaching me on the boat before we dove, and when I had a malfunction with my weight belt, he was on it and fixed it within seconds. His dive with me was so great, he taught me so much in just a short amount of time, I'm going back to get certified by him. They are all truly outstanding professionals.

The most amazing thing of all of it was the encouragement and friendship. I feel like I met new life-long friends. Club Med staff showed so much kindness, love and friendship to anyone that wanted it. I went away with a new perspective on life, new friends, and forever fond memories I will never ever forget.

Room Tip: No elevators so ask for a ground floor if possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends