The motel is basically an American Motel 6 or Days Inn equivalent. Yes, there are maintenance issues, etc. But if you are on a tight budget but still want to experience Provo, this is the place to stay. Provo is very pricey. Do not expect a resort at this price. I must quickly mention, the two ladies that work the front office did everything in their power to be accomodating and NEVER with a bad attitude. This means alot to me. Whatever they had available to work with, or give, they did just that, with grace. The maids are not as friendly, especially regarding towels, but I am assuming any missing towels come out of their pay. No problem. If you need extra, ask at the front desk! Also, English amongst the maids/maintenance is limited, although they pretend to understand what is being said. Yes, the TV's and refrigerators are old, but are functional. I mean, we were not in the room enough to let any of this phase us. TV's have many American channels, mostly out of Miami and cable. The bedspreads were Motel 6 quality. Beds and pillows were clean and comfortable. Not a Four Seasons, but remember the price you are paying. Our first floor room had a great view of the Marina. It had two plastic chairs to sit and have a cocktail before dinner. In some of the second floor rooms, you can actually see the ocean, although at a small distance. We used the pool twice and it appeared clean and we did not experience any health issues. No one was using it much while we were there. It is a 15 minute safe daytime walk to Bight Park where the public beach area is. Safe and beautiful! We had relatives staying on Grace Bay at the West Bay Club (exactly one mile from Turtle Cove - 20 min walk) and we were able to use their beach facilities so we did not experience the public beach personally. But we did walk to look at the beach through the small picnic area. We most certainly would have felt comfortable there if we needed to use it. There are fabulous restaurants in walking distance to the motel. I will give my review on them here on Tripadvisor. One we did not get reservations to, but our family did was Magnolias. They raved on it. There is a small strip center next to the motel where you can purchase soft drinks, waters, snacks, wine, etc at a reasonable price (example, $1. for bottled water which was a fraction compared to Grace Bay area or the local IGA Store). Sketchy hours of opening and closing, but a good deal. Right past this small strip center are the restaurants I will review including: The Grean Bean, Baci and Sharkbites - All good and reasonable priced for the island vs Grace Bay area. Folks were driving and taking cabs from Grace Bay to visit these restaurants. Taxi's can be expensive and can take advantage. This was another reason we were happy to get the exercise and walk to many locations. But we did get the hook up through the front desk with a cab by the name of Sonny's who treated us fair, knew much about American movies and TV and was actually funny. We felt safe with him and not ripped off. He was always on time. My relatives at West Bay were paying up to $750./night. It felt good walking away at a fraction of the price. We plan to return to the Turtle Cove Inn for a week long stay during off season. Will give update at that time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're looking for the best hotel rates in Turks and Caicos, our comfortable, friendly accommodations, on Turtle Cove Marina, are perfect for you! Each unit is equipped with a mini refrigerator,microwave, coffee maker, iron and board and hairdryer. Free in room WiFi. There is so much activity just steps from your door. Yachts, bars, restaurants, car rentals, dive and fishing operators are all based at Turtle Cove Marina. Smiths Reef is only a 10 minute walk and the worlds most beautiful Grace Bay Beach is a 15 min walk. If you plan to spend your days SCUBA diving, fishing or exploring the nearby beaches, why not save money and stay at our friendly,newly renovated hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Turtle Cove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Cove Hotel Providenciales
- Turtle Cove Resort
- Turtle Cove Inn Turks And Caicos/Providenciales