My girlfriend and I stayed at Ports of Call in June 2014 and had a great time!
I would recommend Ports of Call for the location, price, and friendly staff. First, the hotel is close to shops, bars, restaurants, and most importantly, the BEACH. There's a free shuttle, but seriously, it's like a five minute walk. Second, I think the amenities were great for the price - breakfast was always delicious and a nice perk considering how expensive food on the island can be - and the room was comfortable and quite large. We opted for a less expensive room, away from the pool, to save a few bucks since we planned to rarely be in the room anyway, and it worked out just fine.
A separate word about the staff - it can sometimes be a concern to travel as a gay couple in the Caribbean, but everyone was absolutely wonderful, polite, and treated us just as any couple. Thank you!
We would especially like to mention Tristan, who was incredibly friendly and provided us with everything we needed to enjoy the beach. He made us feel very welcome and we enjoyed our conversations with him - he gave great recommendations on how we could enjoy our time in TCI.
I only noticed one downside - the pool and hot tub could have been a lot cleaner. There were always insects, leaves, etc in the pool and hot tub, because from what I saw, it wasn't vacuumed or skimmed in the mornings. Perhaps this was because we traveled in off season and maybe there's a staff shortage.
Overall though, we loved Ports of Call and look forward to returning one day. Highly recommended!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ports of Call Resort is located within the beautiful Grace Bay area on Providenciales, an island of the Turks and Caicos, and is only a short 15-minute drive from the Providenciales airport (PLS). The property comprises of a central building featuring a welcoming reception, business center, breakfast room, fitness room, and poolside bar. Ports of Call Resort has 98 fully renovated deluxe junior suites approximately 325 sq ft offering pool view (some with balcony or terrace) and others with garden views. Rooms are located in two three-story buildings (no elevator) surrounding a tropical pool area that creates an intimate boutique setting. For your enjoyment, the tropical outdoor facilities include a poolside bar and lounge, table tennis, billiard table, pool, hot tub, comfortable chaise lounges, patio seating, shade umbrellas, towels, and a dedicated children's play area. Ports of Call Resort has a designated beach access to the awe-inspiring Grace Bay Beach complete with lounges, umbrellas, stand up paddle-boards, and kayaks, and is only 300 yards from the property. A shuttle runs each hour and beach towels are provided. The property also includes the Shops of Ports of Call. The plaza offers a variety of restaurants, bars, gift and clothing shops, as well as a spa, hair salon, ice cream parlor, dive shop, conference space, fishing charter, and auto/scooter rentals, further enhancing the Resort's array of services and amenities. Daily continental breakfast and in-room wifi included in all room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ports of Call Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Ports Of Call Hotel Providenciales
- Comfort Suites Providenciales
- Providenciales Comfort Suites
- Ports Of Call Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales