Ports of Call Resort is surprisingly nice considering it is not as extravagant as the other resorts or expensive. My family and I were guests there for a week, and if we return to Turks & Caicos, Ports of Call is where we'll stay. It's clean, well-maintained, and the staff are friendly and helpful. It's an older resort that does not have direct beach access. However, it's a short walk to the beach or you can take their beach shuttle. Also, the other resorts allow their guests to use their umbrellas and lounge chairs for free. I was very disappointed that our resort charges a fee of $8.00 to use their beach umbrellas from 9-5, but they don't charge a rental fee for the lounge chairs. Speaking of shuttles, there are no shuttles to or from the airport, so be prepared to pay $33.00 per couple for a 10 minute taxi drive! Back to the resort, breakfast is offered, but don't expect much. Every morning boiled eggs, breads, cheese, cut up ham, cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee, and tea is offered. If you want more, then walk a short distance down to the Saltmills, and check out the Fresh Catch restaurant. Overall, for the price, Ports of Call is worth the stay as well as the friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ports of Call Resort is located within the beautiful Grace Bay area on Providenciales, an island of the Turks and Caicos, and is only a short 15-minute drive from the Providenciales airport (PLS). The property comprises of a central building featuring a welcoming reception, business center, breakfast room, fitness room, and poolside bar. Ports of Call Resort has 98 fully renovated deluxe junior suites approximately 325 sq ft offering pool view (some with balcony or terrace) and others with garden views. Rooms are located in two three-story buildings (no elevator) surrounding a tropical pool area that creates an intimate boutique setting. For your enjoyment, the tropical outdoor facilities include a poolside bar and lounge, table tennis, billiard table, pool, hot tub, comfortable chaise lounges, patio seating, shade umbrellas, towels, and a dedicated children's play area. Ports of Call Resort has a designated beach access to the awe-inspiring Grace Bay Beach complete with lounges, umbrellas, stand up paddle-boards, and kayaks, and is only 300 yards from the property. A shuttle runs each hour and beach towels are provided. The property also includes the Shops of Ports of Call. The plaza offers a variety of restaurants, bars, gift and clothing shops, as well as a spa, hair salon, ice cream parlor, dive shop, conference space, fishing charter, and auto/scooter rentals, further enhancing the Resort's array of services and amenities. Daily continental breakfast and in-room wifi included in all room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Ports of Call Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Ports Of Call Hotel Providenciales
- Comfort Suites Providenciales
- Providenciales Comfort Suites
- Ports Of Call Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales