“Special people to welcome you back every time.”

Royal West Indies Resort
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I would like to thank the owners of the rooms for sharing their personal space. Sherman greets you at the front door with a cheery welcome, and you know you are "home". Mario, Markinson, and Lynnie make sure the marathon trip to get there disappears with your first drink at the bar, and a welcome hug on a return visit. Russell, Vigilis and the rest of the beach crew greet you with wonderful smiles and fresh beach towels, and a chaise lounge under an umbrella. Happy hour comes with yummy Mojitos from Jamesley, rich Pina Coladas from Lynnie, and special concoctions from Mario. Sonia, Derek, William,Calvin, Jerome, and the "new kid on the block" , as well as Cecila enhance your dining pleasure. Chefs Peter, Christopher, and Nikita, as well as sous chefs Pierre, Jacko, Miriam, and a host of others work hard to produce quality culinary experiences. If I have not mentioned your name, it is because you rarely surface to take a break.
The gardeners work in 90 degree temperatures, keeping the gardens lush and lovely. I had the opportunity of tasting a fresh coconut, and drinking the famous nutritional coconut water, thanks to an accomodating gardner skilfully wielding a machete and special clippers- it is quite the task to break into this treat without cutting one's fingers.
The most difficult day at the Royal West Indies is the day you have to leave. Because of the intimacy of the resort's design, you get to know the folks at the bar and the beach, and you rub elbows with the rich and famous who can remain anonymous in this setting. "Relaxing", "safe", "happy"and "fun" are words heard so many times by people trying to describe their experience. People come there and fall in love all over again, and newlyweds glow with happiness and tans. Extended families share happy days and lifelong memories of days well spent, and little children squeal with delight when they jump in the kiddie pool.
It is the sign of a great hotel with a fabulous location when people say they can hardly wait to return. This was my fifth visit!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,002)

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Our stay at the Royal West Indies Resort was just fabulous!! It was wonderful to wake up and see the beautiful view from our oceanfront room. Everyone was really warm and friendly, from the folks at the front desk, restaurant, to the beach all were helpful. The room was very clean, the bed and pillows were quite comfortable. A first class resort which never seemed full even at 100% capacity. We had the beach and pool mostly to ourselves except for a few guests. The beach had soft white sand and the water was clear and calm, perfect for kids. A hobie cat was available onsite free of charge. The hotel is close to a couple nice restaurants within walking distance. I would highly recommend this resort for couples and families. I'm definitely going back.

3  Thank Macneilk
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This is our second year in the TCI and we booked this a little last minute. This beautiful resort has exceeded our expectations! The rooms are well appointed and comfortable and the beach in absolutely outstanding!The restaurant on site is wonderful and so much is within a walk or a bike ride, which the resort provides. I/we have found the staff to be wonderfully warm and accomadating. For such an expensive island this resort falls within many budgets. It's truly paradise.....

Room Tip: The resort is small...so I dont think it pays for any sort of "upgrade" to oceanfront....t...
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Just came back from vacation, royal west indies was great, the room we booked was basically a one bedroom apartment with full size kitchen. Very clean, not a bug in the room. What can I say about the beach? Probably the best I have been in the Caribbean with white soft sand and cristal clear water. We walked on the beach on both directions, if you go west after a while (close to the regent)it gets really windy but beach and water are still beautiful, I thought the royal west indies was in the perfect location. Across the street there is a bakery which has delicous choc croissants and breakfast sandwiches. There are many restaurants within 15-20 mins walk, grocery store is 5 min by bike. Everything was great and cannot wait to go back.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank claudio050881
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The Royal West Indies property is absolutely gorgeous. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We had a suite which was perfect for us and our kids. Beach was beautiful and the water was crystal clear. One thing to note is T&C is very expensive when it comes to food. I chuckled when I read some of the reviews of people packing food for breakfast and lunch. Now I understand why! The grocery store is a short bike ride from the property. Stores, and a bakery are close too, although the stores open and close at arbitrary times! Plan on waiting for everything since no one moves too fast...which is good when you want to relax, but not so good when you are hungry.We would go back to this resort in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We had a garden view which was beautiful. ANy view from the upper floors can probably see the ocean...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PennsylvaniaTrixie
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We stayed for a week at the Royal West Indies and had a wonderful time! The room was perfect for the four of us... two bedroom, two bath and large balcony overlooking the pool. Steps to a white beach with crystal blue waters. Low key place with down to earth vibe. Enjoyed our stay. The beach is amazing. Great location can walk to restaurants in the Grace Bay area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tish43
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Very well kept property. Was nice to see people working everywhere ...staining doors....touching up paint in the stairwells..gardeners...the owners monthly fees at this place must be absurd.

Small resort property... I think 95 units sitting right on grace bay. housekeeping was exceptional.

I had heard the ocean view studios were not worth it as they were blocked by palm trees. I had room 533 ...3rd floor and we had a fantastic ocean view. Downside to 3rd floor is that the deck has no cover. If it rains.... Well....you get wet.

After reading so many reviews about RWI i expected the service to be very poor....non interested.
I found it to be the opposite.

The front desk staff Was Very helpful...made reservations for us and always was chatty asking us how we are enjoying our stay. The beach guys....what can I say. I dragged chairs away from the "row" one day on the beach. Next day when they saw me they pulled Loungers to "my spot" without me asking. No they did not have their hand out. In fact when I took care of them at the end they were a bit surprised.

We not only would go back to te royal west indies....we are considering buying a place there.

Room Tip: Go for a one bedroom. Has a stove/oven.
2  Thank CFSUN