“Amazing stay at the Royal West Indies Resort” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal West Indies Resort

Royal West Indies Resort
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Amazing stay at the Royal West Indies Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

We had an amazing stay at the Royal West Indies. The rooms are beautiful and is located on the beautiful Grace Bay. The staff is extreamly friendly and helpful. There is nothing negative about this hotel and would definitely go back again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Hebrew first
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

The resort is in the best location on Grace Bay. You are near the Graceway grocery store which is similar to a Whole Foods or Fresh Market, other nice resorts (Grace Bay Club, Regent, etc.), a casino, and many restaurants.

Of course the main attraction is the beach, and I have to say RWI is on the best stretch of Grace Bay. Chair, towel, snorkel, kayak, catamaran, and pool service is all available for free. No solicitations for tip at all! The resort has a few quiet pools with great landscaping surrounding them, so it feels really intimate and secluded. A large hot tub with waterfall is also a plus!

The rooms are really nice, they all feature full kitchen, solid surface counters, tile flooring throughout, tile showers, and nice patios/porches. The resort feels completely safe and secluded from its neighbors.

The restaurant in the resort, Mango Reef , is well known island wide. Its features weekday set-menu meals and drink specials. It is pretty popular for being tasty and affordable.

Overall, my wife and I loved the laid back nature of the resort without the pretentiousness and overpriced extras. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jbarlew
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

This was my first trip to Turks and Caicos (5 days/4 nights) and I found out about the Royal West Indies (RWI) and decided to book a room mainly based on the Trip Advisor reviews. I admit that I was apprehensive booking a place just based on Trip Advisor reviews and the resort's website. However, the RWI exceeded my expectations, the reviews and even the representations on their website (which still amazes me as I have travelled extensively and, until this trip, I've not seen website accurately reflect the actual hotel/resort, including those ultra-high end hotels, let alone exceed it.). It was the perfect place for quiet relaxation and to enjoy the loveliness of Providenciales. It was exactly what I had been looking for. I seriously considered extending my stay but unfortunately real life took precedence.
NB: You will not find an engineered manufactured anonymous 24 hour party/chasing the fun atmosphere at the RWI. Thank goodness!
What you will find at the RWI are: beautiful tropical gardens (trust me, it really adds to the experience), comfortable, well-appointed rooms (I had a studio with a kitchenette [microwave and refrigerator] perfect for keeping water, fruit, leftovers), welcoming and friendly staff, a great on-site restaurant, Mango Reef, which serves delicious food all day and fun to hang out at night, beautiful pools (including quiet area pools), a library of delicious beach reads, bikes, kayaks and Hobie Cats to borrow and, of course, the gorgeous beach with plenty of umbrellas and chairs for the guests. There is also a guide available to schedule and arrange excursions, spa days etc...
I have recommended the RWI to all of my friends and this will be the only place I will stay when I visit Providenciales. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
5 Thank meronym
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

And for kids too, but for me and my girlfriend (our first vacation together), RWI was an amazing find. We are definitely planning to return there for future trips to T&C. We booked a studio/botanical room and were not disappointed. The room was very comfortable, with a small kitchen that allowed us to cook breakfast and lunch if we wanted to. In the kitchen was a large fridge which we filled with food from the Graceway market (be sure to get a bike for that trip, I tried to walk it once and it's a bit tiresome with tons of groceries), a toaster, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom is very nice with a great shower and tub. The bed is very large and extremely comfortable, and the room has most cable channels (even some from NY) and a DVD player. The room came with an outdoor patio where we ate all of our home-cooked meals. We'd typically go out at night for a nice dinner at one of the great restaurants on the island (and we'd include Mango Reef in that list, for sure). The beach though is the true highlight, and there is plenty of room for everyone there and this includes cozy chairs, umbrellas and towels. The property has 2 pools and a hot tub, and we used all. What can I say, it's a very nice property, with very lush grounds, comfortable rooms and a wonderful beach to enjoy. We also did some scuba diving with Dive Provo, which we thoroughly enjoyed. I cannot recomment RWI enough; we will be back.

3 Thank sbshelley
Milton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Royal West Indies Resort from September 4-September 11. We rented privately through the owner. When we arrived at the 1 bedroom unit, we realized that the safe was not open. We had no information from the owner, whom I was in communication with via email, that the safe was broken. After sending the owner an email, we received an email from him advising us that the safe was broken. Bottom line, we were not informed of this problem and only learned of it upon our arrival when we inquired with the owner.

Other than this, the suite itself was quite lovely. I will attach a photo taken from the balcony. The unit is right beside Club Med and I only heard noise from Club Med on two nights. The only other downside to the unit, since it is on the third floor, is that there is an open ceiling on the balcony, so during rain one is not able to sit out on the balcony.

With respect to the resort itself, it is as beautiful as it was 5 years ago when we last visited the islands. We have always found the staff there to be pleasant and informative. We find the resort to be beautifully landscaped, clean, very quaint and lovely... a real gem. The two pool areas are just gorgeous. They are very charming and cozy, not big open spaces. We met some wonderful people on our vacation and enjoyed doing a whole lot of nothing......... beautiful. I highly recommend this resort. Don't forget to say hello to Mina and Mino, the two cats at the resort. They got some left over beef tenderloin from dinner.

Re: Crime. While researching our trip, I came across some posts regarding an increase in crime on the island. For the first time, this being my fourth trip to Provo since 1993, someone asked us for money. There was a definite difference to the island since our last trip. I hope things don't change too much, for the islands are just absolutely gorgeous. The Royal West Indies Resort is a true gem.

2 Thank MrWagnerMilton
denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

Just returned from our first trip to TCI and RWI. This resort was perfect for us. We had a beautiful beachfront condo. (rented from VRBO). We loved the resort all the pools and the beach was breathtaking. You could walk forever. We loved Mango Reef. We enjoyed lots of great meals here from breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel staff were all great. The people at the front desk were nice and friendly to us. The guys at the towel area were really nice guys and so hard working. We felt very comfortable at this resort and meet so many other guest that all were very happy too. Not one complaint from us or anyone we talked to. The only bad part was leaving so to fix that we will just have to book our next trip.

2 Thank planningvacation
Maryland, US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

My husband and I just returned from a four-night trip with another couple on the Turks and Caicos Island of Providenciales. While this was our first trip to the RWI resort, our travel companions had been here before; a return visit bodes well for the resort. Our expectations were high and this resort certainly delivered. The grounds are lush and well-maintained, units clean and comfortable, amenities plentiful, and service friendly and efficient. We spent most of the days either at the beautiful pools or on the beach. At night following a nice dinner, the four of us would settle in for a game of cards or simply visiting on the balcony. We highly recommend dinner at Coco Bistro which is a short walk from the resort. The atmosphere and food are amazing! The resort restaurant was also good. We also recommend the snorkeling excursion with Sail Provo utilizing a large catamaran which takes you to Iguana Island and to the reef for snorkeling with drinks and snacks included – look for a 15% off coupon in your room. While I don’t consider myself a high-maintenance traveler, I do appreciate nice accommodations and good dining. I have no negatives to report regarding the RWI resort.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends