“Loved it!!!”

Royal West Indies Resort
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 15 October 2010

My husband and I spent four nights at RWI and loved every minute of it. It's a beautiful property with lush gardens in every direction. It's a small resort compared to some of the other resorts, but that's what I liked the most. It wasn't overwhelming and was incredibly peaceful. The resort gave us complimentary use of bicycles, hobie cat boats, beach chairs, towels, etc. It's a great location. We used the bicycles and rode to the Graceway Gourmet. We stocked up on grocery items and cooked a few meals in our fully equipped kitchen. The staff was very friendly. Every person you pass will smile and say hello. We arrived for check-in a bit early. The room was not quite ready. We stored our luggage at the front office and went out to the beach. My husband and I are in our late 20s and this was a much needed belated honeymoon. We loved every minute while staying at the Royal West Indies.

1  Thank lrclayton
Write a ReviewReviews (2,000)

Reviewed 12 October 2010

We booked this resort as a 25th anniversary get-away
Was planning on meeting my husband here (he's currently in Iraq)
Read on forums that the Mango Reef rest. would be pulling out of the property.
Very disappointed, we tried to get them to at-least upgrade our reservation...they claimed that it's a privately owned restaurant-and they would not give an up-grade on our room.
With NO restaurant on property...and NO full kitchen up-grade, it will cost $$$$$ to now rent a car & take our meals elsewhere. (so why stay at this resort)?
As business owners ourselves, we find this kind of customer service outrageous... but truly typical for the Caribbean... something that would never happen at other HIGHER rated resorts...
In the Turks & Caicos, you really DO get what you pay for!

2  Thank Terribbean
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We had an amazing stay at the Royal West Indies. The rooms are beautiful and is located on the beautiful Grace Bay. The staff is extreamly friendly and helpful. There is nothing negative about this hotel and would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2010

The resort is in the best location on Grace Bay. You are near the Graceway grocery store which is similar to a Whole Foods or Fresh Market, other nice resorts (Grace Bay Club, Regent, etc.), a casino, and many restaurants.

Of course the main attraction is the beach, and I have to say RWI is on the best stretch of Grace Bay. Chair, towel, snorkel, kayak, catamaran, and pool service is all available for free. No solicitations for tip at all! The resort has a few quiet pools with great landscaping surrounding them, so it feels really intimate and secluded. A large hot tub with waterfall is also a plus!

The rooms are really nice, they all feature full kitchen, solid surface counters, tile flooring throughout, tile showers, and nice patios/porches. The resort feels completely safe and secluded from its neighbors.

The restaurant in the resort, Mango Reef , is well known island wide. Its features weekday set-menu meals and drink specials. It is pretty popular for being tasty and affordable.

Overall, my wife and I loved the laid back nature of the resort without the pretentiousness and overpriced extras. Can't wait to come back!

4  Thank jbarlew
Reviewed 23 September 2010

This was my first trip to Turks and Caicos (5 days/4 nights) and I found out about the Royal West Indies (RWI) and decided to book a room mainly based on the Trip Advisor reviews. I admit that I was apprehensive booking a place just based on Trip Advisor reviews and the resort's website. However, the RWI exceeded my expectations, the reviews and even the representations on their website (which still amazes me as I have travelled extensively and, until this trip, I've not seen website accurately reflect the actual hotel/resort, including those ultra-high end hotels, let alone exceed it.). It was the perfect place for quiet relaxation and to enjoy the loveliness of Providenciales. It was exactly what I had been looking for. I seriously considered extending my stay but unfortunately real life took precedence.
NB: You will not find an engineered manufactured anonymous 24 hour party/chasing the fun atmosphere at the RWI. Thank goodness!
What you will find at the RWI are: beautiful tropical gardens (trust me, it really adds to the experience), comfortable, well-appointed rooms (I had a studio with a kitchenette [microwave and refrigerator] perfect for keeping water, fruit, leftovers), welcoming and friendly staff, a great on-site restaurant, Mango Reef, which serves delicious food all day and fun to hang out at night, beautiful pools (including quiet area pools), a library of delicious beach reads, bikes, kayaks and Hobie Cats to borrow and, of course, the gorgeous beach with plenty of umbrellas and chairs for the guests. There is also a guide available to schedule and arrange excursions, spa days etc...
I have recommended the RWI to all of my friends and this will be the only place I will stay when I visit Providenciales. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank meronym
Reviewed 23 September 2010

And for kids too, but for me and my girlfriend (our first vacation together), RWI was an amazing find. We are definitely planning to return there for future trips to T&C. We booked a studio/botanical room and were not disappointed. The room was very comfortable, with a small kitchen that allowed us to cook breakfast and lunch if we wanted to. In the kitchen was a large fridge which we filled with food from the Graceway market (be sure to get a bike for that trip, I tried to walk it once and it's a bit tiresome with tons of groceries), a toaster, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom is very nice with a great shower and tub. The bed is very large and extremely comfortable, and the room has most cable channels (even some from NY) and a DVD player. The room came with an outdoor patio where we ate all of our home-cooked meals. We'd typically go out at night for a nice dinner at one of the great restaurants on the island (and we'd include Mango Reef in that list, for sure). The beach though is the true highlight, and there is plenty of room for everyone there and this includes cozy chairs, umbrellas and towels. The property has 2 pools and a hot tub, and we used all. What can I say, it's a very nice property, with very lush grounds, comfortable rooms and a wonderful beach to enjoy. We also did some scuba diving with Dive Provo, which we thoroughly enjoyed. I cannot recomment RWI enough; we will be back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sbshelley
Reviewed 20 September 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Royal West Indies Resort from September 4-September 11. We rented privately through the owner. When we arrived at the 1 bedroom unit, we realized that the safe was not open. We had no information from the owner, whom I was in communication with via email, that the safe was broken. After sending the owner an email, we received an email from him advising us that the safe was broken. Bottom line, we were not informed of this problem and only learned of it upon our arrival when we inquired with the owner.

Other than this, the suite itself was quite lovely. I will attach a photo taken from the balcony. The unit is right beside Club Med and I only heard noise from Club Med on two nights. The only other downside to the unit, since it is on the third floor, is that there is an open ceiling on the balcony, so during rain one is not able to sit out on the balcony.

With respect to the resort itself, it is as beautiful as it was 5 years ago when we last visited the islands. We have always found the staff there to be pleasant and informative. We find the resort to be beautifully landscaped, clean, very quaint and lovely... a real gem. The two pool areas are just gorgeous. They are very charming and cozy, not big open spaces. We met some wonderful people on our vacation and enjoyed doing a whole lot of nothing......... beautiful. I highly recommend this resort. Don't forget to say hello to Mina and Mino, the two cats at the resort. They got some left over beef tenderloin from dinner.

Re: Crime. While researching our trip, I came across some posts regarding an increase in crime on the island. For the first time, this being my fourth trip to Provo since 1993, someone asked us for money. There was a definite difference to the island since our last trip. I hope things don't change too much, for the islands are just absolutely gorgeous. The Royal West Indies Resort is a true gem.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple