“Nice not the Ritz but totally fine!”

Sibonne Beach Hotel
Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed two nights here. We got an ocean room with a terrace. The room was very large with a sitting room. Having the extra space was great. My biggest complaint was that the water was not HOT in the shower! It was lukewarm-- so if you need a hot shower don't expect one at this place. Besides that, it was totally fine! The beach is lovely, the restaurant while pricey is delish and worth the price. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fedekat

Reviewed 17 June 2011

This was my first trip to Provo, it was a solo trip to do a little scuba diving and relaxing on the beach. I had read many reviews prior to deciding on a hotel and was so very pleased with my stay at Sibonne. I'm glad I chose to ignore the few negative reviews since I didn't find any truth to them whatsoever!

Sibonne is a small, very charming, quiet hotel. I stayed in room 108, which was very clean with up to date decor such as white linens and wicker furniture. Friendly staff who were all very accomodating. Sibonne is situtated on probably the best area of Grace Bay beach, large area of beach that is virtually deserted and not full of kids and loud music like some of the other hotels. Bay Bistro is right next to the hotel, right off of the pool area. I ate most of my meals there not only out of convenience but because it happens to be one of the best restaurants on Grace Bay.

Eating out in Provo is expensive, but then again it has a lot to do with what you are used to. My sister lives in New York City, and after discussing the restaurant and grocery prices with her, found that it was very comparable to New York City prices, if that helps at all. Speaking of prices, the affordable rate at Sibonne cannot be beat. I would not have been able to go on this trip if it weren't for their reasonable room rates.

As far as activities, you are a short walk to an amazing snorkeling area in front of Coral Gardens, there are many restaurants within short walk. And if you are not up for walking and want to rent a car or bicycle there are rental agencies that will deliver both of these to the hotel.

In summary, if you are looking for state of the art hotel rooms with big screen TV's and hundreds of people around then I wouldn't stay at Sibonne, you are better off at one of the impersonal all inclusive deals. If you are looking to spend quiet time on the beach, you are someone who doesn't sit in their room watching TV during their vacation and you like to surround yourself with a charming atmosphere where you feel very welcomed and appreciated then Sibonne is for you.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank ScubaDivingD
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Hey gang,
Thanks to all of you out there who write reviews. This is my first, but I have found many of yours very helpful in past travels. Here goes: My wife and I fell in love with the Sibonne' and Bay Bistro on our first trip to Provo (stayed at another hotel) and decided we wanted to come back and rent the Beach Apt at Sibonne. We are so glad that we did. The apt is very spacious for 2 (one king bed) with a full kitchen and two wonderful porches, one screened! We spent mucho dollars last time eating every meal out + drinks, so we really wanted a place with a kitchen on future Caribbean adventures. Most lunches out will cost you $40 for a coupleand dinners around $100 if you get dessert and a few drinks. We spent $140 in groceries this time for the week and only ate out once for dinner and once for lunch.

Other reviews are correct: this is wonderful, small hotel for the low-maintenance traveler. It is not fancy by any means, but is very charming in an old-school, tropical way. The continental breakfast should be disregarded completely, the staff is not rude, but a long way from bubbly, and the pool is very small. But I ask you this: are you going to the Caribbean expecting free food at there prices, to hang out with the staff and swim laps in a pool? If yes, go to Beaches for $5000.00+ a week. The beach apt at Sibonne cost us $1500 for a week before tax....this is for true ocean front with a private screened porch and 2nd floor view of the ocean. You can't beat it.

Also, if you come to Provo, you really need to rent a vehicle...at least for part of the trip. We did both times, and both times met people who told us they wished they had. There is a lot to see around the island...Long Bay beach, Leeward beaches, Chalk Sound, many restaurants, etc and you can't walk to much. We used Grace Bay Rentals and got a great little mini-suv for around $40 a day. Other guests told me that a single cab ride to Da Conch Shack cost them around $50 USD.

If you do rent yourselves a place with a fridge, buy your beer at The Wine Cellar out of Leeward Highway. The local Turks Head beer is really good and around $35 USD a case. This sounds expensive, but a six-pack of Miller Light is $15.00 at the local grocery stores and all beers are $5 a piece at the bars. Also get a bottle of the Bombarra rum ($13)...also local and very good. Cocktails are $8-9 a piece everywhere on the island so it's best to mix a few at the place.

Room Tip: Beach Apt or Premier beachfront rooms
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank SethandAmanda
Reviewed 11 April 2011

My husband and I just returned from a magical vacation snorkeling like crazy in Turks and Caicos. We stayed at Sibonne in room 210. I believe it was one of the best rooms. I requested an ocean view room. There are only 2 floors. We were on the second floor and you had to look to the right when standing on the patio to see the ocean. It's not a full view but no rooms are. You have to look past the gardens and the restaurant. Certainly not what I expected but not horrible either. A lot of hotels offer free bikes to cruise the island but Sibonne did not. Rentals are $15 per day per person and cars are about $50 per day. We chose to rent a car one day to explore the island. You can walk to the Graceway Market but it's about a 20-25 minute walk one way and you certainly would not want to haul groceries back. We never took a cab but I believe it was $10 one way to the store. The room itself was nice with high ceilings and comfortable beds. The balcony was nice but not private in the least. Plus, you had to keep the shades drawn because the rooms are set up in a square shape and you can easily look across and to either side and see people. We did find two live giant cockroaches one night and they sprayed the next day and we never saw another one. The continental breakfast is a joke. It's a piece of toast and fruit. It's always two kinds of fruit cut in half. You can of course order from the overpriced menu (all places are overpriced so please take that into consideration). Pool is a joke. Super small and no one uses it. If you are going for the pool, choose another hotel. Other hotels have much more elaborate pools. We didn't care about the pool at all but some do.
The two women working the front desk did not seem too personable. They did not go out of their way to be helpful and everytime I asked a question about a tour they kept telling me they didn't know and to consult the magazine in the room or brochures in the lobby!
The internet was a huge bonus because we could email different tour groups for free and check up on reservations, etc. If not, it would have cost a fortune. The front desk does not make tour reservations like most hotels do. Most hotels are happy to assist in booking tours from my experience. The women were certainly not mean, just not friendly or knowledgeable.
Overall, I enjoyed our stay very much. We were in the middle of the shops and snorkeling at Coral Gardens. It depends on what your vacation goal is. If it's strictly shopping, stay closer to the shops/restaurant area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MarlaB
Reviewed 8 April 2011

I reached out to the hotel several times via email and with direct calls (left message on answering machine) - never heard from them!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank GrayFamilyTravels
Reviewed 17 March 2011

On an island that is full of swanky, overpriced, new construction, this charming older hotel delivers exactly what it promises to: a clean, comfortable, moderately-priced room. And it's right on Grace Bay beach! It even has a good restaurant on site. If you want luxury, go elsewhere. If you want value and charm, stay here.

We were here to dive, with Caicos Adventures, and it was an excellent operator. Safe. And all dives were to the West Caicos wall. Amazing. Sharks and rays on every dive. They picked us up at the hotel every morning. We'll be back to do it again!

I also got a massage at the Spa at the Sands, next door. A little more expensive than I would have liked, but I'd probably do that again, too.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank NYSeeYa
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Hotel, restaurant, bar, beach, service, cleanliness........... All excellent! Trust me I'm picky!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple