“Great hotel. Fantastic location”

Sibonne Beach Hotel
Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Outer Banks, North Carolina
“Great hotel. Fantastic location”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Clean rooms. Great staff. Great location. Great restaurant. Can't say anything bad about this hotel. Perfect beach.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Steve W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Brookline, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My boyfriend and I went to Grace Bay for vacation in April to get away from the city and we couldn't have picked a better place (thanks TripAdvisor :) the Sibonne was very simple but had the best location of all the properties on Grace Bay. If you're looking for a no-frills hotel room in a cute small hotel that has a lot of charm, this is for you. Since the price was so much less than other places nearby we sprung to get a room on the upper level with a balcony which I highly reccomend! We liked having a cocktail and watching the sunset out there. Okay so - I wouldn't call the rooms modern but it was everything we needed.

Since we were just looking to relax on the beach, it was nice that the beachfront at the hotel was very calm. There wern't a ton of kids running around everywhere...nothing wrong with family vacations, but just walking along the beach in front of Beaches stressed me out!

We also LOVED the Bay Bistro, the friendliest staff and great food! We went here a couple times for lunch and dinner. We actually went on a fishing excursion and caught some Red Snapper (Silver Deep fishing was great!), we brought it back to the Bay Bistro and the wonderful chef (I think his name is Craig?) cooked it up for us however we wanted. It was lovely. Also when my BF had a little too much sun (or rum punch;) Craig made him a custom meal that would be easy on his stomach! You won't get that kind of attention and service at a bigger place!

There was actually a wedding going on while we were staying there that looked amazing! This place is great and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff when you check in - we got a great corner room with ocean views!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank leaveapath
macon
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My husband & I stayed @ the Sibonne during our trip to Provo. This was the perfect hotel. The location was amazing & you are steps away from the beach & the best restaurant on the island Bay Bistro! The price per night was very reasonable. They are a small facility (only 29 rooms) and very low key but that is exactly what we were looking for. They provide beach chairs (which are already placed under tiki huts) and beach towels. Very clean and the people were very friendly. We will definitely be staying at the Sibonne our next trip to Provo.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank abby0602
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I am a single woman who had the opportunity to travel to the Turks. I found the Sibonne on the Internet and was concerned without having heard anything about it. I was delighted. Very affordable, large room with refrig. I also left some clothes at the hotel and the owner brought them to me at the airport. I was very appreciative... Also, the restaurant was excellent.
A recommended place to stay....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank Jdv513
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed at the Sibonne hotel for a wedding that was at another hotel. We found the hotel to be clean and a great location to the beach. It was a great walking location to other hotels and restaurants in the area. We found that the rooms were quiet and our room was comfortable. The shower head in the bathroom was horrible, it reminded me of garden hose. The hotel and restaurant staff were not helpful or friendly at all. If you are planning to stay here, leave your expectation of costumer service at home. If you are looking for a great beach location and a good price, with no costumer service, this may be your place.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank bostonfan2011
fedekat
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed two nights here. We got an ocean room with a terrace. The room was very large with a sitting room. Having the extra space was great. My biggest complaint was that the water was not HOT in the shower! It was lukewarm-- so if you need a hot shower don't expect one at this place. Besides that, it was totally fine! The beach is lovely, the restaurant while pricey is delish and worth the price. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fedekat
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 June 2011

This was my first trip to Provo, it was a solo trip to do a little scuba diving and relaxing on the beach. I had read many reviews prior to deciding on a hotel and was so very pleased with my stay at Sibonne. I'm glad I chose to ignore the few negative reviews since I didn't find any truth to them whatsoever!

Sibonne is a small, very charming, quiet hotel. I stayed in room 108, which was very clean with up to date decor such as white linens and wicker furniture. Friendly staff who were all very accomodating. Sibonne is situtated on probably the best area of Grace Bay beach, large area of beach that is virtually deserted and not full of kids and loud music like some of the other hotels. Bay Bistro is right next to the hotel, right off of the pool area. I ate most of my meals there not only out of convenience but because it happens to be one of the best restaurants on Grace Bay.

Eating out in Provo is expensive, but then again it has a lot to do with what you are used to. My sister lives in New York City, and after discussing the restaurant and grocery prices with her, found that it was very comparable to New York City prices, if that helps at all. Speaking of prices, the affordable rate at Sibonne cannot be beat. I would not have been able to go on this trip if it weren't for their reasonable room rates.

As far as activities, you are a short walk to an amazing snorkeling area in front of Coral Gardens, there are many restaurants within short walk. And if you are not up for walking and want to rent a car or bicycle there are rental agencies that will deliver both of these to the hotel.

In summary, if you are looking for state of the art hotel rooms with big screen TV's and hundreds of people around then I wouldn't stay at Sibonne, you are better off at one of the impersonal all inclusive deals. If you are looking to spend quiet time on the beach, you are someone who doesn't sit in their room watching TV during their vacation and you like to surround yourself with a charming atmosphere where you feel very welcomed and appreciated then Sibonne is for you.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo