Sibonne Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Somerset on Grace Bay(Providenciales)
View Hotel
The Sands at Grace Bay(Providenciales)
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)
Villa Renaissance(Grace Bay)
Grace Bay Suites(Providenciales)
The Regent Grand(Providenciales)
View Hotel
All reviewsbay bistro restaurantsmall hotelgrace baysmall poolbalcony roommini fridgeice machineplenty of hot waterliterally stepsgrand turkcoffee makerocean viewking bedonsite restaurantpeace and quietplenty of lounge chairssalt mills
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We spent our last night in T+C at Sibonne.It was nicer than I expected after reading some of the reviews.The room was clean,our kids enjoyed the pool and we all loved the amazing beach.I liked being able to walk everywhere close by to shop,eat,etc.The people in the office were great.Our taxi didn't show up the next morning to go to the airport and the groundsman called to get us another one.I did miss being able to keep my door open at night but they warned us not to because of thefts.After a week in Middle Caicos with all the windows and even door open night and day that was hard!We enjoyed our stay.We ate at Bay Bistro which was great to walk back to our room on the property.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank LJBVermont
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed 4 nights and found the Sibonne to be a great value. The room was perfectly equipped, had a little garden patio (not much privacy), and the beach is right there. There isn't a huge resort right next door, so their stretch of the beach is quieter. Also, they provide towels and the receptionists were always helpful.

There is the Graceway Gourmet within walking distance, many restaurants-including the Bay Bistro at the hotel, and they were all good. If you want to do water sports, nearby hotels will rent hobie cats, paddle boards, etc.

Great hotel for the more independent traveler, less of a resort-y feel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amy G
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This was my first trip to Provo. My daughter, a high school senior and I went for Spring Break. We have traveled fairly extensively and really prefer smaller properties to huge resorts. I picked a "value room" at the Sibonne after talking to a gentleman who had several properties on the island that he rented through VRBO, but none for the dates we needed. He spent two nights at the Sibonne waiting for renters to leave his condo and told me the Sibonne was a hidden jewel.So i booked it. While I can spend much more on a room, I am frugal and really prefer to spend money on food and entertainment over a fancy room. (we only showered and slept there). Our room had one comfortable king size bed, a very nice tiled bathroom mini fridge, hairdryer, shampoo, conditioner and soap (I was not sure about this given the price), and we walked out of our room, through the garden, around the pool to the beach in 45 seconds.The proximity to the beach is the very best thing about this property in my opinion. And the beach is not crowded, there is nothing built on the beach to the right of the property, so the beach is wonderful and quiet. There are not many palapas, but at least when we were there everyone who was on the beach had one. I did take my towels down as soon as I woke up each morning to reserve one if we were going to be on the beach that day. I found the office staff to be very helpful. The island natives speak a Cajun French language which sounds very choppy and short, so when they speak English it sounds like they are speaking in a short manner, but that is just the way they talk. They helped me to find a snorkel tour I was looking for and the manager gave us a ride to the salt pond shops one afternoon in her personal car. True to other posts there are no water sports and the privacy is not great. But we found everyone we talked to be to be delightful and friendly. The Bay Bistro has a very reasonable breakfast ($8) and we ate dinner one night and it was very good. So I like many other posts would say for $115.00 we spent on our room each night we got tremendous value for Provo. I will go back for sure.

Room Tip: We were in one of the two value rooms which were all we needed. I think all others have a small sitting area with a privacy wall but we were right on the beach so we always sat there instead of at the room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank jo-jp
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My husband and I honeymooned in Turks and stayed at both the Sibonne and the Alexandra. The Alexandra was booked for part of our trip, so we opted for the Sibonne for our first few nights based on good reviews and great prices.

Pros:
Location: excellent spot on Grace Bay, beautiful beach and walking distance to many restuarants
Bay Bistro: We enjoyed 2 phenomenal meals here; excellent seafood
Price: As stated above, Sibonne is much more reasonable than most hotels/resorts on the island
Housekeeping: We found all housekeepers to be friendly and efficient
Noise: We slept soundly every evening and never heard adjacent room noise.

Cons:
Beach chairs/towels: There are a minimal amount of chairs and some are in fairly bad shape...same goes for the towels (pretty thin and low quality).
Pool: The pool isn't much to shout about, and the restaurant is right next door to it.
Front Desk: The front desk was not the friendlist. Granted, we didn't have to deal with them much, but I know customer service is very important to some people.
Bathroom: Our bathroom was fairly out of date, with a couple small tiles missing in the shower.

Also, as others have mentioned, the hotel is in a U-shape, so you either become quick friends with your neighbors or you don't spend much time on your balcony. Our neighbors were a very nice couple from Wisconsin and we visited with them every evening during our "happy hour", so for us, this was a positive but I can understand others being annoyed at this lack of privacy.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking to travel to Turks on a budget and/or a couple that has never been as the location is great, as are the surrounding restaurants. It's not fancy, but it gets you on Grace Bay!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KR3312
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We recently got back from staying 9 nights at the Sibonne Beach Hotel. Turks and Caicos is a VERY expensive Island so staying at the Sibonne which is more of a budget accommodation worked perfectly for us. It's a gorgeous beach, the convenient restaurant, clean rooms and grounds made it welcoming. This is not a 4 star hotel though. Here are the Pros and Cons,

Pros:
-Great price relative to other places along the beach.
-It's clean! I didn't see any bugs in our room
-It's a nice location relative to Hemmingways restaurant and the Bay Bistro on site

Cons:
-No watersports toys if you're into that stuff
-Cheap amenities....ie) the beach chairs are falling apart, the beach towels are old
-Not enough palapas or umbrellas on the beach for guests....we just got up at 7am and put our towels down and had breakfast. If you're a big party animal this could be problematic but it worked for us.

Overall I would recommend this Hotel to folks that want to spend $$ on food and activities. I got a massage at the Gansevort one day and I preferred the Sibonne.....I just like the vibe of the Sibonne better. Guests were easy going and relaxed....people putting beers in their room ice buckets and hanging out at the beach vs. the Gansevoort where you have to reserve a pool chair and it feels pretty pretentious.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alaina M