Had a wonderful week at Sibonne Beach in November 2013. This is the place for those who want a low key, charming hotel experience. If you prefer high end luxury, go elsewhere.
The Sibonne is a two story hotel located directly on Grace Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Our second floor room, was nicely decorated with excellent A/C, wi-fi, flat-screen TV strong shower, and a high, peaked roof that gave a sense of space. (Two small caveats: the second floor balconies do not have awnings or roofs, and most of the second floor ocean view rooms only show a small strip of sea from the front door. In my mind, these 'ocean views' are negligible. Our balcony opened onto the interior garden.)
We loved the Sibonne's location-- literally a few steps to the beach-- and the Bay Bistro, the excellent restaurant on the property. The beach was wide and uncrowded, and equipped with thatch-topped shelters and lounge chairs. Get your towels at the front desk-- we found that the staff would dispense two towels per person on request. Towels are thin, but adequate.
The Sibonne staff was helpful, courteous and friendly. The staff may not initiate conversation, but they will be very kind and responsive if you engage them, and are ready to book taxis or suggest excursions.
The Sibonne makes for an 'easy' and delightful holiday. You are steps from both an exquisite beach with turquoise waters and a fine restaurant. The gardens on the property are home to coconut
palms (we watched coconuts being harvested by the staff), tropical flowers, a friendly tabby and what appeared to be an ibis.
Factor in the friendly pricing, and the Sibonne is well worth its five stars. Highly recommended, especially for those who desire a low-key, well-priced holiday one one of the world's loveliest beaches.
A few additional suggestions:
--Taxis are expensive because they charge by the number of riders. Find out about car rentals if you want to tour the island extensively, or pick tours that will pick you up from or deliver you back to your hotel.
--Big Blue Unlimited runs a variety of excursions that are restricted to 8 people or fewer. Had an excellent snorkeling trip with them.
--Good restaurants, in addition to the Bay Bistro at the Sibonne: Mango Reef at the Alexandra Hotel and Pelican Bay at the Royal West Indies.
--The airport at Provo was extremely crowded for our Saturday afternoon departure. Allow 2-2.5 hours to get to the airport and board your flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For casual elegance, relaxation and value Sibonne Beach Hotel is an intimate hotel directly on Grace Bay Beach - one of the best beaches in the world. With room amenities of a modern resort - we offer comfortable accommodations, lush garden or ocean views, fresh water pool and the best location on Grace Bay Beach. Our everyday value rates makes Sibonne Beach Hotel the best choice for your Caribbean vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sibonne Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sibonne Beach Providenciales
- Hotel Sibonne Beach
- Sibonne Beach Hotel Turks And Caicos/Providenciales