We had an amazing vacation at The Sands! This was our first time to Turks & Caicos, and certainly not our last. We travelend from 2/28-3/7 with our 6 year old twin girls. It is isuch an easy flight fron JFK... and a 20 minute cab ride to the hotel. Makes traveling with kids such a pleasure. When we checked in, we were disappointed with our room as it was in buliding 6 and our room was RIGHT next to the lobby and when you walk out our door,it was the parking lot. We worked with Raymond (the manager) to resolve our disappointment and we were in a different room the next day. He certainly made our stay much better by accomodating us! I highly reccomend a 1st floor room if you have kids.
We were here for 9 days and had perfect weather! The first 7 days were 100% perfection with a little rain the last 2 days. I couldn't believe how perfect it was! What i love about The Sands is you can still see the amazing beach even when you are sitting at the pool. They provide floaties for the pool.... and beach toys, snorkling gear, kayaks, life jackets for the beach. No need to rent or buy any of that while down there.
I hihgly recmmond booking a boat ride through Reef Peepers. They pick you up at the hotel and you go on a 4 hour boat ride. We dove for conchs and sand dollars.... and it was the most beautiful scenery i have ever seen. By far our favorite day activity wise.
Hemingways was delicious... we ate dinner there three times and lunch twice. We also explored the island... other favorite restaruants are Bella Luna (italian), Danny Bouys (lunch), Jimmy's Dive Bar, Mango Reef ( a walk down the beach to the left). They have two great ice cream shops which of course the kids loved. A tip we learned the last night... Hemmingways charges a $10 corkage fee if you want to bring in your own bottle of wine. Certainly would have saved us some money if we knew that 8 nights sooners!
Can't wait to go bacck!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- The Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales