My husband and I stayed at the Sands for 8 nights in mid-December in a one bedroom garden view. We were upgraded from a gardenview studio so I was thrilled when we were shown into our spacious corner unit. Now we won't be able to book a gardenview studio when we go back. And we ARE going back. After travelling to many places and to some of the world's best beaches we found everything we've looked for in one spot - and close to home too, well only a few short hours away. Here's a list of the pros and cons of staying at the Sands, which as you can see from our 5 star rating, there's not much to complain about!
Things we loved:
. Large screened-in patio, loads of room, had breakfast there every morning.
. Bathroom just redone, great shower, nice toiletries.
. Great kitchen with everything you need.
. TV in bedroom as well as living room.
. Washer and dryer.
. Beautifully landscaped and looked after.
. Pools weren't too cold to swim in.
. Is there any beach better than this anywhere??!! Rainbows to the right almost every day, stunning sunsets to the left, white sand, turquoise water, a picture everywhere.
. Lots of palapas to choose from and at this time of year not much of a problem to find a vacant one. The odd time they were full staff would set up a couple of beach chairs and umbrella for you (tipping not mandatory but appreciated).
. Hemingway's - fish tacos, deep fried ice cream, etc., etc. - fantastic spot to sit and eat, drink or listen to music and you don't even have to leave the resort.
. Great to have beach service for drinks or lunch when you just can't turn your back on that turquoise view in front of you.
. Friendly and helpful staff on the front desk - thank you in particular to Priscilla!
Manager's cocktail reception
. Weekly reception makes a wonderful lead-up to dinner with appetizers, beer and rum punch - and a nice touch to have the Manager walk around with staff to introduce themselves to guests.
. Close enough to walk to lots of other beachfront restaurants as well as The Saltmills and Ports of Call shopping areas and Graceway Gourmet (as long as you didn't have too many groceries to carry back)
. Loud noise from people walking overhead on the tile floors - this only happened a few times during the week but could be annoying if it happened more frequently.
. Noises from adjacent unit - we could hear the blow dryer in the bathroom next door - soundproofing could be better.
Those were the only 2 negatives the entire week and they wouldn't be enough to dissuade us from staying here again. Sooooo many positives to outweigh these.
During our stay we ate at Hemingway's, Bay Bistro, Somewhere on the Beach, Danny Buoy's, Las Brisas, Da Conch Shack, Sharkbite - I'll do reviews in the next couple of days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales