We really enjoyed our stay at The Sands. The location was perfect situated on a beautiful white sand beach with empty space on either side of the hotel. This was unusual since most of the other hotels were crammed in next to each other. The grounds were magnificent with three swimming pools, a jucuzzi, tennis courts and a restaurant (Hemingways). The restaurant was great for breakfast, lunch and bar drinks. The dinner food was average. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious with a sleeping area with a comfortable firm bed and soft feather pillows, a large sitting area with a sofa, chairs and flat screen TV, a bathroom (unfortunately the water pressure in the shower was terrible and I would have appreciated a make-up mirror), and we especially enjoyed the large screened-in patio. We reserved a studio with a graden view and were delighted to discover that we had a fabulous unobstructed view of the ocean. The views were best from the third floor but there is no elevator so be prepared to walk up three flights of stairs. The hotel included free water sports and we spent a day sailing on a hobbie craft and another day snorkeling at coral gardens (a thrity minute walk down the beach) The room had a cofee maker with complimentary coffee, a refrigerator, complimentary bottled water, a microwave and even a clothes washer and dryer (which we never used).. Unfortunately, our front door faced the east and the sun came in at 6:00 a.m. and woke us up. The staff brought us a black out shade which we hung over the door which helped eliminate the glare. We rented a car for a day but there is very lttle to see on the island. There is virtually no night life except for two small casinos. We had two gourmet meals at Coco Bistro and at Grace Cottage. The other restaurants were disappointing at best. My husband enjoyed eating at the Conch Shack but I'm not a fan of fried food. We loved our week at Turks and Caicos and hope to return to The Sands for another vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- The Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales