You really don't have to leave the hotel if you don't want to! There are sail boats, kayaks, bikes etc etc available for guests to use for free so there is plenty to keep you entertained. But that is the case with every hotel along the beach at Grace Bay. There are plenty of other hotels and the Sands was fine - some of the other hotels did look a bit more modern so if it is up-scale that you want do some more research as I don't think this hotel with satisfy your needs.
Having said that, we loved it here! The apartment felt like home and was very spacious, very clean and the private patio area was wonderful. The kitchen was well equipped, in fact it was better equipped than our kitchen at home! Large fridge, large oven, lots and lots of pantry space.
The food in the restaurant was reasonably priced and the Thursday night BBQ at the pool (complimentary for hotel guests courtesy of hotel management) was undeniably awesome. A great way to taste the local cuisine and enjoy some rum punch with other guests :)
Getting to town is no problem - you can walk (about 10 - 15 minutes), cycle, or get a taxi - and is worth heading to town on your first day to stock up on supplies for your stay.
The highlight of this hotel is definitely the beach and the ability to explore the beauty surrounding the Grace Bay area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect harmony on Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales Experience an earthly wonder of sand and sea at our 114-suite luxury resort on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands, British West Indies. Family-friendly, yet ideally suited for romantic getaways and wedding celebrations, The Sands at Grace Bay offers a harmonious balance of home comforts and sublime Caribbean elegance - as well as a picture perfect location on the sparkling shores of Grace Bay Beach. If you are dreaming of a beach holiday in the Caribbean that gives you the flexibility of having your own fully-equipped suite while enticing you with fine dining, pristine grounds and sigh-inducing vistas, we look forward to welcoming you to The Sands at Grace Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sands at Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands At Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Sands At Grace Bay Providenciales
- Sands Grace Bay
- Sands At Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales